Meditation II

4 posters

Go down

Meditation II Empty Meditation II

Post by Maxx 03.05.12 13:29

There are many good answers regarding meditation if one will use the search site for that topic.

But an answer by DCxMagus made me think that there are many here with vast experience that could give instruction on proper methods of meditation and be a help source for many that come through this site.

A statement by Robert Bruce (astral projection) made me think we might talk a little about meditation here....He said...."why should a person spend hours trying to get answers on some question by making the mind absolute blank? One wants an answer to their question so how is taking the mind into a blank state going to help.....he saids go into the astral to find the answer."

We would want to define what meditation is...what it does for the person.....some of the techniques (there are many) and how each of us practice this subject. So many books are written about it but let us all here use this posting to be an instructional help and get rid of all the fluff and use this to help others.

Please divide into three groups...(unless you have additional topics to list).

1. meditation......2. guided meditation.......3. group meditation.

Take any number (or include all three) and explain the topic as best you wish keeping in mind one would use this information to pursue meditation for their benefit as well as others.

We look forward to all of your comments ..... and then this can be a springboard to let the readers choose their method of choice. I know we all will learn from each other.

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Meditation II Empty Re: Meditation II

Post by Daniel09 03.05.12 16:34

For me, meditation as far as clearing the mind is concerned is just to get the brainwaves to the proper frequency for magickal thinking. Of course, I prefer active meditation as opposed to passive, so it comes naturally to meditate on the go.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 03.05.12 17:17

You are one that explains all issues very well and very clear. Please tell them what you mean by going into the correct frequency....like mhz. etc. with the brain waves.

Upon reaching that state where the mind is clear for you.....what then are you looking for...or what are you expecting? Since you are not passive, as you say, what are you looking for to turn your session into a success?

I tune my sessions into a very active experience, as for myself.....I use and combine several different methods and it all turns into happiness when I am able to get to this.

Just heard this morning in an interview where one individual will try to meditate each morning 24 minutes....(one minute for each of his hours in the day). He will also use a mantra or sound for the special purpose that he is seeking in the meditation.....like health, joy, peace, problems, etc.

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 03.05.12 18:26

Meditation for me is something to take care. People are used to see meditation as a bed of roses and only good things happens. Meditation is not just for relaxation, is to know us better, to be more aware and more important thing to be with the ears cleaned. Some careful with meditation is needed, can be both.. powerful and destructive. I can give you an example of a person with a very strong ego, possibly in meditation he is listening their ego with more clearly and can become a strong fundamentalist. I only see results in meditation for those who are humble, for all other meditation is just an illusion and can deceive anyone. Reflection perhaps is the key to do a good job in meditation. Anyway, many times we have many problems to connect ourself to our Higher-Self and meeting our inner guide can help alot. We can call our inner guide as counselour or friend or master or even a spirit guide, depend of each person, there is different forms of manifestation where this guide comes to us in a human form with a great share-information/advises to follow.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 03.05.12 19:15

May I try and clarify what you are saying due to the language translation?

You state you find that approaching meditation in a humble attitude will do wonders for us, rather than approaching it in any other attitude.

And you find that seeking the help of a higher spiritual being while within your meditative state is of prime importance to you, and is one of the major elements you are looking for in your efforts of meditation. This is an excellent way of approaching it. Thank you for pointing that out.

I know that I will make sure I remember that before I begin my next session.

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DCxMagus 03.05.12 23:29

There is a vast difference between those that are learning to meditate and those that can meditate. The meditation(s) I referred to in the response you are referring too is to teach someone the basics of meditation and how to get into the correct mindset. It is almost useless to a trained individual that can enter a state of gnosis and has began a true journey to evolve ones True Self.

Void Meditation as I've heard it called is where you practice to completely blank your mind, this is a great training tool because the number one "enemy" of those just starting on meditation is stray thoughts. Once you can hold your mind empty and have the discipline to control the conscious mind in that way it really is no longer needed.

The candle meditation is then used after, or in conjunction, in order to then develop focus of mind and is actually part of a larger energy working system where you begin to influence and in later stages control the flame to your desire and will.

I agree in the statement made that it seems silly to blank your mind if your meditating in order to find an answer, but someone who is just starting with meditation and/or energy work will have a very hard time just jumping into that type of working because they don't have the discipline to actively control the conscious mind in a way in order to make true meditation like this useful to them.

DCxMagus
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 04.05.12 1:26

Maxx, Thank you for helping me to share my point of view. Very appreciated.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 04.05.12 5:15

DCxMagus......a good step by step procedure. Gives one starting meditation a simple method to overview the progress over time.

Stalker.....you are welcome....keep it coming.

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 04.05.12 12:35

Well, if there are no magickal workings I am interested in at the moment of meditation, then I simply use it to dissolve away my headaches and remove stress. That comes part-in-parcel with the relaxation aspect, but also, it slows down the mind in order to allow it to see what is really happening around it.

Are you stressed because everything is bad? Or are you stressed because you haven't looked at your situation and determined all the possible outcomes?

I mostly use meditation to be aware of everything that is happening. I don't like to ignore my world, my body, or my mind. This is why I get a lot of pleasure out of determining all of the physiological and mental effects that drugs and alcohol have. I have my own preferences, for sure, but I get tired of the general descriptions, and I want to have a detailed report on the effects it has.

When I meditate, I usually close my eyes, sometimes for just a moment, and then I stop all thoughts for a short moment. The immediate effect is that energy becomes apparent. I can feel and move it throughout my body and in the air. The primary reason that people tend to keep their eyes closed during meditation is because of the distractions that visual inputs cause. Audio and sensory inputs also do this, so that is why a quiet room is suggested for use. Me, I imagine myself within my mind entering a quiet, perfect place. All the distractions around me might as well not even be there.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: