+3
Jonathan
Maxx
Steven_Dark
7 posters

Go down

Just sayin' Hi.  Empty Just sayin' Hi.

Post by Steven_Dark 26.04.14 8:08

Well I'm pleased my account is now activated and I'm just stopping by to say hello, good evening and welcome ...

I'll add a breif bio / details later ... if I must.

"Embrace the Darkness"
Steven_Dark
Steven_Dark
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2014-04-25

http://darkarts.de.vu

Back to top Go down

Just sayin' Hi.  Empty Re: Just sayin' Hi.

Post by Maxx 26.04.14 8:19

Good evening to you.  Welcome.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Dark 26.04.14 8:49

Thx & Hi.
Steven_Dark
Steven_Dark
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 26.04.14 8:53

Welcome to the community. Yes an honest intro would be good.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 26.04.14 9:08

hello and welcome Smile
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Dark 26.04.14 9:57

Well, what can I say by way of introduction?

Having scouted around the many topics on the forums here before joining, I have to say that my philosophy / path embraces many of the principles discussed. I would add that generally I am not a 'joiner', of clubs, groups, organisations, societies and the like as I have found this to be limiting. More of an eclectic Maverick. That said, I joined here because I was pleasantly surprised by the maturity of outlook here that is in direct contrast to the majority of alt/vamp/goth communities that usually turn out to be vents for disaffected, immature and adolescent Manson/metal head types.

Need I state the blisteringly obvious that I am a Luciferian and with regard to that I feel obliged to point out that I consider Lucifer and satan to be quite distinct. The title of satan is of biblical origin and the identification of satan/Lucifer/Devil is, I believe, a biblical to medieaval christian heresy. Lucifer has a much more ancient lineage through the Greek Venus right back to the Mesopotamian godess Ishtar/Astoreth/Astaroth. It may be a radical opinion but Lucifer is female, Queen of heaven and bringer of light of whom Isis/Aset is a later incarnation (oops ... does that put that the metaphorical cat among the allegorical pigeons? lol)

With regard to magick and metaphysics I have for a long time shed the need for the traditional physical trappings of ritual, although I still find them aesthetically pleasing.

Am I Asetian? If I was, I woud know. Make of that what you will. All I will say is that despite the secular limits of the physical vehicle I currently inhabit, I am starborn, immortal and far from home although there are occasional visits during dream-sleep.

What more can I say?

Jonathan wrote:Welcome to the community. Yes an honest intro would be good.
Steven_Dark
Steven_Dark
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 26.04.14 10:14

If you like Lucifer you'll love the primalcraft thing Maxx posted... If you haven't already, many people here will recommend you buy the Asetian bible. It's a good stepping stone if you want to get into this kind of thing.
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 26.04.14 10:22

Steven_Dark wrote:

Need I state the blisteringly obvious that I am a Luciferian and with regard to that I feel obliged to point out that I consider Lucifer and satan to be quite distinct. The title of satan is of biblical origin and the identification of satan/Lucifer/Devil is, I believe, a biblical to medieaval christian heresy.

Lucifer has a much more ancient lineage through the Greek Venus right back to the Mesopotamian godess Ishtar/Astoreth/Astaroth. It may be a radical opinion but Lucifer is female, Queen of heaven and bringer of light of whom Isis/Aset is a later incarnation (oops ... does that put that the metaphorical cat among the allegorical pigeons? lol)

I personally agree with your first part.

That second part I see as meaningless as the male female thing is only for the lowly human mind.  Those spirits you speak of I have seen manifest as male, female, balls of energy, etc., so they are without real sexual distinction in the spirit or etheric world.  I also chuckle at the descriptions of many of these spirits in all the grimoires appearing to the writers as such.  I do see a small distinction as applying to the feminine part rolling into dominance in this age and exiting  a masculine part from the previous age.  Same as a positive or negative energy distinction.   I believe that the relation to humans of the being during a particular period in times past had something to do with whether they were viewed as being masculine or feminine.  Just my own personal opinion.

Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 26.04.14 11:14

Oooh I just realized you are from Prague. I hear your country has quite the occult scene over there.
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Dark 26.04.14 11:30

@Stapleraindrop

Well I'm an expat Brit living in Prague and in a way you are right it is a city with a remarkably occult history and alchemical heritage due mainly to the barmy Emperor Rudolf II under whose reign Prague became crackpot central. Even the esteemed British Magician and Necromancer Dr John Dee and his wily assistant Edward Kelley lived here for some years and the house where Dee lived can still be seen.

Stapleraindrop wrote:
Oooh I just realized you are from Prague. I hear your country has quite the occult scene over there.

@Maxx

I wholeheartedly agree with you ... I was being mischevious and purposely provocative. Of course divinity, in whatever form, is beyond gender and is essentially androgynous or dualistic in nature and it is a huge problem for monotheistic religions who struggle with the duality inherent in all things. 'There can be no light without an equal amount of darkness' (CG Jung).

Maxx wrote:
Steven_Dark wrote:

I personally agree with your first part.

That second part I see as meaningless as the male female thing is only for the lowly human mind.  Those spirits you speak of I have seen manifest as male, female, balls of energy, etc., so they are without real sexual distinction in the spirit or etheric world.  I also chuckle at the descriptions of many of these spirits in all the grimoires appearing to the writers as such.  I do see a small distinction as applying to the feminine part rolling into dominance in this age and exiting  a masculine part from the previous age.  Same as a positive or negative energy distinction.   I believe that the relation to humans of the being during a particular period in times past had something to do with whether they were viewed as being masculine or feminine.  Just my own personal opinion.

Steven_Dark
Steven_Dark
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 26.04.14 13:26

I agree with most of what you have said except that Isis/Aset is a later incarnation of Lucifer. I don't mean to say that they must be different entities but to my understanding Aset (not the Greek interpretation of Isis) is way older than Lucifer in its many forms. Of course you're entitled to your opinion and believe otherwise.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonia 27.04.14 17:35

Welcome to the forum Smile I like your energy.
Demonia
Demonia
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2012-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Matttt 28.04.14 8:14

Welcome to the forum.
Good luck. Smile
Matttt
Matttt
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2013-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Dark 29.04.14 1:51

Thanks Demonia and Mattt.

saying 'good luck' implies it may be a bumpy ride Smile

Steven_Dark
Steven_Dark
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum