Should I buy this Asetian Bible?

+2
Jonathan
Bomani
6 posters

Go down

Should I buy this Asetian Bible? Empty Should I buy this Asetian Bible?

Post by Bomani 23.08.20 11:08

I'm not entirely sold on the idea of possibly spending 25 or more USD for a glorified fantasy novel.

Bomani
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2020-08-13

Back to top Go down

Should I buy this Asetian Bible? Empty Re: Should I buy this Asetian Bible?

Post by Jonathan 23.08.20 11:25

No, you probably shouldn't.

It doesn't seem like to be a book for you or that you're ready for it.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 23.08.20 11:27

That seems logical.  So I would suggest going all out on the 77 dollar, all-inclusive bundle that covers all of them.  That way, if you buy one and find it was not really what you had hoped for and a mistake, you could get all of the articles in the large addition and find some aspect that is a new revelation that shows what you first thought was a mistake, but actually when viewing the entire works, you find much new material that justifies the purchase.

This is like asking someone should you eat today one meal that is not so good but find the other two leaves you with a much better impression?  Who asks others about their own lifestyle and ask what others they have never met before, what kind of decoration should they choose to put in their own house.  This does not make sense as you are supposed to have a singular mind of your own.  But go ahead and rationize that...
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Bomani 23.08.20 11:40

Jonathan wrote:No, you probably shouldn't.

I'm just skeptical. I guess a better question to ask is what could this "bible" do for me and what has it done for others.

Bomani
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 23.08.20 11:46

it could make you more intelligent by reading something else, or it could make you mad as hell as you blew $25 or $77.
Or it could mean you need a conservator or caretaker to handle all decisions for you in your life?   Now you choose what is best for you.  You did not ask anyone what color you should wear today, did you?  If not...hmmmm?
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 23.08.20 11:52

BTW. How are you coming along with that research you said you were intently going into about the vampire elements? Found anything yet?
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound 23.08.20 12:01

Greetings, Bomani. Providing an outsider perspective, I don't really think acquiring the Bible would be a wasteful effort for anyone even if they do not agree with its contents after the fact. So far, my experience has been that it definitely provided a unique and insightful view, at a surface level, into the Asetian path while also containing some very legitimate information in it regarding some metaphysical concepts which are outside of vampirism and Asetianism specifically. While there are some things I am critical of in the text, such as its specific gnosis on some topics, it was certainly worth it to me as the author does have a degree of legitimate knowledge on a variety of subjects. It would probably be the best way for you to figure out if this path is for you or not.

Personally, I was also on the fence for some months before acquiring it. It has value to be found regardless of your interest in the various subjects. If you have that interest, I can say it wouldn't hurt to give it a read.
Hound
Hound
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2020-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 23.08.20 12:26

Bomani wrote:

I'm just skeptical. I guess a better question to ask is what could this "bible" do for me and what has it done for others.

I understand being skeptical. It was not my intention to encourage you not to read the book. I just noticed that you seem to have a lot of preconceived ideas on Aset Ka which may be detrimental to the understanding of the Tradition. So maybe you should research it a bit more at first and try to sense if it is really for you or not. Personally I find it to be a great resource but my opinion is biased as I have studied Asetianism for many years, so in that sense Glasswalker's input might be more valuable to you than mine. I can say that it's certainly not a book of fiction, but that doesn't mean that it's the right text and teachings for everyone. There is also the subject of all the dangers associated with Asetianism that have been mentioned many times in this forum, especially when one isn't ready to handle certain aspects of their gnosis or endure certain initiations, but that's a much higher risk with something like the Violet Throne which you likely shouldn't approach at this point without a further grasp of what you're getting yourself into.

I hope this helps more than my previous rash comment.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Bomani 23.08.20 17:02

Jonathan wrote:
Bomani wrote:

I understand being skeptical. It was not my intention to encourage you not to read the book. I just noticed that you seem to have a lot of preconceived ideas on Aset Ka which may be detrimental to the understanding of the Tradition. So maybe you should research it a bit more at first and try to sense if it is really for you or not. Personally I find it to be a great resource but my opinion is biased as I have studied Asetianism for many years, so in that sense Glasswalker's input might be more valuable to you than mine. I can say that it's certainly not a book of fiction, but that doesn't mean that it's the right text and teachings for everyone. There is also the subject of all the dangers associated with Asetianism that have been mentioned many times in this forum, especially when one isn't ready to handle certain aspects of their gnosis or endure certain initiations, but that's a much higher risk with something like the Violet Throne which you likely shouldn't approach at this point without a further grasp of what you're getting yourself into.

I hope this helps more than my previous rash comment.
what kind of risks could possibly arise from reading a book?

Bomani
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 23.08.20 17:22

How to explain this to someone absolutely new... well occult grimoires (real ones, at least) aren't just books containing words, they conceal mysteries and initiations that can cause changes within an initiate, when able to unlock those hidden keys. Although if you're asking the question I'm assuming that your experience with grimoires and magick is very limited, so I say it again, I'm not exactly sure if it's such a good idea for someone new to the occult and initiatory magick to delve right away into such an intricate tradition like Asetianism and Aset Ka.

Also with your question you're neglecting the fact that occult books are in a great part gnosis. Knowledge itself is a dangerous and often underestimated force. It's what makes or breaks people.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Bomani 24.08.20 10:07

Jonathan wrote:How to explain this to someone absolutely new... well occult grimoires (real ones, at least) aren't just books containing words, they conceal mysteries and initiations that can cause changes within an initiate, when able to unlock those hidden keys. Although if you're asking the question I'm assuming that your experience with grimoires and magick is very limited, so I say it again, I'm not exactly sure if it's such a good idea for someone new to the occult and initiatory magick to delve right away into such an intricate tradition like Asetianism and Aset Ka.

Also with your question you're neglecting the fact that occult books are in a great part gnosis. Knowledge itself is a dangerous and often underestimated force. It's what makes or breaks people.
either you are an excellent salesman or this has more to it then I first thought. Then where would you say a person who is entirely new to the study of this tradition would go?

Bomani
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound 24.08.20 10:30

Individually, I can substantiate what Jonathan has said. Grimoires, in almost all cases, carry with them energies that can have great influence on an individual should they not be well attuned in any kind of metaphysical background. The kind of influence depends on the kind of grimoire, generally.

If you're unsure if you'd want to take the risk (you shouldn't) I would suggest becoming familiar with general metaphysical concepts, which can be found in most occult circles that are around these days. Having a foundation to stand upon would allow one to approach these avenues with clearer insight and better protection from any negative consequences of engaging in such things. I don't personally consider the AB that dangerous, but I am slightly biased as I have been engaging in these things for a little over a decade. It may very well be to someone who has no background at all, or one with limited experience. So I will defer to Jonathan and say to heed his warnings.
Hound
Hound
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2020-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 24.08.20 11:10

I'd say get a background within occultism overall. Starting with basic steps of learning. Cautious and responsible steps of practice. Balanced and necessary means of self-development. The way lies in self-discipline where perseverance is the key. Then you'll earn experience, knowledge and potentially greater awareness over things within yourself but also outside, whether symbolic in physical form or informational in a non-physical sense of receiving higher contact, through knowing what things indeed mean in an occult - that is, hidden - way. But the ways are varied and you'd have to find a path that you most resonate with, and feel therefore most inclined towards. Remember to stay grounded as well because that's important to not drift off into imbalance and all the consequences that might ensue out of that.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Bomani 24.08.20 17:07

I'll try to learn a bit more about occultism and the like before I commit to buying this book. I'm still curious? What could happen if I don't air on the side of caution?

Bomani
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Leelahel 09.12.20 19:18

Bomani, if you end up not wanting to keep it you can sell it online. Somebody will be willing to pay for it.

I endorse the purchase.
Leelahel
Leelahel
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2015-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down