Troublemaker
Maxx
UnseenUndine
8 posters

Go down

είδωλα και αρχέτυπα Empty είδωλα και αρχέτυπα

Post by UnseenUndine 17.04.20 19:08

Idols and Archetypes

The quotes are copied and pasted from a simple wiki.

An Idol:

“ In ancient Greek literature, an eidolon (plural: eidola or eidolons; Greek εἴδωλον: "image, idol, double, apparition, phantom, ghost") is a spirit-image of a living or dead person; a shade or phantom look-alike of the human form.”

An Archetype:

“ The concept of an archetype /ˈɑːrkɪtaɪp/ appears in areas relating to behavior, historical psychological theory, and literary analysis. An archetype can be:

a statement, pattern of behavior, a prototype, a "first" form or a main model which other statements, patterns of behavior, and objects copy, emulate or "merge" into. (Frequently used informal synonyms for this usage include "standard example", "basic example", and the longer form "archetypal example". Mathematical archetypes often appear as "canonical examples".)

a Platonic philosophical idea referring to pure forms which embody the fundamental characteristics of a thing in Platonism

a collectively-inherited unconscious idea, pattern of thought, image, etc., that is universally present, in individual psyches, as in Jungian psychology

a constantly recurring symbol or motif in literature, painting, or mythology (this usage of the term draws from both comparative anthropology and from Jungian archetypal theory). In various seemingly unrelated cases in classic storytelling, media, etc., characters or ideas sharing similar traits recur.”

Do you think that archetypes and idols should or can be treated as one and the same?

UnseenUndine
Banned

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2017-09-14

Back to top Go down

είδωλα και αρχέτυπα Empty Re: είδωλα και αρχέτυπα

Post by Maxx 17.04.20 21:31

It certainly appears you have a mental illness, Heruset.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by UnseenUndine 17.04.20 22:00

Heruset is probably not reading the forum unless under the name of Anto or Vu Deja which is even unlikely.

It seems that some others who are still here have creative imaginations though.

UnseenUndine
Banned

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2017-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 17.04.20 22:29

That's a pretty accurate assessment, Maxx.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Anto 17.04.20 22:43

nice to hear that UnseenUndine ... Idea
Anto
Anto
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2020-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Vu Deja 19.04.20 10:18

UnseenUndine wrote: Heruset is probably not reading the forum unless under the name of Anto or Vu Deja which is even unlikely.

It seems that some others who are still here have creative imaginations though.

It now makes sense why you said "welcome back" in my introduction post. I can assure you I have never been here until now. Of course I have no problem proving this to anyone. I can provide you with anything you need to diminish your paranoia and insecurities.

I don't take offense, of course, to being mistaken like this. When people are consistently wrapped up in drama it tends to make one paranoid about everything and everyone. Just a natural regression of mind and emotion at play. I have compassion for your state of mind as I have experienced the same in the past. Thank god I learned from my mistakes and I'm sure you will as well. Hopefully sooner than later because I feel you are truly suffering.

I would like to extend to you an opportunity to ask whatever you would like to clarify this misunderstanding in regards to my identity. I'm an open book for the most part. This goes for anyone in the community.

Vu Deja
Vu Deja
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2020-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoom 19.04.20 10:29

Vu Deja, do not worry. That person has been banned now and I am sure everyone here can see through them.  You are more than welcome here Smile
Naoom
Naoom
Banned

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2016-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 19.04.20 10:30

He is banned by now so there isn't much point in that. 
Welcome to the community though.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vu Deja 19.04.20 10:41

Rhea Kaye wrote:He is banned by now so there isn't much point in that. 
Welcome to the community though.

Thank you very much, Naoom and Rhea. I just saw in a different forum that he/she was now banned.
Vu Deja
Vu Deja
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2020-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 19.04.20 10:55

I just hit 777 messages some time ago. UnseenUndine was banned on 77 posts. And I just saw that this forum had precisely gotten 27777 posts in total, but now I break that by posting this message. Lol...
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 19.04.20 11:08

MysticLightShinethForth wrote:I just hit 777 messages some time ago. UnseenUndine was banned on 77 posts. And I just saw that this forum had precisely gotten 27777 posts in total, but now I break that by posting this message. Lol...

The Universe is now in alignment. Pharaoh
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 19.04.20 11:27

Again, I knew you would comment on this, haha. Razz I must have precognition, hehe. But I had no arrows ready in my quiver this time for drawing on my bow, haha... as I'm already stricken down by the light of this synchronicity. Mystic the glorious Light of luminous horizons who Shineth Forth resplendently above everybody's awe and wonder, has seen a greater light... and been awestruck...

I am... humbled...

lol!
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content