Whispered Greetings

Go down

Whispered Greetings Empty Whispered Greetings

Post by Glasswalker on 03.08.20 11:14

Greetings, I'm Glasswalker. I would describe myself as a rather reserved individual, so making introductions is always a chore, haha. But I am glad to be here. I had been eyeing this forum for a good amount of time and finally decided to sign up to it. There seems to be a lot of discourse here that is not had elsewhere in other online circles. That alone is quite intriguing. I am very eager to lurk, read, and perhaps participate every once in a while.

In terms of who I am and my nature, I am an energy vampire and a nonhuman individual. I have known about both aspects of my nature since my early youth (tweens), having a much better understanding of each half now that I am an adult (27). These experiences pressured me to get involved with the nonphysical and energy work from a very early age, leading me to the in person GVC soon after. My involvement in the communities, and metaphysical study, has been a lengthy journey since. I have found myself to be rather path agnostic for the majority of my life (learning from all), although in the last few years I have found myself called towards a particular path.

In my free time I am engaged, heavily, in philosophical discourse (usually in the realm of absurdism) and interactions with technology through programming. My mindset has definitely been shaped by these interests and I have noticed a tendency to abstract down to the furthest thread. The inner mechanics of something, rather than the surface appearance, appeals to me much more.

I am happy to go into further detail on any aspect of this introduction should such be desired. I look forward to spending time here.
Glasswalker
Glasswalker
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 38
Location : USA
Registration date : 2020-08-03

Back to top Go down

Whispered Greetings Empty Re: Whispered Greetings

Post by Augustas on 03.08.20 11:29

Hello, Glasswalker! Nice to meet you!
Very interesting introduction! Very Happy
Augustas
Augustas
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 7
Location : Lithuania
Registration date : 2020-07-21

Back to top Go down

Whispered Greetings Empty Re: Whispered Greetings

Post by Rhea Kaye on 03.08.20 11:45

Welcome.
Rhea Kaye
Rhea Kaye
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1306
Location : USA
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Whispered Greetings Empty Re: Whispered Greetings

Post by Jonathan on 03.08.20 13:05

Welcome to the forum.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2739
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Whispered Greetings Empty Re: Whispered Greetings

Post by Tiet on 04.08.20 2:37

welcome to VF
Tiet
Tiet
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 31
Location : Constanta . ROMANIA
Registration date : 2020-07-19

Back to top Go down

Whispered Greetings Empty Re: Whispered Greetings

Post by MysticLightShinethForth on 04.08.20 8:09

Welcome, Glasswalker! Very Happy Guess who brought you here? Razz Hehe.

And, now you've got to behave, least I have to bear the burden of responsibility for you acting up all strange, haha. No, that's just an "insider" joke. I wouldn't think you'd act up strange, really. Razz Haha.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1020
Location : Sweden
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Whispered Greetings Empty Re: Whispered Greetings

Post by Glasswalker on 04.08.20 10:17

Thank you all for the welcomes.

MysticLightShinethForth wrote:Welcome, Glasswalker! Very Happy Guess who brought you here? Razz Hehe.

And, now you've got to behave, least I have to bear the burden of responsibility for you acting up all strange, haha. No, that's just an "insider" joke. I wouldn't think you'd act up strange, really. Razz Haha.

Hmmm, I dunno. I do tend to act strange on occasion. Perhaps not act up though :p. I'll do my best to behave!
Glasswalker
Glasswalker
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 38
Location : USA
Registration date : 2020-08-03

Back to top Go down

Whispered Greetings Empty Re: Whispered Greetings

Post by Ramla-Meryt on 04.08.20 13:21

Welcome.
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 160
Location : Between the sacred and the profane.
Registration date : 2018-03-19

Back to top Go down

Whispered Greetings Empty Re: Whispered Greetings

Post by Void on 21.08.20 13:56

Glasswalker wrote:
...
In my free time I am engaged, heavily, in philosophical discourse (usually in the realm of absurdism) and interactions with technology through programming. ...
Me to, the programming part. Over the years my coding start leaking in to my spirituality, I start finding more and more that some computer terminologies/concepts/ideas were helping me to explain and understand certain spiritual/occult concepts easier, made more sense. And I began to borrow those concepts more and more, for better or worse Very Happy And now in my UPG "spirit" by definition is closer to computer program, than to something abstract and ethereal.
Void
Void
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 54
Location : EU
Registration date : 2020-08-21

Back to top Go down

Whispered Greetings Empty Re: Whispered Greetings

Post by Jessamine on 21.08.20 14:04

[quote="Void"]
Glasswalker wrote:
...
Over the years my coding start leaking in to my spirituality, I start finding more and more that some computer terminologies/concepts/ideas were helping me to explain and understand certain spiritual/occult concepts easier, made more sense.

That is very interesting! Would you mind sharing more about it?
Jessamine
Jessamine
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 90
Location : Europe
Registration date : 2015-07-08

Back to top Go down

Whispered Greetings Empty Re: Whispered Greetings

Post by Void on 21.08.20 15:23

Jessamine wrote:
That is very interesting! Would you mind sharing more about it?
Well it's very deeply rooted in all of my "spiritual practices", so might be hard to sum it up in few sentences. And on top of that my views, my perception changed on both ends. I mean if I perform some ritual, or other some magical/spiritual work, I tend to see some parts of said work from programmers perspective, and at the same time, some of my programming work can and do have some spiritual/occult undertones. For example if I perform cleansing, or set up wards etc, while my actions looking from aside might not differ a lot from other people, I my self would perceive, to some degree as "writing, recording a program", and after, I may meditate to actually "look" at what I just "wrote" and see if there are bugs in my "coding", if I made some mistakes, if I need to redo it all from zero or maybe some adjustments would suffice. Because at least from my experience, there seem to be certain similarities, spells and rituals etc don't always manifest as those were intended, and when they don't, I can get very obsessive trying to nitpick everything in very technical way, a bit like: "was there something wrong with my grammar? did I forgot semicolon? or was I expecting too much, was I giving not enough resources, maybe resources leaking somewhere? or did I unintentionally create some endless loop?" Something like that. And my magic works 99 times out of 100 don't just work exactly the way it was intended, just like programming. Well maybe not exactly, actually magic is a little more forgiving, seems like things out there try to work, even if I didn't do decent job, the "job" that I did still tries to work, tries to find the way, the path, while computer programs just outright crash. So there are some differences, but there are plenty of similarities too, from my personal experiences and experiments.
Hopefully I managed to give at least some some insight in to my weird ways Very Happy
Void
Void
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 54
Location : EU
Registration date : 2020-08-21

Back to top Go down

Whispered Greetings Empty Re: Whispered Greetings

Post by Glasswalker on 21.08.20 20:23

Void wrote:I tend to see some parts of said work from programmers perspective, and at the same time, some of my programming work can and do have some spiritual/occult undertones.

Personally, I think this manifests in most individuals who involve themselves in both nonphsyical practices and physical programming endeavors. Programming, in the physical code sense, requires a reordering of perspective and changes the way you look at problems. It also allows for different frameworks of consideration. Most of which are lost on some.

This is probably why we got along so well :p.
Glasswalker
Glasswalker
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 38
Location : USA
Registration date : 2020-08-03

Back to top Go down

Whispered Greetings Empty Re: Whispered Greetings

Post by Void on 22.08.20 12:48

Glasswalker wrote:
This is probably why we got along so well :p.
We do?  Shocked All this time I thought you can barely tolerate me..  Shocked  Laughing

Glasswalker wrote:
Personally, I think this manifests in most individuals who involve themselves in both nonphsyical practices and physical programming endeavors. Programming, in the physical code sense, requires a reordering of perspective and changes the way you look at problems. It also allows for different frameworks of consideration. Most of which are lost on some.
But a lot of our peers don't feel quite the same way about technology mixing with spirituality too much, which is a little regretful
Void
Void
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 54
Location : EU
Registration date : 2020-08-21

Back to top Go down

Whispered Greetings Empty Re: Whispered Greetings

Post by Glasswalker on 22.08.20 13:17

Void wrote:But a lot of our peers don't feel quite the same way about technology mixing with spirituality too much, which is a little regretful

There's a lot of influences that tend to impart negative perceptions on technology, especially in the realm of the metaphysical. Two ways of looking at it is it's both a matter of perspective, imparted by the individual culture one exists in, and a general unfamiliarity encouraged by a culture devoid of curiosity. There's obviously other considerations involved in shaping people's views, but to not even consider what something unfamiliar could potentially hold for one in the realm of growth is depriving the self of knowledge.

Frankly, the concepts contained within programming have been profoundly impactful in regards to energy work, and has certainly provided additional frameworks for looking deeper. Rather than being obsessed with macro observations. Being content with only what one can see in the immediate horizon is a "trapping", as I've recently seen such called.
Glasswalker
Glasswalker
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 38
Location : USA
Registration date : 2020-08-03

Back to top Go down

Whispered Greetings Empty Re: Whispered Greetings

Post by Jonathan on 22.08.20 13:36

Some food for thought. Have you considered that the connections you find between programming and metaphysics may be a reflection of your own background and experience with programming languages, an influence of that experience, and not the other way around?
Like for example, would the shamanistic elder from tribal Africa or the metaphysical monk in China see those connections in programming or is our brain designed as a species to find connections in what we perceive as familiar based on our own backgrounds and experiences?
It’s an interesting observation nonetheless.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2739
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Whispered Greetings Empty Re: Whispered Greetings

Post by 8lou1 on 22.08.20 14:20

hi there, glasswalker. nice to meet you.
im quite the nitwit computerwise, but at the same time am very fond of the programming language. i actually started using it before i knew about vampirism, rpg and the wyrd wars in between. so that probably also answers jonathans question.
very cool to meet others who also 'speak' that language.
8lou1
8lou1
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 235
Location : rotterdam
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Whispered Greetings Empty Re: Whispered Greetings

Post by Void on 22.08.20 14:23

Glasswalker wrote:
There's a lot of influences that tend to impart negative perceptions on technology, especially in the realm of the metaphysical. Two ways of looking at it is it's both a matter of perspective, imparted by the individual culture one exists in, and a general unfamiliarity encouraged by a culture devoid of curiosity. There's obviously other considerations involved in shaping people's views, but to not even consider what something unfamiliar could potentially hold for one in the realm of growth is depriving the self of knowledge.
I think people may feel threatened by certain ideas, it's hard as it is to feel sane and motivated to breath in this world. The physical life is difficult, and we feel small and insignificant, and all we have for any comfort is that idea that at least in spirit we are somehow special, divine even, and maybe spiritualism in technology, or technological spiritualism encroach on that comfort ideas, maybe? no?

Glasswalker wrote:
Frankly, the concepts contained within programming have been profoundly impactful in regards to energy work, and has certainly provided additional frameworks for looking deeper. Rather than being obsessed with macro observations. Being content with only what one can see in the immediate horizon is a "trapping", as I've recently seen such called.
In a way I see "spirit" as a substance that is made of two components - information (code) and energy.
I feel like I have half decent sense of the code part, I'm not so confident with the energy part, even though I've done some practice and experiments, and perhaps even found some correlations and things that works, but I don't feel like I'm anywhere close to any kind of "understanding". That part still feels very ethereal for me, perhaps it supposed to feel that way?

Jonathan wrote:Some food for thought. Have you considered that the connections you find between programming and metaphysics may be a reflection of your own background and experience with programming languages, an influence of that experience, and not the other way around?
Like for example, would the shamanistic elder from tribal Africa or the metaphysical monk in China see those connections in programming or is our brain designed as a species to find connections in what we perceive as familiar based on our own backgrounds and experiences?
It’s an interesting observation nonetheless.
Fair point, and yes, I do consider that, regularly. I live in a constant state of self doubt Very Happy or a state of regular re-evaluation of own personal dogmas. The answer is, for my self at least - "I don't know, but I haven't found anything that would work/explain certain things better than this thing. Haven't found yet, so for the time being we're just going with what we have". More or less.
Void
Void
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 54
Location : EU
Registration date : 2020-08-21

