The Sacred Egyptian Lotus

2 posters

Go down

The Sacred Egyptian Lotus Empty The Sacred Egyptian Lotus

Post by Asmodius 27.10.12 9:01

I have been using an Egyptian species of lotus for some time now, known as blue lotus and was wondering what everyones stance on it was from this forum, or if anyone has tried it at all. For those that do not know what it is, it is a plant apparently revered by the Egyptian culture, and was depicted being used in rituals and everyday lifestyles. It is known for its mild relaxational effect and is linked to the worship of the sun. I have been using this in junction with the occasional meditation and I have found it to be quite beneficial.

Em Hotep,
Asmodius
Asmodius
Asmodius
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-10-24

Back to top Go down

The Sacred Egyptian Lotus Empty Lotus

Post by Divine 277 27.10.12 17:25

Salam.

I just have to ask:
*are you "sniffing" the blue lotus son ? ( this was a tired excuse for a joke Wink ) but still I am actually asking Smile

From joke to kinda sirius.

The lotus has a very interesting history, as it was used in both symbology, religion, spirituality ( different places ) energy work , sexology and Herbalism...

As a herb it was believed used in egyptian harems as an aphrodisiac, it has also been used in spiritual development as it is said to be the divine essence ...

However Its not only the blue lotus as a herb or other that has an interesting history/ usage around it Smile

Lotuses are found more or less all over the world, and are fascinating flowers Smile

I my self have not "sniffed " the blue lotus, however I do drink lotus tea, and I think it has a soothing effect Smile

Do you grow them your self ? ( if so I would love to hear on some tips Smile ) I have been thinking of trying to grow some... cause that mite be challenging.

I am glad you brought up the subject Smile

Sincerely Divine 277
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

The Sacred Egyptian Lotus Empty Re: The Sacred Egyptian Lotus

Post by Asmodius 28.10.12 5:44

Glad to see someone who has encountered it before. I usually have it as tea, but if I have to I will smoke it. Have not sniffed it before, as I usually get it in a dried form so I have not tried growing it myself, but from what I can tell it is not that expensive to get the seeds necessary to grow it an would love to do this one day when I am in a better position to do so. Have you ever used it in junction with meditation? And if so what was it like for you?

Em Hotep
Asmodius
Asmodius
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 28.10.12 12:23

Salam.

Yes I have used it when doing rituals and mediation, it helps my body relax...

May I ask if its pure lotus tea you are drinking ?

Sincerely Divine 277
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Asmodius 28.10.12 14:54

Yeah, its pure, I never mix teas together as it ruins the essence of each one I believe, but that's just my opinion. Why do you ask?

For some reason I thought that its use would be quite popular within this community, thats why I originally started this thread. Was going to see if people believed that using it in juncture with energy work was considered 'cheating', even though it is of quite a mild nature. Also I was wondering if anyone uses anything similar or can tell me anything more specific about the use of blue lotus in Egyptian tradition as the information regarding its use seems quite broad. I would also like to suggest that people who haven't tried it to give it a go if they feel like entertaining the idea, especially those finding it hard to sense energy or get into a meditative state. Since it has Egyptian roots, it may even help to bring up past life memories associated with it, but in saying this, I don't know much about the subject, merely speculating.

In saying all this, may I ask if you know of any other helpful herbs Divine? I've heard damiana is also quite helpful in bringing on a relaxed state.

Em Hotep,
Asmodius
Asmodius
Asmodius
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 28.10.12 15:28

The reason I asked was because I usually mix my own tea, and use different blends for different things Smile

When you say helpful herbs to relax, what do you mean, like you have herbs that relax the body and you have herbs that relax the mind ? well if your talking about body relaxation, you can use a blend of cinnamon, mugwort , chamomile, with a dash of honey and milk, salvia is also relaxing ... ( also a good sleeping tea ) .

Damiana, Isn't that used to stimulate the libido ? if so are we talking tantric meditation here ?

I have some books that mentions the usage of the lotus in ancient Egypt, if thats interesting.

Sincerely Divine 277

Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Asmodius 28.10.12 15:52

Thanks for the advice Divine. Yes, damiana can be used as an aphrodisiac in higher does, but at smaller doses it has a similar effect to blue lotus, I haven't tried mixing them but if I ever do decide to mix, it would be these two. I'm not sure about tantric meditation as I have never really looked into it yet, just focusing on the basics again such as energy manipulation and aura work at the moment. And yeah, I would be very interested in those books actually Smile what are they called? Would just like to thank you again for the thoughtful responses

Em Hotep,
Asmodius
Asmodius
Asmodius
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 28.10.12 16:32

Its getting a bit late here, but I will find the names of them tomorrow ...
good night for now Smile

No need to thank me, when it comes to things like this, I love to have conversations about it Smile

So thank you Smile

Sincerely Divine 277
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Asmodius 28.10.12 17:38

Thats good then, sweet dreams Smile

Em Hotep,
Asmodius
Asmodius
Asmodius
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 29.10.12 9:27

Salam

lotus form the book signs and symbols :

The long winding stem of the lotus represents the unbreakable cord that binds man to his roots.
The Flower represents human potential.

In hindu .
The sun and creation.
one of the most widespread symbols in Indian culture,, the lotus represent the sun and creation, purity and perfection. It is often featured in Indian architecture and sculpture.

In the hindu creation myth Brahma, the creator emerges on a a thousand- petalled lotus from the navel of the god Vihnu who sleeps upon the milky ocean and creates the universe afresh.

The sun god Surya , is depicted holding two open lotus flowers, symbolizing enlightenment.

the lotus is often showed decorating the temple walls, the lotus flower bestowed good fortune to all who enter the temple.

The lotus represents the earth and the cosmic ocean .

Buddhist Philosophy :

the muddy waters from which the plant grows represents the ignorance and the wearisome round of both and rebirth ( samsara ) , while the stem of the plant , lifting the lotus above the waters symbolizes the core.

Egyptian :

Birth and re birth.
the lotus was associated with the god Nefertem and the sun god Ra/ Re ( what ever you prefer … ) ( I believe most have read the myth about the creation in egyptian myth, so Im not going to post that )

Christianity :
the lotus was also a emblem of the early Christian church.

This was I tiny bit of what is written in this book about the lotus.

In the book of symbols it is written about 3 pages of the topic …

In the book secret sexuality Ancient Egyptian Tantric yoga … It is also mentioned

I wish I could find the last book but it seems like I have misplaced it somewhere, however I did watch a documentary about the effects of the egyptian lotus a while a go, I will post that as well Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulUKwI2aW7o

Hope this was a bit helpful Smile

Sincerely Divine 277
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Asmodius 29.10.12 16:08

Much appreciated Divine. Although I was aware of the symbolism associated with the cultures involving the lotus but I was not aware that the Egyptians had a form of tantra. I will have to check out that book sometime if I can find a cheap copy, as it seems quite interesting. Good documentary too! It seems as though there isn't any specific information about Egyptian practices involving lotus, rather fragments of information, but it is something that really fascinates me. Thanks again Smile

Em Hotep,
Asmodius
Asmodius
Asmodius
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content