Numerology

4 posters

Go down

Numerology Empty Numerology

Post by Troublemaker 26.12.13 23:25

Does anyone here follow/believe in the validity of numerology? Apparently I have a master number... not entirely sure what this means yet but I'm continuing to research it. My report was weirdly accurate and when I calculate other's numbers, the reports seem to reflect their personalities well.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Numerology Empty Re: Numerology

Post by Konrad Curze 27.12.13 2:35

What's my number Smile
Konrad Curze
Konrad Curze
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 27.12.13 2:54

I think you need a full birth date to calculate the number, which would be highly personal information to ask of anyone. lol. I showed other people the descriptions of what their life paths were according to numerology, and many of them agreed that they were pretty accurate though. The whole topic is extremely interesting.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 27.12.13 5:03

Some information from wikipedia :Number definitions[edit]
There are no set definitions for the meaning of specific digits, and interpretations of the meaning of digits and their orders vary throughout different cultures and schools of numerology. Common interpretations include:[10][11]
Individual; aggressor; self; leadership yang
Balance; union; receptive; partnership yin
Communication/interaction
Creation
Action; restlessness; life experience
Home/family; responsibility; artistic in nature
Thought/consciousness; spirit
Power/sacrifice
Highest level of changes
Some numerologists analyze double-digit numbers as well, from 10 to 99. These numbers (e.g., 11, 22, 33,...) are commonly referred to as "master numbers" (Buess, 2005). This study of numerology is based on the evidence of significant double-digit numbers in the Kabbalah, the I-ching, the Pythagorean numerology, the Tarot Arcana of the Eastern faiths, and the Runes of the Viking age. Various authors of numerology books determine various meanings for each number, from 0 to 9 and from 10 to 99.[1][12]
Of relevance to numerical interpretations is arithmancy, which refers to a group of techniques involving the manipulation of numbers in order to determine meaning.[13]
Alphabetic systems[edit]
There are many numerology systems which assign numerical value to the letters of an alphabet. Examples include the Abjad numerals in Arabic, the Hebrew numerals, Armenian numerals, and Greek numerals. The practice within Jewish tradition of assigning mystical meaning to words based on their numerical values, and on connections between words of equal value, is known as gematria.
For example, numbers are assigned to letters as follows:
1 = a, j, s,
2 = b, k, t,
3 = c, l, u,
4 = d, m, v,
5 = e, n, w,
6 = f, o, x,
7 = g, p, y,
8 = h, q, z,
9 = i, r,
.....and then summed. Examples:
3,489 → 3 + 4 + 8 + 9 = 24 → 2 + 4 = 6
Hello → 8 + 5 + 3 + 3 + 6 = 25 → 2 + 5 = 7
A quicker way to arrive at a single-digit summation (the digital root) is simply to take the value modulo 9, substituting a 0 result with 9 itself.
Different methods of calculation exist, including Chaldean, Pythagorean, Hebraic, Helyn Hitchcock's method, Phonetic, Japanese, Arabic and Indian.
The examples above are calculated using decimal (base 10) arithmetic. Other number systems exist, such as binary, octal, hexadecimal and vigesimal; summing digits in these bases yields different results. The first example, shown above, appears thus when rendered in octal (base Cool:
3,48910 = 66418 → 6 + 6 + 4 + 1 = 218 → 2 + 1 = 38 = 310
South Indian System[edit]
In South India, mostly Tamil Nadu and Karnataka the numbers assigned to
1 = A, I, J,Q,Y
2 = B, K, R
3 = C, G, L, S
4 = D, M, T
5 = E, H, N, X
6 = U, V, W
7 = O, Z
8 = F, P
There is no assignment for the number 9. Numerologists analyze single-digit to double-digit numbers from 1 to 129.
Abjad system[edit]
The Arabic system of numerology is known as Abjad notation or Abjad numerals. In this system each letter of Arabic alphabet has a numerical value. This system is mother of ilm-ul-cipher (Science of Cipher), and ilm-ul-huroof (Science of Alphabet Letters)...as shown below : ( أبجدهوز حطي كلمن سعف صقر شتث خذضظغ)
أ=1
ب=2
ج=3
د=4
ه=5
و=6
ز=7
ح=8
ط=9
ي=10
ك=20
ل=30
م=40
ن=50
س=60
ع=70
ف=80
ص=90
ق=100
ر=200
ش=300
ت=400
ث=500
خ=600
ذ=700
ض=800
ظ=900
غ=1000
Chinese numerology
Cantonese frequently associate numbers with the following connotations (based on its sound), which may differ in other Chinese languages:
一 [jɐ́t]  – sure
二 [ji̭ː]  – easy 易 [ji̭ː]
三 [sáːm]  – live 生 [sáːŋ] but it can also be seen as a halved eight when using Arabic numerals (3) (Cool and so considered unlucky.
四 [sēi]  – considered unlucky since 4 is a homophone with the word for death or suffering 死 [sěi], yet in the Shanghainese, it is a homophone of water (水)and is considered lucky since water is associated with money.
五 [ŋ̬]  – the self, me, myself 吾 [ŋ̭], nothing, never 唔 [ŋ, m][need tone] in the Shanghainese, it is a homophone of fish (鱼)
六 [lùːk]  – easy and smooth, all the way
七 [tsʰɐ́t]  – a slang/vulgar word in Cantonese.
八 [pāːt]  – sudden fortune, prosperity 發 [fāːt]
九 [kɐ̌u]  – long in time 久 [kɐ̌u], enough 夠 [kɐ̄u] or a slang/vulgar word derived from dog 狗 [kɐ̌u] in Cantonese
Some "lucky number" combinations include:
99 – doubly long in time, hence eternal; used in the name of a popular Chinese American supermarket chain, 99 Ranch Market.
168 – many premium-pay telephone numbers in China begin with this number, which is considered lucky. It is also the name of a motel chain in China (Motel 168).
888 – Three times the prosperity, means "wealthy wealthy wealthy".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numerology

the second link is a basic description of hebrew numerology.
http://www.numerology-astrology-palmistry.com/Kabbalah_numerology.html
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 27.12.13 15:02

Thank you for the information! Smile
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 27.12.13 21:01

Glynis McCants....."Glynis Has Your Number" is a real simple book that gives some good elementary information and how to use it. I use it myself.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 27.12.13 23:04

Thank you Maxx, I will definitely give it a try
Troublemaker
Troublemaker