Traditional ''ethnic grave sweeping festival ''

2 posters

Go down

Traditional ''ethnic grave sweeping festival '' Empty Traditional ''ethnic grave sweeping festival ''

Post by Rael 04.04.20 6:03

''Qingming Festival '' can also be called '' Ethnic Grave Sweeping Festival ''.
'' Qingming Festival  '': It is the 15th day after the vernal equinox in the 24th festival.

From the ancient times, there were ceremonies for emperors and princes to worship the ancestral temple, to the tomb sacrifices of Confucius in the Spring and Autumn Period, all of which were unique to the nobility.
After the Qin and Han dynasties, the aristocracy system was finally declining. At this time, there was the custom of sacrificial offering to the ancestors. (Spread to today)

Rael
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2018-10-17

Back to top Go down

Traditional ''ethnic grave sweeping festival '' Empty Re: Traditional ''ethnic grave sweeping festival ''

Post by Rael 04.04.20 6:06

Today is the annual Qingming Festival.
This day we will worship our ancestors. Go and sweep the ancestor's grave.
There are also taboos on this day.
We will choose time carefully to sweep the grave. Around 5am to 7am.
But now, because most people are busy with work, there is a different time, that is before 3 pm. (Referring to the time between 5am and 3pm)
After three in the afternoon try not to sweep the tomb. Because after the sun goes down, the Yang Qi will slowly fade away. Vulnerable to bad aura.
Pregnant women, children, and menstrual girls should avoid tomb sweeping.
Clothes to wear dark dominated, but wearing black.

Photography is prohibited.
Do n’t eat while grave sweeping. If necessary, try to be vegetarian. According to custom, it is better to eat after grave sweeping.
It's best not to be entertained while scanning the grave.

Rael
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Traditional ''ethnic grave sweeping festival '' Empty Re: Traditional ''ethnic grave sweeping festival ''

Post by Rael 04.04.20 6:12

There is a certain order for grave sweeping.
how to say?
Generally speaking: ''From father, mother, firstborn, eldest daughter, second son, second daughter'' and so on to incense worship (although the order is not mandatory, and traditional customs have gender stereotypes, it is recommended to follow family habits)
After the worship, be careful of the incense candles, and make sure that the Qingming grave-sweeping sacrifices are placed properly. After all the grave-sweeping procedures are completed, make sure that the fire candles are completely extinguished before leaving. Pay attention to the safety of using fire during the worship.

We have a sequence to sweep the grave.
We will burn incense first. Then prepare meat and wine for offering.Then proceed to worship and light up the candles.

Rael
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Rael 04.04.20 6:25

After sweeping the tomb and returning home, be sure to wash your shoes. Remove filthy gas (dirty, uncirculated gas).
The clothes on the body should be washed and taken out to dry, and the tip of the shoes must be placed inside.

Do not visit relatives and friends on Ching Ming Festival!

Rael
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 04.04.20 10:07

"Go and sweep the Ancestors grave"

If you consider all the connections from today backward with all the generations and counting, 2,4,8,16, etc, and doing the same with their ancestors, your generational Ancestors are such a large number it would take a computer to number them all. With this in mind, there is a great degree of validity in the "generational curses" mentioned so many times in both the old and new testaments of the Christian and Jewish religious material.  

Meaning that you are never alone as your Ancestors are watching over you and helping.  So much of a connection is done for this reason with the Shamanic workings within the Nature religions and the Tibetian and Indian, Buddhist, Tao, etc.  There is certainly strong evidence this is all correct.

But I think I will pass and not turn my shoe tips inward after I finish.  I think my Ancestors will forgive me of that one detail.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum