Jonathan
Aghrab
Talibah
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A couple of Q's about the AB Empty A couple of Q's about the AB

Post by Lyprith 16.09.09 3:23

I recently finally decided to buy the Asetian Bible and when i went to the site i usally get my books from i found that they have run out of it in stock, so i thought i'd post a couple of questions i had from reading the threads i have found here.
I have read other users here have ofter referred to Souls as being "Human" or other things (such as Otherkin in general), I guess my first question is does it actually say in the Asetian Bible that Souls are specifically Human or other (wolf, fox, cat etc)?.
Also who was the Bible written by an Asetian or just someone who colaberated the information?

Lyprith
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

A couple of Q's about the AB Empty Re: A couple of Q's about the AB

Post by Talibah 16.09.09 3:41

"Asetians are the primordial vampires. Without a human soul, they are otherkin beings that represent the immortal bloodline of the Gods. The Children of Aset trace their roots back to the Ancient Egypt, a land of magick, religion and temples..." - p51, Asetian Bible.

This is just one of many mentions of the differences between a human soul, and that of the Asetian one. But also bear in mind that there are aspects to the Asetian soul that are only explained by the Divine nature of the Asetian Himself. It's not as cut and dry to simply say there are human souls, animal souls, otherkin souls etc.

And yes, the Asetian Bible was indeed written by Master Luis Marques - an Asetian.
Talibah
Talibah
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 16.09.09 4:29

I don't believe the Asetian Bible very much distinguished the souls apart, except that the souls of Asetians and Otherkin have different frequencies than Human souls, and often require more energy than a human body normally consumes. As for specific animal Otherkin, while one may have an affinity with an animal or more, I do not think the Asetian Bible points out anything specific with that. It does refer to Draconians, who are a lizard-like kind of Otherkin, not to be confused for real Dragons on account of the newest name used for them.

The Asetian Bible is a drawn out compilation of many works under the Asetian philosophy and includes a unique (except parts in some Ancient Egyptian texts) history of the universe from an Egyptian theological/scientific viewpoint. Luis Marques did write it, though in all technicality, he never once actually claims to be Asetian. It is just assumed because of how powerful his words are, and his use of pronouns when referring to Asetians in most parts of the book.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 16.09.09 7:02

I would think a marginal difference would be that Asetian souls are the Essence of Aset and that human souls are the result of Amon and created out of the Waters of Nun.
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 16.09.09 11:27

Lyprith, Asetians are indeed not Humans. That is something very clear from the Asetian Bible and studying their spirituality. There is a whole confusion in the vampire community when it comes to vampires being human or not. To Asetians, that answer is clear, they are not humans. By not humans, they mean they don't have a human soul like everyone else.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyprith 16.09.09 15:56

Thank you everyone for the replys.
Jonathan, so are you saying that their bodies and dna are something other than human? like do they have extra tenticals under their shirts or something (joking).

I've come to my own understanding that no souls are human or otherwise. A Human being is a physical description of a species of animal in the physical world, i don't really see how a soul could be human, a body yes, but a soul can be anything it wants. A past life can leave a heavy mark and cause the soul to not virbrate in harmony with it's current body.
Obviously i'm not going to pass my judgment (not that it'll really matter any but..meh) on the Asetians before i read the book, but i do have my reservations, i don't wish to be dissapointed again, but i feel like that is what is going to happen Sad

Lyprith
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 16.09.09 18:43

Lyprith wrote:Thank you everyone for the replys.
Jonathan, so are you saying that their bodies and dna are something other than human? like do they have extra tenticals under their shirts or something (joking).

I've come to my own understanding that no souls are human or otherwise. A Human being is a physical description of a species of animal in the physical world, i don't really see how a soul could be human, a body yes, but a soul can be anything it wants. A past life can leave a heavy mark and cause the soul to not virbrate in harmony with it's current body.
Obviously i'm not going to pass my judgment (not that it'll really matter any but..meh) on the Asetians before i read the book, but i do have my reservations, i don't wish to be dissapointed again, but i feel like that is what is going to happen Sad

Of course it is not using Human as a physical description, but a metaphysical description. It does not portray the soul as it is, there are a wide variety of Human souls, lest no more Asetians would have ever been created from them. The description of Human souls is merely a blanket term used to differentiate souls created from the Infinite and souls created by Aset or other Gods/Means.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by RudraShiva 19.09.09 15:02

Hi Lyprith.

