Troublemaker
Jonathan
Ramla-Meryt
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Resonance and Reflections - Page 2 Empty Re: Resonance and Reflections

Post by Lynskha 27.02.19 11:30

The Book of Orion is included in the Violet Throne.

It is a very good book and its main subject is not vampirism, but it deals with Kabbalah for example.

I would reccomend you to get Violet Throne, since it is a more complete grimoire with a new version of the Asetian Bible.
Lynskha
Lynskha
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2017-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 27.02.19 12:13

Nachtzehren, I'd say if you already read the Asetian Bible it would be good to get the Violet Throne next, because it contains The Book of Orion and Words in Silence, in addition to an updated Asetian Bible. If you purchase them all separately, you will end up spending a lot more.
But if you can only get the Book of Orion for some reason, it still is a good idea.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1612
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramla-Meryt 27.02.19 12:36

If the Violet Throne is a compilation, then I'll get that next. Thank you sincerely for the recommendations.
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2018-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade 27.02.19 12:59

I second the opinions of Lynskha and Rhea Kaye. If you're undecided between those two books definately get the Violet Throne since it already includes the Book of Orion alongside other valuable material, not to mention that its version of the Asetian Bible is far superior to the original public edition most people get as standalone.
Nightshade
Nightshade
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramla-Meryt 27.02.19 13:00

Nightshade wrote:I second the opinions of Lynskha and Rhea Kaye. If you're undecided between those two books definately get the Violet Throne since it already includes the Book of Orion alongside other valuable material, not to mention that its version of the Asetian Bible is far superior to the original public edition most people get as standalone.

Thank you. I'll be getting it next time that my budget allows for non-bill/mandatory-related spending.
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 27.02.19 13:07

Curious to see this here on the forum, it seems that this is how the universe conspires sometimes. I was just talking on the phone with a friend from the UK who just ordered his second copy of the Violet Throne as the first one got ruined and he told me that right now the book is on a really big sale on Amazon.co.uk down 60% of the price. That’s quite a rare chance to get it for such a low price. If someone is looking for that specific book, seems like this is a great time to buy it.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 27.02.19 13:44

Wow... interesting coincidence there. What a markdown!
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1612
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramla-Meryt 27.02.19 14:36

Jonathan wrote:Curious to see this here on the forum, it seems that this is how the universe conspires sometimes. I was just talking on the phone with a friend from the UK who just ordered his second copy of the Violet Throne as the first one got ruined and he told me that right now the book is on a really big sale on Amazon.co.uk down 60% of the price. That’s quite a rare chance to get it for such a low price. If someone is looking for that specific book, seems like this is a great time to buy it.

Yes! I was definitely surprised as I initially remember it being around the £70 mark. While it is still out of my immediate as-of-right-now budget, it is at least a lot more accessible now and within range of planned spending.
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramla-Meryt 27.02.19 14:37

Rhea Kaye wrote:Wow... interesting coincidence there. What a markdown!

Indeed. I am hoping it continues for a while but, if it doesn't then it doesn't, and I shall get it sooner or later regardless.
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 07.06.19 5:47

Bumping this old thread. I actually came to think of something. Lately I have been craving pain, not for masochistic purposes, but for transcending pain and showing vigorous defiance towards it; a conquering strength and spirit over the physical, entirerly overcoming its frailties. This includes drenching myself in cold showers and literally devouring the feeling of my pain from hurts. I found it interesting. I know others talked about it in this thread and wondered if they reasoned the same. It was also a trait of the Concubine Lineage if I remember correctly. Now I do not mean to say that I am a Concubine, if that at all matches the description. I do not think I am an Asetian at all; I am merely my own very strange type of creature.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramla-Meryt 07.06.19 5:52

MysticLightShinethForth wrote:Bumping this old thread. I actually came to think of something. Lately I have been craving pain, not for masochistic purposes, but for transcending pain and showing vigorous defiance towards it; a conquering strength and spirit over the physical, entirerly overcoming its frailties. This includes drenching myself in cold showers and literally devouring the feeling of my pain from hurts. I found it interesting. I know others talked about it in this thread and wondered if they reasoned the same. It was also a trait of the Concubine Lineage if I remember correctly. Now I do not mean to say that I am a Concubine, if that at all matches the description. I do not think I am an Asetian at all; I am merely my own very strange type of creature.

I do find pain to be transformative and quite the catalyst in its own way. I do define myself as masochistic but there is an additional element to it; mastery of the body, control over the senses and endurance.
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 07.06.19 8:30

I don't fully understand masochism but I do understand the rest. The body - and the mind attached to it - need to be disciplined so that the mind can be unattached to it. This often comes through strenuous spiritual practice, discipline of meditation or rather said a certain type of asceticism; sitting still in meditation can be a matter of painful endurance in the beginning but later on one transcends that limitation in consciousness, with the correct method, and becomes relatively freer in mind.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramla-Meryt 05.11.20 8:46

Two years on plus a few days. Time for a revisit.

This was something I wrote quite recently:

The conflict between my deep-seated innate need to heal, to enhance and the ability to offer myself as a source of vital energy has remained at odds with my own need to draw on that which is within others and in the spirits of the natural world to keep my own subtle system operating as it should for close to half a decade. From the initial days of my early forays into the vampire community when it was still more forum-based before social media networks were a thing, I was left with the distinct and pervasive impression that I could never donate and be as I am at the core at the same time. That if I ever donated, I would no longer be able to regard myself as a vampire, a term that I had settled on after intense years of introspection, investigation and due consideration.

The confliction between something innate and interwoven with the newly-realised (even if not newly-present, upon reflection), increased by contrary attitudes within the vampire community as a whole, added to a period of disorientation and core self struggle; shifting between the two.

It has only been in the last couple of years that I have come to realise that being a vampire and being able to donate as a vampire is not contradictory. One does not invalidate the other and if anything, I feel utterly whole as an individual with such characteristics. Balanced, rather than disjointed or cobbled together.

I do not have a closed system of non-mundane sustenance and my strength can thus become another’s without being detrimental. What I draw on to feed – to sustain myself on a higher level than the base intake and to keep the metaphysical motor running and everything flowing as it should be – becomes a key reagent in an alchemical process involving vital essence in tandem as part of an intimate gesture of unreserved trust.

“Roses have both petals and thorns, my dark flower. You needn’t believe something weak because it appears delicate.” – K Maniscalco

The gesture and principle of donating also touches on highly select submission and surrender through service. It is surrendering through gestures and tasks, through usefulness and an innate disposition. In relation to donating specifically, it is making use of something that is not to my detriment while enabling the bettering, sustaining and empowerment of another. It is giving. This will not be the case for all vampires that also donate but I hope that my words can resonate or make sense to at least a few who feel similar.

Serving as a ritualistic catalyst is something that has long held a deep-rooted sense of innate rightness. The drawing in, filtering and release of energy is something that I am still only just beginning to harness control of through routine meditation as part of magical training, but I am finding it to be something that is good to be aware of in multiple contexts. My energetic awareness is deepening, my control of it improving and my vocabulary expanding – that said, I describe myself eagerly as a forever learner and will likely regard what I do as rudimentary for some time yet.

Accepting that I can be both a vampire and a vampire that can donate their vital essence to another is now within the interwoven core of my sense of Self. To feed and to be fed on in turn is as rhythmic and settled in pattern to me as the ocean’s wild tides and the beating of my heart.

As something of a disclaimer, I do not nor have I ever considered myself to be a Concubine or Asetian in any way, shape or form. I remain drawn to the public archetype and symbolism of transformation even while remaining perpetually syncretic. Positives and pathways.
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2