Forbidden Arts of Creation

4 posters

Go down

Forbidden Arts of Creation Empty Forbidden Arts of Creation

Post by Ramla-Meryt 04.10.20 19:40

"As the empire grew and humanity evolved also did the magick of the Gods and so they ventured into the forbidden arts of creation." - VT; Asetian Bible, p.80

While reading and contemplating the Violet Throne, this particular line in the Book of Nun struck me as something internally raising a few questions. The phrasing 'forbidden arts of creation' makes me wonder if this is referencing the sacred sibling-lovers' act of creation of Anpu or if it refers to the art of creation being forbidden to humanity.

If it refers to the power of creation being forbidden to the siblings, the potential why's are intriguing. It is not something that I would've considered restricted from them.

I will fully admit that I have not got that far into reading the tome as a whole and may find more of a refinement on this later on. I can always revisit this thread at a later date.

If it refers to the power of creation being forbidden to humanity, then that makes more sense. The foray into magickal creation of the level spoken of and implied within the grimoire is understandably beyond that of mortal means.

Em Hotep.
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2018-03-19

Back to top Go down

Forbidden Arts of Creation Empty Re: Forbidden Arts of Creation

Post by Troublemaker 04.10.20 20:08

I am not entirely sure on this one, as it is quite cryptic, but I suspect it has something to do with the alchemy behind fire and water as a forbidden creation practice - I could be wrong on that, however.

Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1612
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 05.10.20 4:54

Personally I don't think there is any connection to the aspect of siblings, especially since that was common among royalty in Egypt. I believe it's more connected with your second guess of being related to arts forbidden to humanity. Creational magick is the ultimate power ascribed to Aset.

I would be very cautious about drawing conclusions while studying the Book of Nun since it's intended to be cryptic and to hold keys in a deeper way. It's an initiatory cosmology after all.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 05.10.20 5:15

'Forbidden' indeed seems to be a relative term, and forbidden by whom, I've often asked myself? Certain occult knowledge is considered forbidden, but who made it so? Is it by nature? Is it in comparison to the level of progress in evolution and growth within humanity?
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramla-Meryt 05.10.20 10:07

Jonathan wrote:Personally I don't think there is any connection to the aspect of siblings, especially since that was common among royalty in Egypt. I believe it's more connected with your second guess of being related to arts forbidden to humanity. Creational magick is the ultimate power ascribed to Aset.

I would be very cautious about drawing conclusions while studying the Book of Nun since it's intended to be cryptic and to hold keys in a deeper way. It's an initiatory cosmology after all.

Ah, the inclusion of siblings was more for the purpose of clarification than as part of the question. My apologies for not making that more distinct. Thank you for your reply; definitely something for me to remember.

MysticLightShinethForth wrote:'Forbidden' indeed seems to be a relative term, and forbidden by whom, I've often asked myself? Certain occult knowledge is considered forbidden, but who made it so? Is it by nature? Is it in comparison to the level of progress in evolution and growth within humanity?

Interesting point! Much like how 'darkness' in the common use of the word versus its use in the VT and in relation to the Aset Ka are quite contrary. The control of occult knowledge is something quite fascinating that may be a worthwhile subject to explore, as like a lot of knowledge of a certain type throughout history, those who have access to it are not necessarily exclusively worthy particularly when considering their condemnation of any form of magick that is Other - thinking particularly of court alchemists versus cunning folk in the setting of the British Isles and Europe.

Rhea Kaye wrote:I am not entirely sure on this one, as it is quite cryptic, but I suspect it has something to do with the alchemy behind fire and water as a forbidden creation practice - I could be wrong on that, however.
Interesting point. Thank you for replying. It is definitely something that I plan on re-visiting at a later date in my personal studies and progress in turn.
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2018-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 05.10.20 10:44

Ramla-Meryt wrote:
MysticLightShinethForth wrote:'Forbidden' indeed seems to be a relative term, and forbidden by whom, I've often asked myself? Certain occult knowledge is considered forbidden, but who made it so? Is it by nature? Is it in comparison to the level of progress in evolution and growth within humanity?

Interesting point! Much like how 'darkness' in the common use of the word versus its use in the VT and in relation to the Aset Ka are quite contrary. The control of occult knowledge is something quite fascinating that may be a worthwhile subject to explore, as like a lot of knowledge of a certain type throughout history, those who have access to it are not necessarily exclusively worthy particularly when considering their condemnation of any form of magick that is Other - thinking particularly of court alchemists versus cunning folk in the setting of the British Isles and Europe.

That's an interesting detail or point of knowledge for consideration. Didn't know about the contrast you gave in terms of the different magickal practitioners. Is this something you've studied? Would like to hear more! Smile
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down