Pharaoh Seti I, father of Ramses II

4 posters

Go down

Pharaoh Seti I, father of Ramses II Empty Pharaoh Seti I, father of Ramses II

Post by Tiet 21.07.22 11:06

Menmaatre Seti I, Sethos I, son of Ramses I and Sitre, was the second pharaoh of the Nineteenth Dynasty; ruled about fifteen years, from 1294 to 1279 BC.
Seti I was a military man, like his father, born in the Nile Delta region. His name comes from Seth, the god of war, weapons and the army, whom Seti I served as a priest before becoming a Not much is known about the youth of pharaoh Seti I, but about his Not much is known about the youth of pharaoh Seti I, but about his reign. As his father became vizier of Horemheb and later pharaoh, he was soon associated with the throne, but by then he was of mature age.
In his first year of rule alone, he launched into the conquest of Palestine, Syria and Canaan, which had achieved their independence during the reign of Akhenaten or had been conquered by the Hittites, traditional enemies of ancient Egypt.

Seti’s campaigns to the south of these territories were a resounding success, unmatched since the times of Tuthmosis III and Amenhotep II, but he did not dare to go further north for the advance of Hittite Upon ascending the throne, Seti I was already a family man, and his lifelong wife, Tuya, was not promoted to the rank of Great Royal Wife until his death.
It has been assumed that Seti I was the husband of Tanedjemet, a queen from the beginning of the dynasty, whose parentage is unknown, but that she was probably the daughter of Horemheb and the link between the 18th and 19th dynasties, which she gave legitimacy to the reign of the new dynasty and which explains why his wife, Yours, was not promoted to Great Royal Wife until her death.

Horemheb, Ramses I and Seti I had to pacify and reorder Egypt, being another of their conquests to dominate the powerful priests of Amun, who after the end of Akhenaten‘s revolution had returned to be too powerful.
One success in this silent battle was preventing the sons from inheriting the office. At the same time, the cult of the other traditional gods was strengthened (prohibiting, of course, mentioning the god Aten ), especially the god Seth. It was precisely under Seti I that the real persecution towards the memory of Akhenaten began, and his unfinished capital, Akhetaten, began to be demolished.
The Nineteenth Dynasty was born as a true family of warrior kings, of a clear military origin. The successor of Seti I, the future Ramses II would not be an exception, and it was due to the immense fame that this pharaoh acquired that the memory of Seti I has come to us, undeservedly, somewhat diminished.
Seti I’s mummy, one of the best preserved, was found in 1881 in the cache of Deir el-Bahari and stored since in Cairo Museum. Studies on the mummy do not shed light on the reasons for his early death, although it is believed that he suffered from a vascular disease that caused his heart to malfunction.
Tiet
Tiet
Banned

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2020-07-19

Back to top Go down

Pharaoh Seti I, father of Ramses II Empty Re: Pharaoh Seti I, father of Ramses II

Post by Troublemaker 22.07.22 8:02

You should credit your source.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1612
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Pharaoh Seti I, father of Ramses II Empty Re: Pharaoh Seti I, father of Ramses II

Post by Tiet 22.07.22 8:24

Why?
Tiet
Tiet
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 22.07.22 11:49

It's called intellectual honesty.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiet 23.07.22 22:54

A real Sethian never reveals his source , is in his blood !♒
Tiet
Tiet
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 24.07.22 8:07

A Sethian, huh? Might just reveal the source for you then. Here it is: https://historicaleve.com/pharaoh-seti-i/

That was very simple, now wasn't it? Razz
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiet 24.07.22 11:37

Sevtor Holt , I like that I manipulate an asetian, at least you do it yourself clown clown clown clown !
Tiet
Tiet
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 24.07.22 13:55

I'm not an Asetian.

Seems your manipulations consist in being a general troll. Your main tactic consists in making us laugh so hard we fall off our chairs. Razz
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiet 27.07.22 8:29

Pharaoh Seti I, father of Ramses II Eb5ef010

Tiet
Tiet
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by TrillaCruile 03.08.22 17:55

Concerning the 400 Year Stela

“ The incomplete stela was made during the reign of Ramesses II of the 19th Dynasty; this pharaoh appears in the lunette while offering wine jars to Seth, whose name was erased when this deity was demonised in later times. Behind the pharaoh stands an official named Seti, the author of the stela.

The inscription on the lower register says that Seti, son of Paramessu and Tia, came to worship Seth and commemorate this event by issuing the granite stela; curiously, and with the approval of Ramesses II, Seti dated the stela to the “Year 400, fourth day of the fourth month of the Season of the Inundation” of a pharaoh named Aapehtiseth Nubti (“Great is the strength of Seth, he of Ombos”):”

Pharaoh Seti I, father of Ramses II 14ad9710
Pharaoh Seti I, father of Ramses II B21b3310

Going 400 years back before the period suggested by the stela (most likely when Seti was an official under king Horemheb), gives a datation of the celebrated event of around 1730–1720 BCE.”

Looking back at who ruled Egypt around the reference period we can find Setian influences yet again including the Pharoah Khendjer:

“The name Khendjer is poorly attested in Egyptian. Khendjer "has been interpreted as a foreign name hnzr and equated with the Semitic personal name h(n)zr, [for] "boar" according to the Danish Egyptologist Kim Ryholt. He notes that this identification is confirmed by the fact that the name h(n)zr is written as hzr in a variant spelling of this king's name on a seal from this king's reign. Ryholt states that the word 'boar' is attested as huzīru in Akkadian, hinzīr in Arabic, hazīrā in Aramaic, hazīr in Hebrew (the name is attested as hēzīr in I Chron. 24:15, Neh. 10:20) hu-zi-ri in the Nuzi texts, hnzr in Ugarit, and perhaps hi-zi-ri in Amorite. Khendjer was, therefore, the earliest known Semitic king of a native Egyptian dynasty.

Khendjer's prenomen or throne name, Userkare, translates as "The Soul of Re is Powerful." Khendjer may have had a second prenomen at his coronation: 'Nimaatre' which translates as 'The one who belongs to Maat is Re.'

(Wikipedia references for surface information”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khendjer
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_400_Stela

TrillaCruile
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2022-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiet 06.08.22 13:39

so Ra for real take Seth on this boat?
Tiet
Tiet
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down