Greetings from

3 posters

Go down

Greetings from  Empty Greetings from

Post by supervirtual 27.12.20 2:00

I'm excited to be joining this forum and hope to be talking to as many of you as possible about things metaphysical.

One of my interests is the digital occult: paranormal phenomena that occur within the digital itself, and which cause us to question not only who and what we are, but whether we have complete control over what we have created. My handle, "supervirtual", is a reference to this (by analogy with supernatural). I write software for a living, and sometimes work with other artists to make strange situations happen. Some of us recently created an electronic ouija session, for example, with unseen virtual spirits.

For the readers among you, I've written a book about supervirtual psychic vampires, Vampires of Avonmouth (find it on amazon, smashwords etc). If any of you live, like me, in the West Country of England (do any of you?) it contains a fair few local references. And is there anyone from West Africa out there? That's where these vampires come from.

Stay safe, and let your imagination roam

Tim
supervirtual
supervirtual
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2020-12-26

Back to top Go down

Greetings from  Empty Re: Greetings from

Post by supervirtual 27.12.20 2:08

The should have been "Greetings from a metaphysician". I don't see an Edit button for posts. Am I missing something?
supervirtual
supervirtual
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 27.12.20 5:44

Hello and welcome. Nice to see you're here and sharing with us your written books. Although we're more of an occult forum, of course, that kind of fictional writing can always contain noteworthy points reflecting reality and having hidden meaning within it! Smile Sounds interesting, your book. Just checked it up on Amazon. Smile What brought you towards this forum, though, or, rather, how did you find it? It's been rather silent for a while.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1319
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 27.12.20 6:44

Welcome.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by supervirtual 27.12.20 9:23

Thanks for the welcomes! I'm here a little late, perhaps - I should have come while I was writing. I didn't know I was particularly interested in vampirism and the occult until I found myself writing about them. My research tended to veer towards West Africa where I was first inspired: to spirits such as their "vodus" (hence voodoo). My background is science and (analytical) philosophy but I've always felt that the world - consciousness, in particular - is fundamentally mysterious; as a writer I'm interested in the symbols, practices and stories by which we negotiate that mystery. In the book the characters are preoccupied with how the mind is attached (or not) to the body, and with refuting the belief imposed by the tyrannical authorities in the late 21st century: that minds can be subsumed by algorithms.

supervirtual
supervirtual
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 27.12.20 9:47

That's interesting. I personally don't believe the mind can be subsumed by algorithms. Consciousness is non-physical, non-local, beyond the mind, but its essence is that of the awareness which you are.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1319
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: