Lucid dream enhancement - Choline

4 posters

Go down

Lucid dream enhancement - Choline Empty Lucid dream enhancement - Choline

Post by Tempest 21.07.17 19:02

I've been tinkering on and off over the years with lucid dream enhancing tonics and herbs, I once even plumped for a rather expensive bottle of tablets which although very good were not worth the price tag in my opinion (I won't put the name to avoid any possible legal ramifications).

So far I've found Wormwood and Mugwort to be rather ineffective on me, and due to the toxic nature of the wormwood I found more than a couple of doses a month caused me some pretty fierce digestive issues (what it may or may not have done to me on a more serious front I'm not sure, time will tell)

For the last few months I've been experimenting with 'Choline' (a water-soluble vitamin-like essential nutrient) and found it pretty effective in improving 'dream recall', but alas, it has had little effect on my lucidity.

A little back ground:
I've been 'playing' with lucid dreaming for roughly twenty years (real life commitments on occasion 'getting in the way' for a period of time). Through this gate I may or may not have accessed the astral planes at times (I'd rather it be the case I hadn't considering my dreaming 'habits/pass times'). Recall is off and on depending on how well rested I am, but I'd like to be able to improve my 'self awareness' as though it's all good fun to go around doing as I please, it feel like I'm wasting my time 'playing' when I could be doing something more productive.
I did have rather mundane objectives in my early days fulled by teenage hormones, that has now passed so I often find myself 'unfocused' and just goofing around wasting my time there.

So in short, Choline is helpful but I'm still on the look out for something that will help me to focus more. Effective as lust/rage were back in the day, it seems no amount of programs or pre-planning will motivate me once I'm asleep these days. I can set myself the task of 'finding XXX' with ritual, meditation, sigils and all the incubation methods under the sun and I'll still find myself pissing into the Primordial soup whilst singing sea shanties....my Id is a brat....

If anyone here has found something to help 'wake up' higher brain functions during sleep please let me know.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, but equally all fun and games makes him a fool.
Tempest
Tempest
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Lucid dream enhancement - Choline Empty Re: Lucid dream enhancement - Choline

Post by Heruset 21.07.17 21:43

I was going to recommend mugwort but haven't tried it myself; it is growing in abundance in the wild here though.

Have you tried Calea zacatechichi or combining different dream herbs?

They could also be ineffective due to diet.

Heruset
Banned

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2015-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest 22.07.17 10:43

I've not tried Calea zacatechichi, with the new 'legal high' laws that came into place a few years ago here in the UK I might not be able to obtain it but I'll see what I can rustle up.

The mugwort made me feel 'drunk' whilst dreaming which may have been down to dosage. Too little had no effect and too much was like I'd had several large shots of spirits, I should try tinkering more with it without the wormwood. It is good for seeing 'auras' more clearly when awake so it does have its uses for me.

I have tried different foods (potent cheeses, turned meat...etc) which added some wonderful depths to the dreams and exquisite nightmarish qualities at times. Going to bed slightly peckish is helpful and eating 'clean' (plant matter, spring water and as chemical free as possible) for a week or so did 'clear my mind' up a fair bit, but it could all be down to my brain structure these days.

As a teen my brain and ambitions were a lot less complex and that may be why with my older more 'developed' brain I'm having trouble remaining focused. All the extra neural pathways making those old roads harder to find.

Oddly though when I had to take a prescribed pain killer for a back injury combined with the Choline the effect was excellent. Unfortunately dabbling with anything of that nature for very long would easily lead to addiction (knowing my nature well enough I steer clear of things that will 'tempt' it). Trying to mimic the affect with the last of my kratom supply (legal to own but now impossible to buy here) didn't produce anything like the same effect. The same feeling of being 'drunk' happened with even the smallest dose, the same as with the mugwort and catnip (though catnip did have some unusual effects I'm still trying to harness).
Tempest
Tempest
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Heruset 22.07.17 13:08

I am not recommending it, but depending on legality in your area, small doses of entheogens sometimes cause dream changes; some are even for dream visions etc.

I'd look more into it. There are some stronger elements than calea and mugwort in nature Twisted Evil

Heruset
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest 22.07.17 15:27

I'll add it to my "See what I can rustle up" list, the laws here are rather odd. Technically catnip is 'banned' but it's still openly for sale in pet stores (?!).

Very true that nature will no doubt provide me with something to help, the local graveyard here is prime for an array of herbs and plant life that are left to grow wild. I won't forget in a hurry when my son came running up to me when he was about five with handfuls of 'little mushrooms' and I then spent the rest of the evening tending to the resulting 'fever'.... Rolling Eyes ....kids lol
Tempest
Tempest
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Heruset 23.07.17 19:12

At least he didn't go accusing people of witchcraft

Heruset
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempest 26.07.17 20:18

Not yet anyway lol, here's to hoping he doesn't one day 'wake up' and decide he was programmed by MK Ultra.

I can see if it does ever crop up that I'm in for a very interesting conversation.

"No little one....you weren't part of a secret government project....you just grabbed a bunch of dodgy mushrooms with your bare hands in a graveyard and then spent the rest of the night talking to the wall paper..."
Tempest
Tempest
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by NECROVAMP 18.05.18 13:05

ZMA should work. It's a combination of Zinc, Magnesium Aspartate, and B6. The product will be labeled ZMA and the combination is manufactured by numerous companies.
NECROVAMP
NECROVAMP
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2018-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Niani 19.05.18 10:57

I personally have tried Aztec Dream Herb. It's a trip, I can tell you that much. You can brew it in a tea and smoke it I believe, but I would simply rub the leaves on the roof of my mouth for a time. Best four hour naps I've ever taken. And yeah, my dreams were....interesting to say the least. It was reportedly used back in the day to manifest vision travels and lucid dreams, and it is entirely legal and safe - though as always people react differently to things and you must be careful of medication interactions, etc.
Niani
Niani
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2017-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down