Hellen
Saylamine
geo
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Compulsive drawing - Page 2 Empty Re: Compulsive drawing

Post by Daniel09 02.06.09 19:49

Sorry for not responding, it was a silly idea at the time. I've made all kinds of ideas about the dark mark, like how the ankh in the center blots out part of the image in the blank area that resembles a drop of blood at the loop. And then the significance of the 3 parts of the wings, and how strangely the image looks like a large eye being opened up by the secrets as seen through the ankh... idk, anyway, after Aghrab's art comment in the Urge thread I have, I picked up the notebook and started sketching out what I felt a few members looked like in my mind's patterns by drawing in my "tribal" fashion. I included myself, coming out rather erratic in appearance to me, as if I've not quite settled, which is probably true. I thought Victor's looked oddly like a brain after I was finished with his. Hadn't intended that at all, just liked the swirls in his, swirls with triangles. Thought Aghrab's looked like a town or village of some sort, and Syrianeh's looks like some kind of sleeping bird or light cloud of some sort.

https://2img.net/h/i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll285/varemia/p_00277.jpg
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 03.06.09 1:04

That is nice, Daniel. I never thought I would end up being sketched by your imagination Smile

It is interesting that you thought of me as a sleeping bird; that's actually how I see myself some times. I know the wings are there ready to take charge, but I am still waking up to them.

Keep up the work, and thanks for sharing.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 03.06.09 8:29

You're welcome. To be perfectly honest though, I didn't consciously think of you that way. I was imagining clouds most of the time, in a similar way Victor was swirls, I was jagged lines, and Aghrab was... geometric.

But in my mind you have a very blue-tinted expanse, flashes of lighting pervade.

Victor is a darkish-red color, almost black, and involves whirls of lines and flashes of sudden straight lines.

Aghrab is hard to describe. He (forgive me if I have gender wrong. I think my synesthesia is what automatically attributes genders) has a lot of everything, no specific color, but not all colors either. It's not gray, but it's not colorful, weird, like in-between color and grayness. No swirls in his though. His brings up lots of geometric patterns, like ovals, rectangles, and triangles, and a curtain around it all for some reason. Don't blame me, blame my imagination.

As for myself, idk. There's a line, a line, then a line strikes a surface and a plant comes out, not green, but black, and it's a flower of some sort. There're just a ton of jagged lines and they bunch together and vibrate as if they're ready to explode at any moment. Mine don't have specific color either, though I see more dark/non-dark reddish-orange aura around the lines.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Talibah 03.06.09 8:52

Daniel, Aghrab is female...not that I'm pointlessly pointing that out or anything, but do you think that would make a difference as to how you 'see' her...or does it make no difference at all? Just wondering.
Talibah
Talibah
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 03.06.09 12:37

Talibah wrote:Daniel, Aghrab is female...not that I'm pointlessly pointing that out or anything, but do you think that would make a difference as to how you 'see' her...or does it make no difference at all? Just wondering.

It doesn't make any difference to me at all. I just have a bad reputation for getting the gender wrong of people online. She just feels male, and often-times others feel female who are male. I meant no offense.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by devilsC_U_N_T 03.06.09 13:52

those drawing are very neat. i like them lots.

<333 krow
devilsC_U_N_T
devilsC_U_N_T
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 03.06.09 14:17

Blue clouds... I still like the image, Daniel. Nice.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghrab 03.06.09 16:59

Daniel09 wrote:It doesn't make any difference to me at all. I just have a bad reputation for getting the gender wrong of people online. She just feels male, and often-times others feel female who are male. I meant no offense.

Do not worry, Daniel. I don't feel offended at all. It is hard to know if one is a male or female, when all you have to identify them, is their text.

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by geo 04.06.09 2:14

Hi Daniel
May I ask how you see me? Your drawings are quite unique, and to be honest I'm curious on the way I show to you.

I thought Aghrab was a "he" as well. I was surprised when Talibah used the word "she". No offense. I wrote this because once again it was weird to see that I wasn't the only one thinking different if it makes any sense.

geo
Banned

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Talibah 04.06.09 4:46

Daniel Wrote:
It doesn't make any difference to me at all. I just have a bad reputation for getting the gender wrong of people online. She just feels male, and often-times others feel female who are male. I meant no offense

When I asked if it made a difference, I didnt mean does it make a difference to you personally, if Aghrab is female. What I meant is, now that you know she is female, does that change the mental image that is created when you think of her, or does the original still stand?

This probably isnt relevant at all, but the fact that you have developed mental images of people, which you then commit to paper is interesting - it's almost like sigilising them, to a degree. Sorry if I didnt explain myself properly before.
Talibah
Talibah
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 04.06.09 7:39

Talibah wrote:
Daniel Wrote:
It doesn't make any difference to me at all. I just have a bad reputation for getting the gender wrong of people online. She just feels male, and often-times others feel female who are male. I meant no offense

When I asked if it made a difference, I didnt mean does it make a difference to you personally, if Aghrab is female. What I meant is, now that you know she is female, does that change the mental image that is created when you think of her, or does the original still stand?

This probably isnt relevant at all, but the fact that you have developed mental images of people, which you then commit to paper is interesting - it's almost like sigilising them, to a degree. Sorry if I didnt explain myself properly before.

Oh, I see. No, I think it's still the same image. Yeah, my imagination doesn't distinguish genders at all when it shows me what people look like. Heh, Aghrab's is coming up with the lines forming 3-dimensional objects, and a spider-weave is covering half of the building. Funny how that lines up with what I drew.

I'll give you a shot, Geo. I haven't thought about you very much in that way, so it might take a little longer.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 04.06.09 7:56

Well, here it is. It was a little stranger than the others I did. I got pretty much one distinct picture rather than a bunch of erratic moving things as in most. Your picture was 3 lines on top of each other, sliding against one another as if there was massive friction between them, a grinding noise was present. They are a dark golden color as well. Then an orange and yellow (orange in the center, yellow to the outer) flame did a spiral around the lines. That's about it. Three lines spiraled by fire, but it's a wider spiral, not a tight one, as if a magnetic force is making the flame curve around.

https://2img.net/h/i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll285/varemia/p_00278.jpg
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 04.06.09 8:02

Here, it's far more complete now on the drawn image:

https://2img.net/h/i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll285/varemia/p_00279.jpg
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by geo 04.06.09 11:03

Thank you so much Daniel, It's beautiful!

geo

geo
Banned

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Helliana 04.06.09 17:05

Interesting drawings, Daniel.
Helliana
Helliana
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 04.06.09 18:05

Helliana, your image is one of flowing green ribbons, like light gray-green ribbons on a black or dark green background. They flow in from the upper-back and move in to the front-lower-middle part of the view, rippling as flying through air, and leaving light quickly fading trails.

https://2img.net/h/i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll285/varemia/p_00283.jpg
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 08.06.09 17:02

https://2img.net/h/i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll285/varemia/p_00284.jpg

This is a paper of ramblings. I was reading about Keepers and saw that Anubis was important to them. This sparked my interest, because I drew something of a likeness to him a long time ago. So I couldn't find it and looked at the digital version, because I couldn't remember how to draw the head. Then I drew it out, and re-filled it in. The quality is awful, but after I drew it I felt it belonged on a coin or something, and started wondering about past lives and remembering things, but then coming to a realization that most of my memories are fabricated. I found a factor that separated my fabrications from reality though, and that was the essence of touch, the way things felt sticks in my memory like glue. Sights, sounds, smells, they all fade, but touch, especially on my back area and arms stays forever for some reason. I can recall temperature, texture, etc. So now I can run through my memories as well as now realized false memories and determine how real they are. Even some of my real memories have been tampered with by my imagination, and I have to maintain a solid base in my mind to separate reality from fiction, lest I lose my foundation and fall to insanity at some point in the future.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2