Temple of Edfu/Deir-el-Bahari

4 posters

Go down

Temple of Edfu/Deir-el-Bahari Empty Temple of Edfu/Deir-el-Bahari

Post by Divine 277 28.02.11 14:07

Good evening.

Looking threw the Kemet book, I notes ed that they have a lot of pictures from the Temple of Edfu, that was dedicated to Horus in the Ptolemaic period between 237 and 57 BCE.
I know that inscriptions on its walls provide important information on language, myth and religion during that time.... hmm...

This puzzled me a bit since it was build in the Greco-Roman period in ancient Egypt and would be almost 3000 years after the rain of The Asetians and Dynasty 0, That would be like us to day still remembering all the details from the Greco-Roman period in ancient Egypt, wouldn't it ?

Also I see some pics from the Deir-el-Bahari that dated from the 11 dynasty that begun approximately 2134 BCE also almost 500 years after the Asetians (the sep tepy ) and in the Djehuty of the Hawk, where the instability and lies begone to change the history from before...

So to my question is: How much of history could then be accurately been past on in that time period (between 5000 BCE and 500 AD ) ?

Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Temple of Edfu/Deir-el-Bahari Empty Re: Temple of Edfu/Deir-el-Bahari

Post by Syrianeh 28.02.11 14:41

Divine:

As far as I know, every temple in Egypt holds many hints -and doors - to the past. The fact that it was built in latter periods does not mean that it does not treasure many of its mysteries and secrets. The Edfu temple dedicated to Horus, as well as the Philae Temple dedicated to Aset were both built around the same time, give or take a century or two. And both are intrinsically connected with the Asetian empire.

Temples were not only places of worship and ceremony. They were also carefully mapped out and built around very specific sites where the energy was such that it worked as a powerful transporter for metaphysical activity, and where other temples had stood in the past. The temple of Philae, for instance, first stood on Elephantine Island, which was believed to be the spot where Osiris was buried. Thus, it was a highly sacred spot. Because of flooding problems it was later transported to a nearby island, but it is still sitting atop one of the most magickal spots in the land of Kemet.

The Temple of Edfu sits no less than on the site that was believed to be the place where Horus resided during the Sep Tepy, that is, his proper home. There was a temple there before, that was probably destroyed or broken down by time. So the "modern" temple was built long after the Aset Ka first reigned over Kemet, but it houses the very essence of their Prince.

This, from an Asetian-related point of view (and of course it is just an assumption from my own observations). If you look at the more mainstream picture, it is a temple that carries on a long-established worship and recalls the ancient myth of Horus' victory over Seth. Such myths are eternal.

The earliest Temples that the Gods and people of the Sep Tepy built and used as their place of worship might very well have been lost in the sands of time. But that reverberates to everything else that is built in those sacred sites. It is in the air, and in every single stone and inscription. How could it not affect the later constructions?
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 28.02.11 14:54

Syrianeh

I know most of what you are saying, Its just that from an archeological point of view the period before Dynasty 0 was mostly built in wood ( from what they have found ) and whit equal influence from Sethinas and Asetians, and later Greeko-Roman, how would we know what is right and what is wrong ... Many things has changed in those years .....
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalia 28.02.11 18:19

Very good post, Syrianeh.

It is important to remember that many temples were built on ancient sacred sites from the Sep Tepy, from Asetian religious temples to important historical places like hallmarks of battles from the Epic Wars and Asetian palaces. The original structures are, without a doubt, lost forever, but their energies may very likely remain hidden behind the structures built on top and able to be interpreted by the ones who still hold the keys to the ancient secrets, as both Asetians and Sethians do.

The Temple of Edfu tells us a tale of battle and victory of the Asetians over the forces of Seth, with its walls singing a hymn of Horus' mighty victory and the devastating defeat of Seth and his minions. Like Syrianeh mentioned, it is very likely that this was once a location where Horus himself has lived. It could have been a palace, a village or just a military outpost. Similar things can be said about the sacred Temple of Philae, of such central importance to the Asetian Empire. It is well known history among Egyptologists how this temple was rebuilt several times across history, making its true origins impossible to trace. To scholars of the Asetian culture, some consider the original place to be the main palace of the Asetians, where the whole island was pure, beautiful and exotic, and its access being granted only to the most loyal of allies; while others believe the place to have been a military outpost, almost like a small city where once a great battle took place. It is a place marked by power and magick, but also by darkness and pain.

But back on Divine's original post. I believe that although the golden age of the Asetian Empire spans back to the Sep Tepy, there were still several periods of Asetian influence and power through the dynasties studied by Egyptologists, even though they are hard to trace and study. Those were confusing periods, where the Asetians alternated power with the Sethians, in a constant struggle for rulership, until the kingdom was finally left for human control, and so it remained until today.

'Natalia'
Natalia
Natalia
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 12.03.11 17:55

Very good information, Syrianeh and Natalia. Thanks.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: