+2
Daniel09
Nebibi
6 posters

Go down

Shen dilemna  Empty Shen dilemna

Post by Nebibi 04.08.10 12:20

Em Hotep,

I have been thinking a lot about the different Shens both primary and secondary, since I want to start working with them in depth and in different ways.

A method I was thinking of using was the use of vibration to stimulate them.
have any of you done this before?
The vibration would come from sound (like music or a mantra).
This sprung up various questions in my mind.
Do all Shens respond to sound/vibration?
how do Shens respond to sound/vibration?
Also would the sound/vibration have to come from the self or could it be an outside source like an instrument?
As I read in the AB about the different Shen I came upon the throat shen...
'It is connected with the Khepri Sacred pillar from the Asetian mysteries...The element for this Shen is sound and vibration' (Marques188).
As you all can see this Shen is associated with the Khepri sacred pillar, which reminds me of the Kheperu Mantra...do you believe there is a special connection between the rythms and vibrations and this Shen? Or do you think any mantra would serve to activate this Shen?
This also leads me to my final question (I am very inquisitive today..hehe ) Do you all think that each lineage would have a particular Shen more developed than the other two?
I would be lead to believe that the Viperines would have a highly developed Crown Shen ' high flow of energy flooding their crown Shen' (Marques108), the Guardians would have a highly developed root Shen, and I am not quite sure about the Concubines, but I find it odd that the scarab would be used to represent the throat Shen...

Please forgive my insatiable curiousity and messy post...but I am heading off to work and had to post this before I forget...I am looking forward to your posts.
Nebibi
Nebibi
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Shen dilemna  Empty Re: Shen dilemna

Post by Daniel09 04.08.10 16:11

I would say... yes
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura 04.08.10 17:06

To which question would you say yes to Dan?

From what I understand Shen centers do respond to sound, mostly by vibrating in sympathy (kind of like strings do I guess......not sure about that one). External sounds do help, but I would consider that coming from the self is better cuz then most of your body (and energy) begin to vibrate at the frequency of the sound in a very natural way.
For the throat Shen I would try vocalizing different notes while meditating and see what effect it has. I think it will be slightly diifferent for each person since each one has a different kind of vibration and a different kind of voice.
Finally I do think that each Lineage has certain Shens that are more open. But I see it more like a tendency amonge the Lineages and not a specific law since each individual, even within a Lineage, has different strengths. Also one can work on different shens deppending on what one wants to do, so even if there is a preexisting tendency one can also train to be good working with the other Shens
Laura
Laura
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 05.08.10 5:54

As far as the last question, your reasons makes sense. Different Lineages might have different overdeveloped Shen centers, which could even be an underlaying cause for the typical attributes of each Lineage. I also agree with Laura that it would most likely be a natural tendency, and not a rule.

As for working with Shens, sound and vibration does affect their energies and rotation cycles. However, I think that a better way to open and tune them would be to use direct energy manipulation along with the usage of vibration (mantra, instrument or music). Although sound can enhance our work with the Shens, there is nothing like the effect of energy working on it.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by godofbattle 06.08.10 15:15

Perhaps Guardians would also have a highly developed sexual shen as well.
godofbattle
godofbattle
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by AndreiaLi 10.08.10 19:14

Yes, they do.
AndreiaLi
AndreiaLi