"Draugadróttinn: Lord of the Undead" by N.D. Blackwood

5 posters

Go down

"Draugadróttinn: Lord of the Undead" by N.D. Blackwood Empty "Draugadróttinn: Lord of the Undead" by N.D. Blackwood

Post by Vampyre_God94 18.12.21 9:40

Hello y'all,

I've had a copy of this book, "Draugadróttinn: Lord of the Undead" by N.D. Blackwood for quite some time now, and I was wondering what others have thought about it?

It was originally published by the publishing company, 'Become A Living God'. Sadly, the book has completely sold out, and I doubt we'll see reprints anytime soon.

Vampyre_God94
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2021-12-17

Back to top Go down

"Draugadróttinn: Lord of the Undead" by N.D. Blackwood Empty Re: "Draugadróttinn: Lord of the Undead" by N.D. Blackwood

Post by Jonathan 18.12.21 9:54

BALG and Koetting are generally agreed upon as being a fraud.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

"Draugadróttinn: Lord of the Undead" by N.D. Blackwood Empty Re: "Draugadróttinn: Lord of the Undead" by N.D. Blackwood

Post by Vampyre_God94 18.12.21 13:27

Well, BALG has had at least some far more reputable authors over the years such as Bill Duvendack, Asenath Mason, and S. Connolly, but of course, that is not what I'm asking.

Well, what resources would you recommend to practicing vampires that are just starting out? I already have several other books by Michael W. Ford, Michelle Bellanger, and D.H. Thorne regarding the subject matter of psychic vampirism.

Vampyre_God94
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 19.12.21 7:37

Luis Marques is, by a really wide margin, the most authoritative author when it comes to vampirism. All of his books are essentials in any occult library, from the Asetian Bible to the Violet Throne.

Despite the issues with BALG, I can't comment for or against Blackwood as an author since I haven't read the book, so I wouldn't know. As for Michelle Belanger, I'm sure that everyone here will recommend you to toss the book, she is one big fraud in the vampire community similar to Father Sebastiaan and other role-players that often stole from the occult communities throughout the years.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampyre_God94 19.12.21 9:56

Thank you for your suggestions. It's greatly appreciated. I'll definitely have to check out Luis Marques's works when I can.

As for Michelle Belanger, I would have to agree to some extent, as when it came to the section of her "Psychic Vampire Codex" where she talks a bit about the different types of psychic vampires as well as their strengths/weaknesses seemed a bit like LARPing.

As for Father Sebastian, I personally don't have an honest opinion on his work, but he does seem to not have that great of a reputation for one reason or another. I've heard similar things about him from other individuals as well.

As for BALG, I'm personally a fan, but there is huge shit storm surrounding both the company as well as the owners for a while now. It's heartbreaking to see really.

E.A. Koetting's work is being accused of by the BBC for inspiring Danyal Hussein for the murder of two women in the UK. As a result, Facebook has taken down E.A's and Timothy's personal facebook profiles, and Youtube has taken down their main business channel as well. BALG hasn't released any new books in a sometime.

As for the BALG 'community', if you will, it seems like for a while now, there has been a lot of drama going around, beyond the Danyal Hussein criminal case, and I just don't feel comfortable actively socializing with the majority of them.

For example, Orlee Stewart's partner, Yuri 'Joseph' McGlinchey has gone on a crusade, harassing both associated business owners and known mutually shared clients, and trying to convince them of how 'horrible' E.A. is, and what not. Yuri has harassed me as well. Bloody weirdo.

'Black Magic Barbie' Garrett, J.S. Garrett's wife, has recently come out stating that there are a lot of things that have been going on behind the scenes with BALG, that is downright cult-like, and has provided evidence supporting her claims. Barbie Garrett has a much more credible claim to what's been going on, compared to Yuri McGlinchey. Hell, she was one of the associated business owners until recently.

And there has been other stuff going on too within the BALG community, that put simply, are by no means E.A.'s fault. I've fairly recently deleted almost all of my social media accounts as a result of what's been happening over the last few years. Best move I've ever done for my well-being.

Despite it all, I'll still say that I'm a fan of E.A.'s personal works, even if some of them are priced out the ass. I just think that I'll have to limit who I interact with from that community. It really isn't healthy what's been going on. Maybe I am brainwashed, but I'm getting better the more that I distance myself from that crowd. So yay!

Vampyre_God94
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 19.12.21 11:19

Well even though I’m not a fan of Koetting’s work myself I can agree in part with what you’re saying, on how he can’t be made responsible for what idiots and crazy people decide to make. There are always unstable minds out there that can't handle occult teachings and aren't meant to learn magick, it's just the nature of the path I guess. Speaking of the BBC incident, wasn’t Yuri the one leaking much of the information to the press? I heard that he was the one behind much of these campaigns against BALG, recently joined in the scheming by one Anima Noira who I never heard about before. Probably some personal vendetta.
Either way none of these players have access into the actual occult underground, they're just really loud online.

On the other hand Asenath who is published through BALG and other publishers does have some interesting works out there, particularly those on the Qliphoth and the kabbalistic Tree of Death, especially if one is capable of filtering out the certain marketing edginess that is to be found in many of these author’s books.

I think you did well in distancing yourself from that sort of social media dramas. That’s what I have done many years ago when I decided to close my social accounts in most places. Anyways, I hope that you enjoy your time here. There is also an associated Discord community visited by a few top occultists if you wish to check that out.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 19.12.21 15:34

Yuri seems seriously imbalanced and does seem to have a habit of harassing people online. What doesn't make sense to me is that he used to harass (quite strongly) anyone who dared to speak against BALG, when Orlee was associated. Now that playing it the opposite way sells, it's almost like he has a dishonest personal agenda.
Orlee now has the audacity to call herself "the mother of abominations" and sells $750 rituals online, when it's obvious from merely looking at her that she's a new age fluff who can't work a bit of magick.
The online occult scene is indeed a mess where loud voices and dishonesty abound.
The discord community we have is great though. One of the few honest places around, with some respected older Asetianists who have lots of experience.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 19.12.21 17:05

People going around screaming at or harassing others show a clear lack of self-control as well as honest and integrity founded behavior. If they can't control themselves, how can they control magick? If they aren't honest or have any sense of integrity how can they be taken seriously?
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 20.12.21 6:53

That is true. Harassment is never the way. Especially since we all as Asetianists have been frequent targets of harassment for decades and always from the frauds that seek to abuse the tradition. It's fascinating how the wise always admire it while fools always get triggered by it. That alone says so much...
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampyre_God94 20.12.21 19:26

Well said, @MysticLightShinethForth. Smile

And @Rhea Kaye, Orlee's "mother of abominations" was in exaltation of the Thelemic goddess, Babalon. In Orlee's interviews, it was never a title that was claimed by herself.

And both you (Rhea Kaye) and Johnathan have mentioned the discord channel for this forum. Would it be alright if I were to receive a link to the server? Feel free to PM me if you feel comfortable. It would be appreciated.

Vampyre_God94
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 24.12.21 15:53

Vampyre_God94 wrote:And both you (Rhea Kaye) and Johnathan have mentioned the discord channel for this forum. Would it be alright if I were to receive a link to the server? Feel free to PM me if you feel comfortable. It would be appreciated.

Should find it here! Just tested it, should still be an active link. Feel welcome! Smile https://www.vampirismforum.com/t2214-asetianism-discord-invitation
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampyre_God94 24.12.21 16:22

@MysticLightShinethForth Thank you for sharing! On Discord, I'm known as Vampyre.Apprentice94.

Vampyre_God94
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius 08.02.22 12:31

Vampyre_God94 wrote:Hello y'all,

I've had a copy of this book, "Draugadróttinn: Lord of the Undead" by N.D. Blackwood for quite some time now, and I was wondering what others have thought about it?

It was originally published by the publishing company, 'Become A Living God'. Sadly, the book has completely sold out, and I doubt we'll see reprints anytime soon.

A colleague of mine is an actively practicing BALG magician, and this Draugadrottinn is his #1 Bible at the moment.

I have only been able to skim through for a quick analysis so far but it seems to produce an overwhelmingly BALG vibe..
By that I mean the central rituals are based upon connecting with the classical goetic demons. In the begining the reader is encouraged to make a pact with IPOS or some other Demon for the purpose of initiation into Vampirism.

There is a chapter or two about the operandi of Life drain, which is if I recall to feed spiritually from unwitting targets and how to purify the taint in those energies.
Another chapter advises the calling of old European gods like Wodan and Volkv to the intent of developing the power of lycanthropy.
Further on is a chapter dedicated to the invocation of "ascended vampires" from the house of Dracul, amongst some others.
One chapter claims to reveal techniques to make the dead rise to the practitioner's command.

The path of the dragon chapter essentially calls upon four Demon Kings, then all 72 goetia demons to come inside the practitioner and imbue them with the attributes of all the demons ..
At certain parts the practitioner is also advised to call upon Lilith and to merge with her.
These rituals are said to be a Dark form of the Ritual of Abremelin the mage, used in prior times by some clandestine organization called the "Green Order".
The rituals in this chapter are said to facilitate a connection between the practitioner, the Black flame and Guardian Daemon.  

The final chapter I looked into was about Extraterrestrial Vampires.. apparently the operation had been created by a friend of the author who performed the ritual then died some time afterward.
I had higher expectations when I heard about it from my colleague, unfortunately when going through this chapter the invocation was nothing morethan the calling of the name of Nergal a few times followed by some melodramatic petitions in a broken english prose.

Albeit some agreeable tidbits and morsels of food for thought are provided, it seems to be rehashed material from the frozen left-overs of Asenath Mason, Micheal Ford, and other vague sources. Many of the rituals are written in a melodramatic and passive self deprecating tense, like a diminished slave approching a tyrant. I found this unsavory for a so-called grimoire of Vampirism.  
All the same I would like to review some concepts in more detail

P.s To me the price of the Content has been laughable (300+ in the early days of publication) yet there remain many who were, and continue to be all but happy to pay whatever amount for the "secrets"  "revealed" in this book.

Sirius
Beginner
Beginner

Registration date : 2022-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down