+2
Karnath
Hellen
6 posters

Go down

The Goddess Bast Empty The Goddess Bast

Post by Hellen 19.10.08 14:55

Greetings ,

Many reasons made me want to search for more knowledge about Bast ,one of the oldest Egyptian deities ,many times mentioned in the Ancient texts .I am sure that all of us know Bast as royal protectress in the Pyramid Texts , protectress of Egypt , solar and warrior goddess many times depicted as fierce lioness and cat , the Lady of Bubastis

But few know Bast as in another thread Maktub stated:

"It is well known for Bast to have been an important Asetian and deeply related with the lost history of the Aset Ka. Her position in the Old Empire is not fully known by researchers of Asetianism, but there are several clues, hints and pieces that have been put together along the time. "

I started this thread in the hope to clarify how is Bast related to Asetians and where is Bast situated according to the Asetian Tree of Life even if it will be from pieces and clues .
I think sharing could be a good way to find or validate answers .

Regards

Hellen
Hellen
Hellen
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

The Goddess Bast Empty Re: The Goddess Bast

Post by Karnath 19.10.08 16:38

Em Hotep, Hellen.

The number of theories I have made on this subject, along with another friend, is critically big.

"It is well known for Bast to have been an important Asetian and deeply
related with the lost history of the Aset Ka. Her position in the Old
Empire is not fully known by researchers of Asetianism, but there are
several clues, hints and pieces that have been put together along the
time."

Maktub talked about clues, hints and pieces. For Asetianism researchers, I believe this is mostly needed as evidence for the theories that have been made. One of my theories involved Bastet being one of the sisters of Horus.

I guess this might open the appetite for some of the users. Later I'll try to give some evidence. This will not only buy me time (because I'm really with no time at the moment), but will also make people post their own theories and ideas.

Best regards,
Karnath.
Karnath
Karnath
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 19.10.08 16:52

Interesting subject. I must comment that I have no knowledge on the topic, when it comes to the connections between Bast and the Aset Ka, but I am mostly interested in hearing the opinions of the people that are more aware of it in this forum. Thank you. Wink

Jonathan
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Saylamine 19.10.08 17:45

I was thinking of the same question concerning the Goddess Bast, and with Hathor as well.
Saylamine
Saylamine
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 19.10.08 18:18

I personally believe both, Bast and Hathor, to have been renown Asetians in the Sep Tepy. Particularly Bast, such a dominant and yet protective figure, is clearly a perfect representation of the Guardian/Scorpion lineage. However I don't particularly see any of them as Primordials, I believe it will be quite hard to trace back the other 2 Primordials besides Horus, going so far back into the beginning of the Sep Tepy. But I can easily see Bast as an important member of the Asetian nobility, probably even a higher general of the Asetian Army, and therefore her connection with war as well. Also, she is always seen as a mighty protector of the Pharaoh, which gives us a very direct clue of her connection with Viperines, and most of all, her dedication to protect at all costs the ruling Viperine.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Saylamine 07.11.08 13:24

Another curiosity came to mind as far as the Godess Serqet, the scorpion Goddess. How would Serqet possibly fit into Asetian cosmology?
Saylamine
Saylamine
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Maktub 07.11.08 13:39

Saylamine wrote:Another curiosity came to mind as far as the Godess Serqet, the scorpion Goddess. How would Serqet possibly fit into Asetian cosmology?
This is lightly addressed within the Asetian Bible. Serket was the leader of the Imperial Guard and one of the most remarkable warriors of the Asetian Empire. However, she was not an Asetian, but a daemon. If this daemon was or not created by Aset, it is unclear at this point, for those of us that do Asetian research outside of the Order.

Maktub
Maktub
Maktub
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Saylamine 07.11.08 14:20

Thanks Maktub. I think I need to re-read the Asetian Bible...
Saylamine
Saylamine
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: