Theory regarding the identity of Luis Marques?

+12
8lou1
Antonio
Lightseeker
Jonathan
Eni Alihm
BellBook&Candle
Kalb
Divine 277
sungodaurora
Sinata Anika Asti
Victor
N.Augusta
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Theory regarding the identity of Luis Marques? Empty Theory regarding the identity of Luis Marques?

Post by Lightseeker 25.04.13 6:16

Someone just told me about a very interesting theory about who Luis Marques might be. To me it is obvious that "Luis Marques" is most probably a pseudonym of an author who does not want his true identity to become known. Also, to the best of my knowledge and research, no pictures of Luis Marques exist, so noone knows what he really looks like.

A friend of mine who is deeply rooted in the Asetian tradition has now voiced the following interesting hypothesis regarding his true identity which I would like to share with you. According to her, the "real" author of the Asetian Bible may very well be the famous Brasilian-Portugese author and occultist Paulo Coelho (best known for his bestseller "The Alchemist"). Reasons she stated for this assumption are as follows:

1.) Both Luis Marques and Paulo Coelho's books are originally published in Portugal (where Paulo resides a lot).
2.) The style of the AB and also of Luis' tweets is somewhat similar to that of Coelho.
3.) In 1986, the then unknown author Coelho published a rather obsucre book titeled "O Manual PrĂ¡tico do Vampirismo" which deals with the subject of vampirism and in the 1980s, Coelho also held lectures in Brazil and Portugal on the subject of vampirism, also speaking of its origins in Ancient Egypt.

I am not saying that I necessarily bellieve this theory to be true but I think it does give some food for thought, especially for me, because I am a big fan of Coelho's work. Your opinions on this would be much appreciated.
Lightseeker
Lightseeker
Banned

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Theory regarding the identity of Luis Marques? Empty Re: Theory regarding the identity of Luis Marques?

Post by Kalb 25.04.13 7:31

Greetings,

Lightseeker: The literature of Mr. Paulo Coelho does not change, is almost identical, if you tell me that Mr. Paulo Coelho has written much like Carlos Castaneda, we can agree with that. Mr. Luis Marques is an International author recognized for their valuable occult work, an alchemist of words and a powerful person. As explained on Book of Orion, His choice in staying hidden is explained in details... Now, it is also true that in his Twitter account Mr. Luis Marques has mentioned quotes from Mr. Paulo Coelho, and this just demonstrates the ability of someone who does not copy the work of others, but, giving the credit to him and others. The philosophies of both authors are completely different, who compared both have no common sense and no intellectual sensibility.

About your assumption...

1. Fake. I bet with you that no other author published their works inside of Aset Ka Order to the public.

2. Fake. As clarified in my point of view above. It has nothing to do. One is about personal motivation, the other is about Evolution (Asetian Bible).

3. I've heard of this book, but I confess I've never read. But, with that, Mr. Paulo Coelho has shown that is a person with some knowledge and it is possible that he have heard rumors that vampires have borned in Ancient Egypt.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Theory regarding the identity of Luis Marques? Empty Re: Theory regarding the identity of Luis Marques?

Post by Jonathan 25.04.13 7:42

I can understand the theory but I don't believe it to be true. It may be possible for them to know eachother but I don't think they are the same person. Luis Marques is Portuguese, which means he is European, while Paulo Coelho is Brazilian, natural of latin America. Secondly, following the work of both authors myself and their internet presence, being Paulo's much more reachable in blogs and such, it seems to me quite clear that Marques' has much greater linguistic skills with the English language than Coelho. Coelho's works in English are professionally translated by third parties from his originals in Portuguese and when he writes in English there are often weird grammar issues, while Marques writes his books primarily in English and uses no translators.
Also Marques breathes passion for Ancient Egypt and his profound wisdom over such mysteries in all of his works and even the small contributions on twitter while Coelho rarely shows any such passion, being more interested in the popular side of occult practices that Marques has detached himself from in every work he published.
Either way Lightseeker's theory is not absurd as he explained some points that could make us question and while I don't believe in it I still find it an interesting idea worth sharing.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightseeker 25.04.13 12:09

I would not necessarily agree with the assumption that all of Coelho's works are the same. I feel that he covers a wide variety of topics and occult ideas, raging from mysticism to magic to the knights templar legend et al.

I also strongly believe that Coelho's books (especially the book about the Santiago pilgrimage) are also - on a very deep level - about evolution and alchemical transformation in the sense of attaining mastership of the own self, an idea also expounded in the Asetian Bible, albeit from a different perspective.