Back to top Go down

Whispered Greetings Empty Re: Whispered Greetings

Post by 8lou1 on 22.08.20 14:36

btw it is very helpful to combine it with neuro linguistic programming.
i for example really like the streetgang feel so i combine my visual of that with the, what i call, pc-language in order to filter and manipulate while i feed. in that way i get rid of feelings like mentioned above and i am able to accept the world more.
8lou1
8lou1
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 235
Location : rotterdam
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Whispered Greetings Empty Re: Whispered Greetings

Post by Jonathan on 22.08.20 14:46

Void wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Some food for thought. Have you considered that the connections you find between programming and metaphysics may be a reflection of your own background and experience with programming languages, an influence of that experience, and not the other way around?
Like for example, would the shamanistic elder from tribal Africa or the metaphysical monk in China see those connections in programming or is our brain designed as a species to find connections in what we perceive as familiar based on our own backgrounds and experiences?
It’s an interesting observation nonetheless.
Fair point, and yes, I do consider that, regularly. I live in a constant state of self doubt Very Happy or a state of regular re-evaluation of own personal dogmas.

That is indeed the right mindset for learning.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2739
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Whispered Greetings Empty Re: Whispered Greetings

Post by Glasswalker on 22.08.20 23:56

Jonathan wrote:Some food for thought. Have you considered that the connections you find between programming and metaphysics may be a reflection of your own background and experience with programming languages, an influence of that experience, and not the other way around?
Like for example, would the shamanistic elder from tribal Africa or the metaphysical monk in China see those connections in programming or is our brain designed as a species to find connections in what we perceive as familiar based on our own backgrounds and experiences?
It’s an interesting observation nonetheless.

Hey there, Jonathan. The languages being discussed are of course a product of the human experience (as it's basically taking your spoken language, reordering it to mean different things, and then feeding it into a computer in a specific pattern), but to understand it is not unique to a certain background. A little known fact, although I give the method high praise currently, I was pretty anti-technology for my whole life. Well into my adult years. I, also, have a background in the shamanic path as I had my induction many years ago. It was only after I passed my rites and was guided under my teacher than I was encouraged to engage in programming. It was not something I had a background in, or previous experience with. But at the urging of a gaian spirit, I ventured down this path. I think anyone could find value in knowing a little bit about everything, of course. In this particular way, the way that programming reorders what you find familiar is what has benefited me.

Food for thought aha.

8lou1 wrote:hi there, glasswalker. nice to meet you.
im quite the nitwit computerwise, but at the same time am very fond of the programming language. i actually started using it before i knew about vampirism, rpg and the wyrd wars in between. so that probably also answers jonathans question.
very cool to meet others who also 'speak' that language.

It's nice to meet you as well Smile!

Void wrote:I think people may feel threatened by certain ideas, it's hard as it is to feel sane and motivated to breath in this world. The physical life is difficult, and we feel small and insignificant, and all we have for any comfort is that idea that at least in spirit we are somehow special, divine even, and maybe spiritualism in technology, or technological spiritualism encroach on that comfort ideas, maybe? no?

It's a potentiality, but also multifaceted beyond the scope of that. There could be encroachments in comfort yes, but it might come from places we may not expect.

Void wrote:Fair point, and yes, I do consider that, regularly. I live in a constant state of self doubt Very Happy or a state of regular re-evaluation of own personal dogmas.

Now this I see a lot of people afraid of Razz ! It would be impossible to garner any understanding without doing so.
Glasswalker
Glasswalker
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 38
Location : USA
Registration date : 2020-08-03

Back to top Go down

Whispered Greetings Empty Re: Whispered Greetings

Post by Jonathan on 23.08.20 4:28

Glasswalker wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Some food for thought. Have you considered that the connections you find between programming and metaphysics may be a reflection of your own background and experience with programming languages, an influence of that experience, and not the other way around?
Like for example, would the shamanistic elder from tribal Africa or the metaphysical monk in China see those connections in programming or is our brain designed as a species to find connections in what we perceive as familiar based on our own backgrounds and experiences?
It’s an interesting observation nonetheless.

But at the urging of a gaian spirit, I ventured down this path. I think anyone could find value in knowing a little bit about everything, of course.

Now that is something I very much agree with. You're quite right.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2739
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Whispered Greetings Empty Re: Whispered Greetings

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum