Aghrab
Jonathan
Daniel09
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Night vs. Day Empty Night vs. Day

Post by empress2k 27.06.09 23:22

I've always being a night creature. Sleeping through schools as a child and reading all night long was my life style all the way through secondary school. As an adult I had to force myself to adjust to day life although I would always shift to the night life whenever I could. The worst time during the day for me is from 12 noon till about 4 pm. That's when I am barely functioning and feel totally numb. Then I start picking up at aboub 5:30 PM and recover my alertness at about 7:00 PM. Today I decided to allow myself go into natural rythm. So after drugging my feet for most of the day I went to bed at 4 PM and was awaken at 10:00 PM. I am so looking forward to a productive night. What about the rest of you?
empress2k
empress2k
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Night vs. Day Empty Re: Night vs. Day

Post by Syrianeh 28.06.09 3:25

I am totally a night person, much like you. At certain times in my life I have been able to live without a fixed schedule, and I would naturally fall into night life, going to bed around 7 a.m. and waking up around 2 or 3 p.m., slowly picking up and then being most active around 8 p.m.

One of my goals is to be able to fall back into that freedom of schedule some day in the not too far away future Smile
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by empress2k 28.06.09 3:31

Yes, I'd love to do that as well. I am training to become a Life-Coach now and once I get that going and have my own practice...Smile I will definately change my whole schedule around. Besides, Sun litterally debilitates me. If I am under direct Sun for more then 5 minutes I feel like a zombie..Smile And if I have to drive in a bright day light I start falling asleep behind the wheel... So I stay inside all the time. So I really see no point of being active during the day.
empress2k
empress2k
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 28.06.09 10:14

I've been a night person all my life. I can function well on little to no sleep in a way most people are envious of. I simply find that my creative and investigative faculties work better at night. When at school, I'm very good in the morning hours while it is still dark, but as the sun intrudes on the classrooms, I can find myself dilly-dallying. It's not because I'm just not a day person. I simply become uncomfortable under light. Heck, I even developed a sneeze reflex to light that's too bright.

But yeah, at night it's always easier for me to figure things out. My mind just kinda works faster, and I often wish school was held at night.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 28.06.09 11:47

I identify myself much with the presented views, tendencies and lifestyles. I also tend to function far better during night, and during day time I am more lethargic and numb. However, many times due to mundane world obligations, I can't maintain a strictly night-based schedule.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by empress2k 28.06.09 12:13

Daniel09 wrote:

But yeah, at night it's always easier for me to figure things out. My mind just kinda works faster, and I often wish school was held at night.

Which is one of the reason's I love reading "House of Night" series.. the who concept of having school at night just sooo appealing. I think one day it will happen..Smile We should hope so if not for the sake of others... World should acknowledge that not everyone is on the same clock..

While in highschool I used to stay up all night, then get up, put on my uniform and go upstairs to my friends apartment to sleep. Hence, I missed more then half of my 9th grade. In the 10th grade we moved and I would simply fall asleep in the classroom. Now I try to take naps at work. I do need my sleep, only I need it during the day..lol
empress2k
empress2k
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghrab 29.06.09 17:45

I find night to be the only time that I can feel spiritual
enough, for example, to pick up my AB and read through it with a
more calm mind. I believe this is due to the fact that in daytime,
streets are crowded with people, you hear cars, people talking, T.V
and everything distracting, but at night all those annoying noises
are silenced, no one around...

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by empress2k 29.06.09 18:02

Aghrab wrote:but at night all those annoying noises
are silenced, no one around...

Aghrab

Yes, nights are quiter, also traditionally most spiritual studies have being done at 4 am. For instance the monks in many traditions rise at that time for their morning prayer and conteplations. I also read that serious Quabbala studens start studying at 4 am to catch that energy. However, for me the pick time for mental activities is between 11 pm and 3 am. Then I start winding down. Still lots of energy but not as receptive. Never the less, when it comes to reading, I read all the time..Smile I read when I eat, I read when I walk from my parking lot to my office (it's about 7 min walk), I read in an elevator at work. I even read in the car.. while waiting for the green light.. I know it's dangerous but..Smile so far no problems here.
empress2k
empress2k
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by goingpostal 29.06.09 19:28

its been a while sence i was last on... so i got to catch up on the forum...
anyways i have always prefered night over day because the day is distracting and the sunlight problem...
but the mundane world holds most of us back. wouldnt it be awesome if we could withdrawal from the world and live in some Asetian setting with no mundane problems Smile
goingpostal
goingpostal
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by goingpostal 29.06.09 20:28

ooooo.... another interesting question: does anybody else have realy good night vision or have i been eating to many carrots?
goingpostal
goingpostal
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 29.06.09 20:45

I have good night vision, but I've never tested it. I have experienced pitch black, and it's quite enjoyable. I like not being able to see anything. The downside is that if I slip into a meditative state I will start seeing colors against the blackness, and that's just annoying. I have to keep my mind un-calm, lol.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by goingpostal 29.06.09 22:37

i have the same color problem
goingpostal
goingpostal
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by empress2k 29.06.09 23:34

I've always had an excellent night vision. My eyes feel much more comfortable in the light and I can ever read a book. In fact, as a child, I had to sleep with light on because otherwise I would see things I did not want to see..Smile so the light kept me safe..lol
empress2k
empress2k
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by empress2k 29.06.09 23:43

empress2k wrote:My eyes feel much more comfortable in the light
I ment in the NIGHT... sunlight makes me feel lethargic and hurts my eyes.
empress2k
empress2k
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Talibah 30.06.09 1:29

I have noticed that I have also posted something similar to this in the off topic section, and would like to apologise for the seemingly repeatitive nature of my post. However, I was hoping to parallel this subject rather than overshadow it by asking another question mid-topic, by specifically targeting the dawn and dusk times of the day.

I trust this is alright with everyone.

As for night V's day I believe there are qualitites for both. I find it easier to relax during darkened hours, ebcause of the stillness. But I also find equal comfort in the heightened feel of daylight too. Although I am no sun seeker, I find a particular beauty in the rising of the sun and the way the world comes to life because of it.
Talibah
Talibah
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by goingpostal 30.06.09 12:42

i wonder if the start of the "day" was sunset and the sunrise was the end of the day for Asetians. wich would answer my question i posted about if they were active at night instead of the day Smile
goingpostal
goingpostal
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 30.06.09 13:02

In Ancient Egypt, dawn was the symbol of rebirth, when Ra (the Sun God) was born again into the world. Slowly, throughout the day, he would cross the sky in his chariot and die, going back into the world of shadows.

So I would guess that Asetians most likely follow that cycle of rebirth-death, where dawn is that time when energy flows anew, a sort of purification. Incidentally, all purification rituals took place in early morning, just before the break of dawn (birth of Ra). Before any important event, Kings had to rise at the wee hours and be purified by cleansing rituals which included saluting the Sun.

Dusk would then mean the entering the world of shadows, the death of the Sun, which energetically is also a very important moment as it is when it becomes easier to open up to other planes.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 30.06.09 13:07

Very well put, Syrianeh.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 30.06.09 13:12

Why, thanks Smile Faraoh
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by empress2k 30.06.09 14:34

Syrianeh wrote:Dusk would then mean the entering the world of shadows, the death of the Sun, which energetically is also a very important moment as it is when it becomes easier to open up to other planes.

Yes, very well said, Syrianeh. I think the Sun cycle works well with those who are very connected to the physical realm and physical cycles. For me it was always backwords, primary because I am checked out...Smile most of the time. Being grounded in here and now is always a struggle, particularly during the day. When I am driving I have to be on the phone talking to someone otherwise I am in my own world. I am lucky to have a good "auto-pilot"..Smile Although I did manage to hit a pedestrian one time..Embarassed
empress2k
empress2k
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Talibah 01.07.09 2:29

Night and day may create preferences from individual to individual for any reason. But there is a balance created between the two that goes beyond that. A subtle and spiritual connection that deserves equal attention and praise.

Whilst certain times of the day are more likely to invoke particular emotional states within an individual, it should not be dismissed that at other times, different states can also be achieved. It is worth experimenting beyond the norm, to discover what may lie hidden there.
Talibah
Talibah
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by empress2k 01.07.09 8:43

You are absolutely right! Experimenting and observing are the keys to unerstanding..Smile
empress2k
empress2k
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by YunGuns 01.07.09 12:46

I've always felt more awake and alive at night. I was so happy when I had an overnight job. I literally came home at 7am and slept until 8pm and then I got my day started. I can't stand sunlight. It feels like my skull is on fire when I walk outside during the day.
YunGuns
YunGuns
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-06-27

http://www.myspace.com/bleedgophers

Back to top Go down

Post by Karnath 03.07.09 16:27

Greetings.

Through the Night, everything's much more calm, meditative, and it's much easier to focus. If I could, I would take a life in Night only. But let us just be objective, and we'll find this is quite impossible nowadays, at least if we want to keep a normal job or study. We can always go for securities at hospitals or something, in the night shift. I don't see how we would enjoy the Night, anyway. For us to enjoy a Nightly Life, we could either be financially very well supported, like having very rich parents, we could be very rich after a life of hard working; both of the options quite eccentric... Or we could take an even more eccentric behavior, flying from pole to pole, chasing the semestral shift from night to day, back to night. Either way, you must be very rich.

Something I've tried, was making my life mostly at night. Going to university at 7 AM, getting home around 5 PM, sleeping, waking at 10 PM, and enjoying the rest of the night till 7 PM. I wasn't able to sleep 5 hours every night, that's something I can't do repeatedly, I will be asleep the rest of the day.

Now it's impossible. On holidays, I do something approximate.

Best regards,
Karnath.
Karnath
Karnath
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotaro 04.07.09 0:15

Just my thoughts on the original topic, I am a night person also. I feel the best at around 10pm. I enjoy a walk at night too.
Kotaro
Kotaro
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next