+2
Lynskha
Appalachian Apprentice
6 posters

Go down

Hello everyone Empty Hello everyone

Post by Appalachian Apprentice 06.03.23 21:14

Greetings everyone!

I am 26 years young and from the Appalachian mountains with an interest in the occult. My interest began at a very young age around 11-12. I began my studies with Wicca and anything I could find on the internet at the time. Eventually, I stumbled upon the Asetian Bible probably around age 17 towards the end of high school. Ancient Egypt and Vampires had always been a fascination of mine. Over the next few years, a dabbled in several different currents & paths. Thelema, Hekateon (forgive any spelling errors), Atlantean, Luciferanism, Goetia, High Magick, ect. However, I never truly had any serious devotion to a particular way of life. I was led astray by ego and arrogance. Convinced and delusional, I believed that I knew everything inherently and that I was chosen to be something greater. I began to foolishly work through serious and dangerous paths with 0 regards for the consequences of my actions. For periods of time I became obsessive, delusional, and not at all grounded in reality. I fell deep into the pit falls of my own mind. I made mistakes in both my spiritual life and real world life. Practically, hitting rock bottom. Luckily, I have spent the last few years recovering and grounding myself in reality. I’ve learned to question myself and challenge my own acceptance of my beliefs. While I have began to re-read the Violet Throne, this time I am approaching it with a bit more humility and respect for the contents. I wish to begin working in the occult again and start fresh with solid practices. I want to rebuild my understanding and knowledge from the very basics. If anyone has any books they would recommend to help with the foundations of occult practices, I would appreciate it. I think I resonate mostly with traditional witchcraft, but I am honestly ignorant in what resources are respectable. Most of my reading beyond Crowley and related works has been mostly New Age. Im sure these modern works do have useful information within them. I would like to base my learning on more classical teachings. Due to the remoteness of my area, I don’t see finding a teacher or some kind of esoteric group as an option.
In an overview, I am here to learn more about what it means to be an Asetianist and to walk the Violet Road.

Many thanks,
Douglas Wayne
Appalachian Apprentice
Appalachian Apprentice
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2023-03-05

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone Empty Re: Hello everyone

Post by Lynskha 08.03.23 13:30

Welcome. I hope you find useful information here. Take a look at some posts here, read and interact.
Lynskha
Lynskha
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2017-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 08.03.23 14:35

Although the forum is generally quite inactive nowadays, you could find some deal of benefit from joining the Discord server hosted by our resident good scholar Nadia Smith, a respected community leader/voice within the community. You'll likely find more interaction there, as it's quite active everyday.

Welcome!
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 09.03.23 9:44

Welcome to the community.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexaAnghel 09.03.23 10:12

Nadia the one who invites the garbage Anto and doesn't answer him, they should kill this asshole
AlexaAnghel
AlexaAnghel
Banned

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2020-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexaAnghel 09.03.23 10:12

Anto -asshole
AlexaAnghel
AlexaAnghel
Banned

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2020-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 09.03.23 10:33

If you say that Anto is an asshole why would you expect someone like lady Nadia to answer him?
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 09.03.23 11:39

Anto was given so many ample opportunities to exist in the community (which was quite nice given his behavior) and he blew all of them.
Can’t stop trolling, being disruptive, being disrespectful and rude, and constantly “hailing Set”.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1612
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 09.03.23 11:39

Apologies… welcome to the community Appalachian.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1612
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: