German Vampyres?

5 posters

Go down

German Vampyres? Empty German Vampyres?

Post by Matilda 03.02.23 13:45

Something that’s been on my mind for a while. I’m a diligent student of vampirism, as I’m trying to learn as much as I can about not only who I am as a vampyre, but also what’s out there. I realize that I’m never going to stop learning, and that there’s so much out there, and that there are things I will never know in this life time.

That being said, my post today concerns my curiosity about something I heard in passing, so if I spell or describe anything inaccurately, or it’s a complete falsehood altogether, please correct me. Although I am a diligent student, I’ve only been studying a year and often need corrected.

Evidently, there is a group of Vampyres in Germany that are referred to as “wampyres” and I have heard that the path is a dark one, perhaps more so than Draconian Vampyres.

My questions today are these: Is this a legitimate path? Are there resources on this path? And of course, any further discussion you would like to add. Thank you.

Matilda
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2023-02-03

Back to top Go down

German Vampyres? Empty Re: German Vampyres?

Post by Jonathan 03.02.23 16:36

There is no such thing as Draconian Vampires. Vampirism and the Draconian mysteries are two different, albeit connected, paths of magic.

Also I recommend not using the y in vampyres as that is terminology often used by role-players to sound edgy.

Anyways, welcome to the community. Take your time learning the great wealth of information around here, it's not easy. As for resources on genuine vampire tradition, I suggest studying the Asetian path as it's the original one and what everyone of experience would recommend.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3046
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Night1886 04.02.23 5:31

Noctulians and Vampirism are also different traditions? does the book Sekhem Apep contain serious practices of vampirism?

Jonathan wrote:There is no such thing as Draconian Vampires. Vampirism and the Draconian mysteries are two different, albeit connected, paths of magic.

Also I recommend not using the y in vampyres as that is terminology often used by role-players to sound edgy.

Anyways, welcome to the community. Take your time learning the great wealth of information around here, it's not easy. As for resources on genuine vampire tradition, I suggest studying the Asetian path as it's the original one and what everyone of experience would recommend.

Night1886
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2022-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Matilda 04.02.23 10:34

Thank you Johnathan,

I read a short book online that referred to “Draconian Vampyres.” And legitimately thought it was one of many paths one could go on concerning vampirism. I had not seen another perspective to this. If this the case, I can’t be the only one who has made these references. I wonder why “Draconian Vampyres” are written about? I guess more research is needed.

Additionally, I’m curious about the spelling of the word “vampyre.” Wasn't
it originally used to set apart role playing vampires from living vampyres? What happened there?

I want to read the Asesian Bible, it’s next on my list. Of course, being the curious person I am, I had to also look into the temple of Set. I can see why it’s not a favorite.

Thank you for your reply!

Matilda
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2023-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 04.02.23 11:42

Matilda wrote:Additionally, I’m curious about the spelling of the word “vampyre.” Wasn't
it originally used to set apart role playing vampires from living vampyres? What happened there?

It's just the old etymology that has been deprecated from literature. In modern times the correct words are just vampires and vampirism. Some modern groups did adopt the word vampyre with an y to attempt to look fancy and special but those are just cosplaying groups like for example the Strigoi Vii, Sabretooth and Sahjaza, which have nothing to do with occultism and the actual path of vampirism but just dress up as vampires from the movies. lol
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3046
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 04.02.23 14:00

I still find it funny how Dragon Rouge obsessively promotes itself as some kind of a grand Order connected with nothing but the most dark and ancient abyssal dragon forces. Meanwhile, they constantly promote one of those lame lifestylers, “Lord A”, as an integral part of their organization. I always thought it was so hilarious and also nonsensical at the same time. For any Order to be involved with those types, well, I guess it signals being quite unaware not to mention unconnected to those forces in reality.
They seem more and more deprived of a magickal spark, if they ever had one at all, as time goes on. And those who approached DR as a way to live out their fantasies of being in the Aset Ka, they seem more stagnated than ever.

I guess that whole lifestyle/roleplay approach will never fail to kill the magickal spark. Sad but truly enlightening. Lol
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1623
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 07.02.23 8:36

Troublemaker wrote:I still find it funny how Dragon Rouge obsessively promotes itself as some kind of a grand Order connected with nothing but the most dark and ancient abyssal dragon forces. Meanwhile, they constantly promote one of those lame lifestylers, “Lord A”, as an integral part of their organization. I always thought it was so hilarious and also nonsensical at the same time. For any Order to be involved with those types, well, I guess it signals being quite unaware not to mention unconnected to those forces in reality.
They seem more and more deprived of a magickal spark, if they ever had one at all, as time goes on. And those who approached DR as a way to live out their fantasies of being in the Aset Ka, they seem more stagnated than ever.

I guess that whole lifestyle/roleplay approach will never fail to kill the magickal spark. Sad but truly enlightening. Lol

While real vampires do everything to hide their identity, these roleplayers do everything to showcase it. Razz
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1339
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down