Very Much A Neophyte

4 posters

Go down

Very Much A Neophyte Empty Very Much A Neophyte

Post by Faroah 18.05.16 0:20

I have been fascinated by the Ancient Egyptian culture and the mythos surrounding it. What I was unaware of until very recently was Asetianism. More than that, I have been working on a work of fiction that has it's origins in ancient Egypt and deals with witches, vampires and my favorite villain, the Roman Catholic Church.

My posting this is two fold in reasoning:

First, who do you (those more experienced in the world of Asetians) feel about a work of fiction, based in both reality and fantasy, as it relates to the tenets of Asetianism?

Secondly, I know I need to get copies of both the AB and Book of Orion, apart from those literary devices, where might I look for more real research material that I might better understand the tenets?

Thank you in advance for any help you may provide and any intelligent dialogue that may come of this.

Faroah
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2016-05-17

Back to top Go down

Very Much A Neophyte Empty Re: Very Much A Neophyte

Post by Maxx 18.05.16 1:01

I have no interest in any work of fiction.  The closest I could relate is Frabato, the Magician.  If you can take the tale and put the allegory together as the bible is shown, then it may be interesting for my taste, anyway.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Faroah 18.05.16 1:08

Fair enough. I had the feeling that, for the most part, there would be more of a disinterest in fiction around here.

I have spent some hours reading posts around this forum. I was actually hoping for your reply, Maxx.

I have long thought that the fantastical stories about vampyres and witches have been quite a bit unfair to both witches and vampyres alike. I am hoping to weave a tale of fiction that sheds a different light.

My desire to do something great with it has led me to this forum and shortly to Asetian literature. Have you any suggestions for other source material?

Faroah
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 18.05.16 1:41

Before you do any writing at all in the direction of the Asetian situation, you would do well to read or overview the books you made mention of.  It would give you some insight and a possible understanding that would benefit you, rather than writing about something you have not researched at all.  Good luck with it.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Faroah 18.05.16 2:03

Thanks, I'll be hitting the book store soon for both. I am interested beyond my writing. As with anything, if I don't feel like I know enough, I search more information.

I am sure I will have some other questions as I learn more. Thanks for the input.

Faroah
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 18.05.16 10:15

Hello Faroah and welcome to the community. Like Maxx I recommend that the first step is to read the published literature on the subject. It’s the easiest way to get a grasp of the concepts, terminology, tradition and symbolism. Then if you have doubts after it you can discuss it here.

Maybe I would be interested in reading a work of fiction that incorporates Asetianism but it would have to be a good work, accurate in terms of Asetian culture and not too commercial. It must remain respectful to the original works.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 18.05.16 21:26

Welcome, Faroah.
Kalb
Kalb