Think in terms of consciousness. From what I can speculate about Asetianism, I would say that "Asetian" refers to a specific state of consciousness that, obviously, is supported by an immortal spiritual body. Maybe there would be physical differences between an Asetian and a human: perhaps some specific areas of the brain would show a different neuronal activity. Who knows. But, apart from that, an Asetian has a human body, so his DNA is, obviously, human.

So, when it comes to "humans" and "human souls", think again in terms of consciousness. The 95% of people experiment the same level of consciousness. In fact, your normal life, your everyday life, your human life is, actually, defined by this state of consciousness. To trascend it means to, actually, stop being human.
RudraShiva
RudraShiva
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix 19.09.09 20:42

Ankhhape wrote:I would think a marginal difference would be that Asetian souls are the Essence of Aset and that human souls are the result of Amon and created out of the Waters of Nun.

Very interesting concept! Worth thinking about. What about the Otherkin? What would you speculate as to the origin of their souls?
Phoenix
Phoenix
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by JWG 22.09.09 6:12

RudraShiva wrote:In fact, your normal life, your everyday life, your human life is, actually, defined by this state of consciousness. To trascend it means to, actually, stop being human.

Perhaps I misunderstand your words. Are you saying that you can Will yourself a non-Human Soul through evolution of the Self and state of consciousness?
JWG
JWG
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by RudraShiva 22.09.09 6:40

Yes, in a certain way I meant that.
RudraShiva
RudraShiva
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by JWG 22.09.09 11:18

RudraShiva wrote:Yes, in a certain way I meant that.

Interesting, although if speaking in Asetian terms; the only public known way to change a human Soul into one from Aset would be through the Dark Kiss.

To me, at this point; I am unaware of the possibility to change your Soul by Will alone.
JWG
JWG
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by RudraShiva 22.09.09 11:42

What do you think the so called Dark Kiss is?

We can only speculate, obviously, but have in mind that Asetianism is about the evolution of your Soul/Self/Will....

Take a little child and "apply" the Dark Kiss on him and I´m pretty sure his soul won´t became immortal.

Evolution is the path, the gate and the key.
RudraShiva
RudraShiva
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghrab 23.09.09 11:24

RudraShiva wrote:Take a little child and "apply" the Dark Kiss on him and I´m pretty sure his soul won´t became immortal.

The Dark Kiss is only possible to be done by an Elder Asetian, and only able to happen by the acceptance of Aset. Without her permission, nothing will happen if the Asetian applies the Dark Kiss on just about anyone. Besides that, the Dark Kiss is rare to happen in our days.

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 23.09.09 12:22

I do think it does involve Will and Evolution, no doubt, but I also believe it is not just about the Will and the Self. Those are required conditions, but alone they don't grant immortality or the gift of the Dark Kiss, in my opinion. It goes deeper and harder than that.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix 23.09.09 22:41

Aghrab wrote:The Dark Kiss is only possible to be done by an Elder Asetian, and only able to happen by the acceptance of Aset. Without her permission, nothing will happen if the Asetian applies the Dark Kiss on just about anyone. Besides that, the Dark Kiss is rare to happen in our days.
Aghrab

A good thought, which brings up a general question. In our 21st century world, does Aset still bestow the essence of Her Ka on humans, bringing them into the immortality of Her Order? Or do you believe that now, few are ever deemed worthy of the Dark Kiss?
Phoenix
Phoenix
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyprith 24.09.09 0:43

Very little of Egyptian religion is remembered much less worshipped, so very few people even know who Aset is. I assume those worthy of the Dark Kiss would have to be worshippers of Aset already??

Lyprith
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by AnaInDark 24.09.09 2:29

Lyprith wrote:Very little of Egyptian religion is remembered much less worshipped, so very few people even know who Aset is. I assume those worthy of the Dark Kiss would have to be worshippers of Aset already??
Those worthy of the Dark Kiss are Asetianists, of course! Of course they would worship Aset. How can some random human deserve to be Dark Kissed? It takes initiation, dedication and Aset's acceptance as it was said earlier.

Also, I can't imagine an Elder Asetian giving the Dark Kiss to someone he or she does not deeply Love (in a Asetian-Family way). They probably must have a very very close relationship to even be able to complete the deep 'ritual of the Dark Kiss'.
AnaInDark
AnaInDark
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-09-11

http://www.twitter.com/AnaInDark

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 24.09.09 4:18

It must still be remembered that while Aset is the centric deity of Asetianism and the Dark Kiss, Asetians are of a wide variety and belief systems. The same principles apply as believing in Aset as say, a cosmic energy or God in general. I do not think an Asetian needs to worship Aset in order to be gifted with the Dark Kiss. Also, the main reason there are not as many transformations today, I would think is because there is no need for so many more Asetians. In the time of Sep Tepy, there was a great conflict between Asetians and Sethians, so Asetians needed a lot of good people to last. There are likely enough already transformed since then, that the Asetians need merely to call upon those who wait to incarnate, and will find themselves with a lot of old friends awakening in their days.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by AnaInDark 24.09.09 4:43

Daniel09 wrote:I do not think an Asetian needs to worship Aset in order to be gifted with the Dark Kiss.

This means that no Asetian needs to worship Aset, which means that if this was true, there would be no Asetians. They would be just lost, ignorant immortals who don't know why they exist.

So you believe that Aset would allow one of the Elders to Dark Kiss a being that does not worship her? I can't imagine a non-Asetian Asetian... lol How can it be? A being who, lets say, "worships god", to be allowed the Dark Kiss... Oo They would never even deserve the Dark Kiss then.

I mean, when someone is in a state where they are to be allowed the Dark Kiss, in the first place, is because they ARE an Asetianist, most commonly a disciple under the hands of a Master. In the old days when the act of the Dark Kiss was more common, it was given to the ones who are deeply dedicated to Aset, who Love and worship her. Why and how else would any human get the Dark Kiss if they don't worship Aset and live for her?
AnaInDark
AnaInDark
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-09-11

http://www.twitter.com/AnaInDark

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 24.09.09 13:44

We must remember that the Asetians are the Family of Aset, forever bound to her. If they would not have a deep connection with her, they would no longer be Asetians, since they are a part of her. They are created out of her essence alone, as it says in the Asetian Bible, just like the Sethians are deeply and forever connected to Seth, having his own energies and essence. That is what defines each of those two bloodlines, and also what makes them not human. It is not a matter of belief or faith, it goes far deeper than that.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 24.09.09 15:27

That's the idea I was going for Victor. An Asetian need not worship Aset directly, I think is more accurate of what I was trying to say. The Asetian Bible does, after all, say that the Gods can be interpreted in many ways. Aset would be less of a deity to be worshiped and more of a powerful energy that is to be respected. When one has Aset's blessings, they could, in essence, be vibrating on a compatible frequency with Aset. It is the same principle as Aset being a powerful Goddess who loves her children, just presented in a different fashion. The energies created in both beliefs present the same energetic understanding in the subconscious, I think.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by RudraShiva 24.09.09 15:43

You are just 17 years old Daniel09.....you have a lot of potential man, I completely agree with you.
RudraShiva
RudraShiva
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix 25.09.09 23:34

RudraShiva wrote:
We can only speculate, obviously, but have in mind that Asetianism is about the evolution of your Soul/Self/Will....

I would be greatly honored and humbled if someone would definitively and with the full authority of the Aset Ka inform us what "Asetianism" truly is. At times, I view it as the returning of our Ka's to the essence of Aset.

Yet, as RudraShiva so clearly states, "We can only speculate..."
Phoenix
Phoenix
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix 25.09.09 23:58

Speculatively, I have to side with Lyprith, AnaInDark and Victor. (Daniel and RudraShiva, no offense ever meant.)

It is the Order of Aset Ka. They are called Asetians. We are called Asetiainists. It is not important to me, if conceptually, Aset is Goddess/Mistress of Universal Consciousness, or some other diety.

There was an earlier thread discussing belief versus faith. I cede both belief and faith to the will of Aset, however she defines this to be, as I believe the Asetians also do. Their souls are Her soul. How could it be any other way? When you feel Her touch, you know.
Phoenix
Phoenix
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next