What it means to be "Adversarial."

5 posters

Go down

What it means to be "Adversarial." Empty What it means to be "Adversarial."

Post by Tehom 10.01.24 4:51

Putting aside the egoistic nature of most edgy teenagers who've spent a bit too much time in their rebellious phase, to be "Adversarial", in my View, is to openly openly oppose Weakness, Futility, Ignorance, and Falsehood as a result of finding one must protect what is inner crucial to their development and sense of Self.

Many have misappropriated this term using it as a vain excuse to echo their own pathetic, unstable Ego, feeling self-righteous in plain abuse -- nothing more and nothing less. Both deserve that response of Fire, equally.

To my Mind, true Adversarial Nature can only manifest in one who comprehends both Darkness and Light within themselves, and never in pointless superficiality. This is a result of quite sacred Alchemical interaction we've only ever seen made clear in the works of anyone versed in Asetianism from JRR Tolkien in his Middle Earth Saga to Master Marques of the Kemetic Order of Aset Ka.

It is a state, and not mere attitude in genuine cases, to be respected and so never abused.

Speaking to Asetianists, What does being Adversarial mean to you? And as an additional curiosity, have you experienced behavioural shifts towards this within yourself?
Tehom
Tehom
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 237

Back to top Go down

What it means to be "Adversarial." Empty Re: What it means to be "Adversarial."

Post by Troublemaker 19.01.24 11:31

I apologize in advance. I am very squirrel-brained sometimes and I do cherish mayhem, so at times I accidentally derail topics. However, I have a few things to say.
Let’s begin!
Hi Caius.
I know we do not get along all that well, and that is fine. We have even exchanged heated words before. I’m not here to be fake or pose for manipulative purposes, just wanted to check on you and see if you are alright out there.

You know, sometimes conflict breaks out among communities. Sometimes misunderstandings happen and people don’t entirely get along… even among people who have been good friends for years. And that’s totally natural. But there is something protective and empowering about real Asetianists sticking together against all odds and no matter what.
In this community I have found that the people here are more honorable than what can be seen anywhere else in the world, and I say that confidently despite it being a grandiose statement. I have had fights with these people as many have seen - and as many have also experienced themselves.

It takes much courage to be vulnerable. Personally, I can say as an Asetianist that I’ve had very dark moments in that regard, and vulnerability in front of the people in this community has challenged and changed me, to the very core of my being, like nothing else.

I have been very worried about you lately as you seem like you might not be okay. I personally feel it’s a very dangerous state to be in, when also isolating yourself from community. Normally I would not say any of this as it’s each individual’s complete freedom as to where they wish to spend their time. However, you seemed to like the community, before something happened that I’m completely unaware of, and your disappearance looked a little odd?
No worries, I’m not here to press that or intentionally apply pressure. I just meant this as a sort of friendly call-out in a sense.

I have this unfortunate tendency to go too far into detail sometimes. But, maybe this will help someone.

You know, I’ve struggled a whole lot with my mental health. I think when you’re a bit “different” it’s really far more challenging than anyone would think to maneuver normally and manage the onslaught of depression and horrid dark places. There is pain and suffering in those dark dungeons of despair far beyond what most might imagine.

Sometimes the things my friends say to me sting deeply and hurt fiercely. Sometimes it makes me feel ashamed and upset, chaotically wild as I search for my proper footing and find nothing but the Fall. Yet, unlike what we find in human society, these adversarial forces are phenomenally transformative, bringing learning through the lessons of pain. Sometimes in life and in Asetianism you can find the purest and highest forces of love behind a sword.

To me, being adversarial means to fight against all obstacles and odds. That, even when your friends maybe upset you, even when conflict emerges, even beyond any sandstorm, you still eventually bow to them with the respect of warrior comrades in a sense, or partners in this battle that we call life.

To be adversarial is to allow Self to be consumed and unity manifest under the lessons of selflessness and focusing on what really matters in the end.

It’s not an easy fight but it’s worth it in the end.

(PS- these words may be cheesy and lame, but hey, I love cheese. Everyone loves cheese!)
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1612
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehom 19.01.24 21:22

Roll Laugh Right.

Good thing this forum doesn't allow users to delete posts.

The most satisfying thing to do here is to let you believe whatever you want to and leave it at that, so I think that's exactly what I'll do.
You enjoy that character with whoever's wasting their precious time dealing with it. For anyone serious with any queries, my PMs are always open...
Tehom
Tehom
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound 20.01.24 7:22

Vulnerability and the ability to let go is oft the mark of the learned. Chasing control is the antithesis of adversarial in a dominance hungry world.

Also let's not forget how Tolkien is a blatant misogynist and whose private thoughts stand against all reason and what the teachings of the Aset Ka stand for.
Hound
Hound
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2020-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 20.01.24 10:23

In my view, if you take the flaming sword of truth of light and dark in silence and with an introspective gaze and point it at your own heart, you can be adversarial by applying that same force unto the world; but only after conquering it within Self. The Storm and Dragon Fire from within...
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 20.01.24 18:17

Well said, Hound and Mystic!
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1612
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Skotia 21.01.24 8:40

Hound wrote:Vulnerability and the ability to let go is oft the mark of the learned. Chasing control is the antithesis of adversarial in a dominance hungry world.

This is actually something that the masses don't often know or understand, how hiding vulnerability or pretending not to have them is one of the least attractive traits among humanity. In fact, it’s an expression of vulnerability in itself but in a twisted way of misplaced confidence concealing insecurity.

It is through vulnerability that true Spirit emerges I would say.
Selene Skotia
Selene Skotia
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2020-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehom 24.01.24 8:01

Hound wrote:
Hound wrote:Vulnerability and the ability to let go is oft the mark of the learned. Chasing control is the antithesis of adversarial in a dominance hungry world.

Ironically apt.

On that note, not everyone deserves our being publicly open-- this is a public Occult forum that anyone even remotely experienced in energy work will realize is visited by all sorts of characters, motivations high and far low. We are bound only in truth to make decisions in accordance with what is best for the situation that calls for it. That is never to be confused with an unwillingness to be vulnerable or to be conflated with one's silly presumptions gathered from the images projected at them.

In response to your latter comment, though it's not necessarily required:

“All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

I respect the unusual show of genuineness I've found kept going after an intolerable message in this thread so far, personally, so we'll see how things go in that regard. Thanks for the renewed pursuit of serious and considerate discussion. This forum is a place to be respected and I notice we're now coming into that "Fire from the Ashes" period where we'll indeed see the invaluable results of our commitment, in my opinion proudly demonstrating just why that remains the case. That is Asetianism.
Tehom
Tehom
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 28.01.24 5:07

To be adversarial is also to go against the grain. It is to go against the grain of mediocrity, ego and deceit. This manifests on all levels. Mediocrity might manifest itself in different forms as a sluggishness to commit to the work of painstaking excellence. Ego manifests in all too many ways to mention, being the bane of the foolish and unaware not looking within to quell their own noise. Deceit is the comfortable illusionary belief in something that is not rather than facing harsh truth as painful reality but that carries the liberating grasp of a renewed effort in a proper direction as the necessity of work to better themselves. This all bears in common an onslaught toward stagnation. It is to evolve and bear fruit in the direction of gnosis; the tree made so forbidden by the ruling faiths.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehom 29.01.24 9:58

Exactly.
Tehom
Tehom