Children of Apep

3 posters

Go down

Children of Apep Empty Children of Apep

Post by tutankhamon 28.12.22 1:33

Hi, i see posts about ,, The Children of Seth” , etc etc.
and I wanted to ask you what information you have about the Children of Apep/Apophis?
And what’s your opinion about them?
Thanks!
tutankhamon
tutankhamon
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2022-12-19

Back to top Go down

Children of Apep Empty Re: Children of Apep

Post by Jonathan 28.12.22 14:45

It's my understanding that there are no children of Apep. Apophis is the embodiment of the forces of chaos and its powers are aligned with those of Aset. It is not a power of creation so it wouldn't make much sense to have spiritual offspring. In myth Apep fiercely attacks Ra and Seth in the underworld.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by 8lou1 29.12.22 4:05

mmmm, my understanding is that there are children of apep, but that they dont exist.
8lou1
8lou1
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by 8lou1 29.12.22 4:20

sorry im rereading jonathans post and have to say that apophis is not the same as apep. i would range apep under the darker gods like the deeper paths in currents like 218 (so not the era or place of their gods, but rather the parents and grandparents of the currents' gods and the sacred hiddenness of those forces).

the difference between the two imho might be that the egyptian culture has still remnants on this earth while apep has no seen cult. the aset ka coming more in the open might help in the confusion, which is not chaos btw, but a lot of snake imagery indeed. Wink
8lou1
8lou1
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by tutankhamon 29.12.22 4:32

We understand Set or Suti as being the original rebel, the cosmic Adversary who stood against the mainstream hierarchy. The primal motivation for this is symbolized in the subconscious as Apep, the

force of primal hunger and continual ascension of power.
Apep was a devil in Egyptian lore who could assume numerous forms, he was a continual shape- shifter whose primary form was a gigantic serpent. Apep, like Seth had a legion of fiends called the Mesu Betshet which means “Children of Rebellion”.
Apep represents in Egyptian mythology the essence of darkness and who is symbolized as the blackest, most abyssic part of the night. During the daylight hours Apep was said to lay in wait in the eastern sky, attempting to devour the sun. His “hunger” for the Sun is the balancing aspect of nature, the eclipse being a continual desire for gaining power and life. Apep is the primal survival instinct, that which dwells in the abyss of our subconscious. Seth, who conquers Apep, is the higher intellect which controls the primal desire and not only allows it to be expressed but also to keep it in a sense of balance.
who works with Seth-Apep embraces the darkness of the subconscious, like the Babylonian Tiamat found power in the darkness, for they alone were strong enough to master it. Seth is the one who sought to devour the crescent moon, while Apep sought to devour the Sun. While Seth holds Adversarial dominion, the primal aspect of rebellion was taken over in the New Kingdom by Apep.
The role of both Set and Apep in Egyptian cosmology is
essential to the balance. The Copticαπωρ is the equivalent of
“Giant” in the Coptic biblical text which is translated from
γιγας24. The chief companion of Apep was Shesshes who took
the form of a crocodile with a giant serpent which was the end of his body.
24 From Fetish to God in Ancient Egypt, E.A. Wallis Budge

Found in my journal, i think is from a book but i don’t know which one.
tutankhamon
tutankhamon
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by 8lou1 29.12.22 4:56

ahh, to me seth is a downgrade and i found the female aspect of apep and humans seem to call that grace.
i also had the honor to converse with several occult houses and in essence found more healthy help with beings who align with asets ways then the ones who align with seths ways. although i have to say that the ones in usa military are really kind and helpfull.

its my believe that in this day and age the aset ka has entered a new era, where the story you write about has no use and there is freedom to create new life and ways. i dont think ever that it is easy for any to suddenly meet old enemies, or to awaken online realizing that a larper is stealing info, but such is this world. so we keep this in the offtopic section, like you take of your shoes when you enter a home.
8lou1
8lou1
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by tutankhamon 29.12.22 4:58

Of course is going to stay in the off topic 😅
I just wanted to hear more opinions, thanks so much.
tutankhamon
tutankhamon
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by 8lou1 29.12.22 5:03

you dont know how many readers fuck up big time. remember we all had to start somewhere and reading along is often the first step. and mice are annoying that too.
the wanting to hear more opinions is likewise, so thank you too. Smile
8lou1
8lou1
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 29.12.22 9:37

tutankhamon wrote:We understand Set or Suti as being the original rebel, the cosmic Adversary who stood against the mainstream hierarchy. The primal motivation for this is symbolized in the subconscious as Apep, the

force of primal hunger and continual ascension of power.
Apep was a devil in Egyptian lore who could assume numerous forms, he was a continual shape- shifter whose primary form was a gigantic serpent. Apep, like Seth had a legion of fiends called the Mesu Betshet which means “Children of Rebellion”.
Apep represents in Egyptian mythology the essence of darkness and who is symbolized as the blackest, most abyssic part of the night. During the daylight hours Apep was said to lay in wait in the eastern sky, attempting to devour the sun. His “hunger” for the Sun is the balancing aspect of nature, the eclipse being a continual desire for gaining power and life. Apep is the primal survival instinct, that which dwells in the abyss of our subconscious. Seth, who conquers Apep, is the higher intellect which controls the primal desire and not only allows it to be expressed but also to keep it in a sense of balance.
who works with Seth-Apep embraces the darkness of the subconscious, like the Babylonian Tiamat found power in the darkness, for they alone were strong enough to master it. Seth is the one who sought to devour the crescent moon, while Apep sought to devour the Sun. While Seth holds Adversarial dominion, the primal aspect of rebellion was taken over in the New Kingdom by Apep.
The role of both Set and Apep in Egyptian cosmology is
essential to the balance. The Copticαπωρ is the equivalent of
“Giant” in the Coptic biblical text which is translated from
γιγας24. The chief companion of Apep was Shesshes who took
the form of a crocodile with a giant serpent which was the end of his body.
24 From Fetish to God in Ancient Egypt, E.A. Wallis Budge

Found in my journal, i think is from a book but i don’t know which one.

I believe that the connection of Apep as allied to Seth is quite modern and not truly Egyptian in origin, since as you noticed even in the original myths Apep is an opposer of Seth, as Seth aids Ra in the travel of the night barge during the underworld every night. That connection is mostly a byproduct of modern Satanism rather than a Kemetic perspective I think. I don't see Seth as the cosmic Adversary either, but that is a whole different subject. Your comments on Apep seem valuable though.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by tutankhamon 29.12.22 11:06

I agree with you, there really isn't any connection. but let's not forget that history is written by the victorious one

but I also have this perspective
Read when you can

https://medium.com/@thedarkrubymagician/the-truth-about-apophis-and-the-true-interpretation-of-the-relationship-between-ra-and-apophis-ec405fe8076c

tutankhamon
tutankhamon
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by tutankhamon 29.12.22 11:06

Thanks Jonathan
tutankhamon
tutankhamon
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by 8lou1 30.12.22 9:23

i think i have been looking for a disconnection of some sorts. very often people think i walk saturnian ways, cause im an occult moslim, but that isnt the case.
i found a story where aset and seth worked together to kick out evil, i think it was apep, and i went evil.

afterwards it was understood as if i like creating such connections. i dont cause it takes tremendous effort to do so and it hurts more then i can express.

in the philosophical sense, i think its a very cool thing. working towards combining in a good sense and helping each other heal wounds.

and in the end the only reason i was searching for apop is because i dreamed of it and at one point had to accept spirit snake as guide. little did i know there are so many snakes...
8lou1
8lou1
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by 8lou1 30.12.22 9:25

ugh apep. im hearing mystic already saying do a preview first. and i should have. I love you pig
8lou1
8lou1
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: