Manifesting the Adversary

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Manifesting the Adversary  - Page 2 Empty Re: Manifesting the Adversary

Post by Maxx 10.01.19 11:37

you might care to do a study on Heyoka.  This is what you keep asking about....

Plus another section...

https://fractalenlightenment.com/25726/spirituality/the-path-of-the-sacred-clown-where-trickster-and-shaman-converge
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 10.01.19 12:01

I was just reading about this not long ago. I came across it while searching for articles about the Fool tarot card. It is rather interesting.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1623
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guano 10.01.19 12:32

Rhea Kaye wrote:I also have to disagree. How many incredibly ignorant smart people are out there? I picture an extremely knowledgeable lawyer for instance, with all the bells and whistles of a superior education, a crisp suit costing thousands and some fancy coffee in hand as he chats on a busy cellphone about laws and appointments and all the stuff he knows. Some of those people are among the most blind in society. Knowledge on its own provides no source or guide on how to always be wise. Again I'm thinking of the deeply stupid people who might have tons of knowledge, maybe from formal education, yet know nothing about how to apply it to grow. They might only sit and stagnate atop a pretentious mountain of glory but that glory is only worldly knowledge.

That is undoubtedly true. However, they have limited knowledge, to have infinite knowledge is completely different and must, by definition, contain the future and how best to deal with a situation in the wisest of manners. Thus, infinite knowledge = infinite wisdom.
Guano
Guano
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2018-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guano 10.01.19 12:34

The same being said for Maxx. Infinite knowledge is entirely different to limited knowledge, as your student analogy applies for limited, not infinite. Your original post may have been simply misworded by the use of infinite. Forgive my overly in depth disagreement.
Guano
Guano
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 10.01.19 12:51

I see what you are getting at. Yet, I personally feel it is completely impossible for anyone to know everything. For a physical mind, infinite knowledge is impossible. There is no way to gain access to every piece of information and not even supercomputers have that ability in full like you describe.
I feel that trying to have infinite knowledge is a very empty pursuit that will lead to failure, illusions and unhappiness. Even the most brilliant minds of our current age do not have all the knowledge, despite being able make phenomenal creations just with the power of their minds while shaping history.
On the other hand, a humble student who is pursuing inner growth quietly while keeping his ego in check might have a lot more wisdom than an intensely knowledgeable mind.
Knowledge is a key, a doorway, but someone still has to have their wits about themselves to walk through the doorway, or turn the key in the right place. Knowledge is power, it is great power, wisdom is in knowing how to apply that power in the best way.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1623
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guano 10.01.19 12:52

That's not the point. Of course it is, however, that is simply what Maxx stated.
Guano
Guano
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Guano 10.01.19 12:53

Maxx wrote:very simple.  one can have all the knowledge in the world.  But unless applied properly into the right way and place, no wisdom will ever be attained from that knowledge.
Guano
Guano
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2