Also, it is a documented fact that Coelho came in contact with a number of different occult teachings and approaches during his years of spiritual formation and that he was also a member ("Probationer") in the O.T.O. under the lineage of Marcello Motta. As such, he is familiar with the philosophy of Aleister Crowley and the concept of his Magick. The AB, in my opinion, also has a lot of parallels to Thelema, although it presents a lot of Crowley's ideas in a more refined and benevolent, less aggressive manner than Crowley himself or someone like Motta did.

I notice the same in Coelho's books: While he distances himself from the more "sinister" aspects of Crowley, he still emphasises the fact that it is up to every individual to evolve and follow his or her individual spiritual path, a point that is also made strong in the AB.

Moreover, his concept of hidden spiritual orders (of which the R.A.M. he mentions is supposedly one) echoes the thoughts voiced in the Asetian literature regarding the Aset Ka and the ROS. Also, in a recent interview, Coelho stated that "he works with different spiritual concepts in order to reach as many seekers as possible". This can be seen very clearly in his latest book.

Given the fact that he is also somewhat of an expert on the field of vampirism, I find it plausible to think that he might have wanted to explore this spiritual path further but did not want to publish such a "dark" book under his own name. Regarding the language issue that Jonathan pointed out, I have compared the writing style of the English "Manual for the Warrior of Light" with the AB and I do find similarities in the style although I agree with the comment regarding the linguistic skills after looking at a few of Coelho's blogs.

As a conclusion I would think that even if Luis Marques and Paulo Coelho are not the same person (which I regard only as an interesting theory), it is safe to assume that the two know each other and that there is indeed some kind of connection between Coelho and the Aset Ka, whatever that connection may be in detail.
Lightseeker
Lightseeker
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 25.04.13 14:02

I'm not sure if I agree that the Asetian teachings as examined in the works published by Marques are exactly more benevolent than Crowley's. I can see the point when you mean that they have more refinement, particularly in a spiritual and metaphysical way, but if you look without the poetic allure behind it they can be quite more dangerous in my opinion. I don't mean negative or evil, but dangerous yes.

It was stated before by others that Luis Marques is his real name and not an alias or pen name, but no one really knows. It's possible, remember how he explains in his Book of Orion the power of mysteries hidden in plain sight.
Anyways it's not that important as a name is just a name and it doesn't matter much under what name is he known in human society. What does matter as every Egyptian would tell you is his soul name, and that one I doubt anyone knows although many speculate about it.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 25.04.13 14:36

Mr. Luis Marques does not need pseudonyms. He is very mature and honest in what he does and says. People get annoyed by that secrecy exists, is normal. It is normal also compare literature and ideas trying to get a logical game, immature, and that might make sense in their/yours fantasies. I do not have the patience of Jonathan... So, Mr. Luis Marques has my respect for all their work and that is enough.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 25.04.13 15:26

I see no point in discussing this ...
I see no point in trying to find the House Of The Aset Ka ...

That is irrelevant to me when reading the books ...

Im not saying I never was curious , cause thats exactly what I am ... . Always ( with most things hidden ) ... however thats not the purpose of the books ...

At least not for me, as I can only speak for my self.

Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 25.04.13 15:45

Lightseeker, Some months back, did you not tell us before that your "friend" is an Asetian, and that she knows and has been around Mr. Marques'? So, then why is she giving you hypothetical theories to ponder on, when she knows him? Wink
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 25.04.13 16:09

Honestly, it makes no difference who he is. Who he is.... is none of our concern and respecting his desire for privacy is what matters most. What he is though, is a beautiful powerful Soul who has shared much with us, changed lives, and left a mark. Smile

These sorts of hypothetical possibilities, while interesting, honestly do not lead to growth.
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightseeker 26.04.13 1:35

Some months back, did you not tell us before that your "friend" is an Asetian, and that she knows and has been around Mr. Marques'? So, then why is she giving you hypothetical theories to ponder on, when she knows him?

Very good point, N. Augusta. I asked her that as well. She doesn't really know him personally, she just claims to have attended a gathering at which he also was present.

She said though that he (and some others) wore a hooded robe or a mask to conceal their identity. This doesn't sound too far fetched to me because it is customary practice in quite a few secret societies and orders in which the members are only known by their "magickal" name they receive during their initiation but not by their real name they carry in the outside world.
Lightseeker
Lightseeker
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightseeker 26.04.13 1:39

@ Kalb:
Mr. Luis Marques does not need pseudonyms.

"Marques" means as much as "prince" or "count" and is obviously a title denoting his role within the Asetian hierarchy, and not a surname, at least in my opinion.

Lightseeker
Lightseeker
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 26.04.13 5:59

Lightseeker wrote:
"Marques" means as much as "prince" or "count" and is obviously a title denoting his role within the Asetian hierarchy, and not a surname, at least in my opinion.

I was told that Marques actually is a registered surname in Portugal with a very old family history, so it could have nothing to do with hierarchy. However I have seen different people referring to Luis Marques as "Prince" so there may be some truth to that background but I never noticed him making public use of any kind of title.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 26.04.13 16:11

Both successful writers but they are not the same individual. Very different energy.
Paulo Coelho draws inspiration from the writings of Master Luis Marques but their teachings are genuinely different. There are many examples of such inspiration but I will share in here one that I have seen referenced on another network by British occultist Dawn Lilian, a respected and somewhat mysterious member of the community known for having connections within the Aset Ka:

"Words are more dangerous than swords and guns. They reach further and hurt deeper."
-Luis Marques, 2009

"Words are more powerful than swords."
-Paulo Coelho, 2013 (Manuscript found in Accra)

Luis Marques is also much younger than Paulo Coelho, don't let the word Master deceive you. He undoubtedly has much wisdom for his youth, almost impossibly too much, which is an added reason why older established occultists concerned with reputation and public opinion have feared him in the past. An added reason why the publishing of his Asetian Bible was undermined on several occasions as it's well known in the community. To their surprise, he turned his back to fame and recognition, which became a hallmark of his magickal legacy and teachings.
The age of the soul is an entirely different thing than that of the body...

I agree with what is being said that it matters not who he is. If he wants to be found, he will be. If he doesn't, he will not.
As N.Augusta pointed out, he is a beautiful powerful Soul, that is all that matters and that seems to be enough to all who loyally follow his work. You don't need faces or names when you can see a Soul.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinata Anika Asti 28.04.13 21:49

"You don't need faces or names when you can see a Soul" - Victor

That is true, and deep on many levels...I love that statement...
Sinata Anika Asti
Sinata Anika Asti
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightseeker 29.04.13 2:50

@Victor:

Luis Marques is also much younger than Paulo Coelho

I'd be curious as to how you know this? I am not aware of him hinting at his age anywhere but perhaps I missed it.
Lightseeker
Lightseeker
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by sungodaurora 29.04.13 11:53

Divine 277 wrote:I see no point in discussing this ...
I see no point in trying to find the House Of The Aset Ka ...

That is irrelevant to me when reading the books ...

Im not saying I never was curious , cause thats exactly what I am ... . Always ( with most things hidden ) ... however thats not the purpose of the books ...

At least not for me, as I can only speak for my self.

Indeed.... Wink
sungodaurora
sungodaurora
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by BellBook&Candle 13.05.13 15:31

Have any of you ever considered the possibility that Luis Marques is a woman?
I have a strong feeling that she is.
BellBook&Candle
BellBook&Candle
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2013-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Eni Alihm 13.05.13 16:29

BellBook&Candle wrote:Have any of you ever considered the possibility that Luis Marques is a woman?
I have a strong feeling that she is.
Lidia Cyn perhaps?
Eni Alihm
Eni Alihm
Banned

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 14.05.13 13:17

OoooooooooooKAY------ > How did you @bellbook&Candle and Eni Alihm come to that conclusion ?
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by BellBook&Candle 14.05.13 13:36

I wouldn't go as far to say it's a conclusion . .just a little inkling I have. I'm surprised that no one here seems to have considered it before.
BellBook&Candle
BellBook&Candle
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 14.05.13 14:08

BellBook&Candle wrote:I wouldn't go as far to say it's a conclusion . .just a little inkling I have. I'm surprised that no one here seems to have considered it before.

could you try to explain your Suspicions ?
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 14.05.13 14:29

BellBook&Candle & Eni Alihm: Meaningless!

I have no patience for children. Someone here can patiently explain to the new users how see the difference between talk with information and talk using imagination?
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by BellBook&Candle 14.05.13 14:38

You seem a little irritated Kalb. I cant for the life of me think why . .
I don't feel that I particularly have to explain (at this point anyway) why I have an inkling about Luis Marques being a woman. I was really just wondering if anyone else had considered the possibility. Apparently the answer so far is no.
BellBook&Candle
BellBook&Candle
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Eni Alihm 14.05.13 21:11

Yes Kalb, Kalm down . . .

I based my opinion on an email letter from the 'supposed' legal department of the Aset Ka, signed by one "Lidia Cyn" . . .
Eni Alihm
Eni Alihm
Banned

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightseeker 16.05.13 11:03

No, Luis Marques is not a woman. And yes, I can say that much with certainity.
Lightseeker
Lightseeker
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next