ModernAriel
Daniel09
Victor
Syrianeh
8 posters

Go down

dawn and dusk. Empty dawn and dusk.

Post by Talibah 30.06.09 1:04

I just wanted to share something with everyone, and maybe gauge a few thoughts.

This morning, I stepped outside and spent some time quietly meditating as the sun rose. I am lucky enough to live in the countryside, next to wide sweeping fields edged with forest, and the eastern sky is an uninterrupted stretch of silver blue at dawn.

The dawn chorus of birds was soothing and at the same time invigorating, and I was overwhelmed with such a sense of uplifting calm that every negative impulse I was harbouring simply drained away.

I felt connected and comforted, and yet so much smaller than I had ever imagined I could feel, but was in no way unnerved by the sensation.

Has anyone else taken the time to feel this most special time of the day, or indeed it's equal and opposite at the end of the day?
Do you feel meditation at these times is different from any other, and if so, would you be willing to share this?

Talibah
Talibah
Talibah
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

dawn and dusk. Empty Re: dawn and dusk.

Post by Syrianeh 30.06.09 1:12

Unfortunately I am not so lucky as you, as I live in an urban jungle. But whenever I have had the chance to be out in the open I find that there is indeed quite a difference between dawn and dusk. At dawn I feel much more in synch with nature, more organic, perhaps because the world is waking up in its full splendour and I can feel its presence softly lifting itself from the veil of night.

Whenever this has happened it was, however, because I was about to go to sleep. My senses were thus not as heightened as they might have been if I actually woke up in the early hours to greet the dawn.

At night it's a different story. After dusk, the world is asleep and it's the reign of shadows. I feel then that my feelings while meditating and contemplating are much more introspecive and there is much imagery of hidden forms and meanings.

Hope this somehow helped.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 30.06.09 8:44

You also appear to live close to some of the most powerful ley lines........have you ever visted those sites during the approaching dawn. You can really become part of a new experience.

Regards,

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 30.06.09 9:32

Maxx wrote:You also appear to live close to some of the most powerful ley lines........have you ever visted those sites during the approaching dawn. You can really become part of a new experience.

Regards,

Maxx

Maxx, was this intended for me or for Talibah?
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 30.06.09 10:28

Both of you are in the areas I was referring to.....

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 30.06.09 10:36

Sunset and Sunrise are purely magickal times of the day, where the realms interconnect and moments of a very special energy. Both are different, but each has its own magick and feel. The metaphysical and spiritual importance of those moments in the Asetian tradition is well explained within the Asetian Bible, and from an outsider's view, I must say it makes full sense in terms of metaphysics. Exploring the hidden forces of those moments through the harnessing of the powers of nature is part of the practices of every living Vampire.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 30.06.09 10:45

I suppose I should make it a goal to observe these moments. I have always felt a kind of magical sensation when I am outside during sunrise, however, those feelings are so old that I doubt I'll be able to experience it again. The air even smells different just before the sun.

I'll make sure I plan this, because it certainly sounds like it's something to behold, even by the Asetian Bible.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ModernAriel 30.06.09 12:23

Twilight. I use to climb out of my bedroom and just watch the sunlight fade, you get the most amazing rush when you see pure colors not even a painter can create.
ModernAriel
ModernAriel
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 30.06.09 13:10

Maxx, I have never ventured to a ley line, not consciously that is, but since you mention it I should keep it in mind, next time I am in UK

Does any of them come near Spain??
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghrab 30.06.09 14:05

Well said, Victor.

Sunset and Sunrise are two very special moments of the day to the Asetians... however, we all can easily witness the beauty of those moments. The beginning of a new day and its end, when silence begins... I am more fond of sunsets than sunrises, due to the problem I recently mentioned about living in the city, with cars, sound of people... However, if I had the chance to live in a quiet place with no cars and no people around, I would simply adore sunrise.

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by empress2k 30.06.09 14:15

Talibah wrote:

Has anyone else taken the time to feel this most special time of the day, or indeed it's equal and opposite at the end of the day?
Do you feel meditation at these times is different from any other, and if so, would you be willing to share this?

Talibah

What a beautiful and highly poetic topic you brough up, Talibah! Love it!

My personal experience.... I absolutely connect to both times of the cycle. Because of my nocturnal nature Dawn for me for years has been associated with a feeling of winding down to go to rest. My mind noticably slows down and I feel at peace. In fact I can pretty much say that everytime I would go to bed at Dawn I would get the best quality of sleep no matter how short it would be.

Twilight is a whole another story..Smile I start picking up steam at Magic Hour (about 45 min before Sunset) and by Twilight I am fully alert.
empress2k
empress2k
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 30.06.09 16:06

I was in a place called Acoma or Sky City that is a sacred place for the Indian Tribes at dusk. It is on the NW side of the reservation. In a canyon where the sun placed special shadows on the walls of the rocks, time began to move at a fast pace and picked up a swirling sound of the Wind as if it separated me from the physical reality. Dark shadows filled the air as well as different colored rays of light. I was alone.
Beings would seem to float by and look my way but never bothered me. I was in awe. I walked to the edge of a ledge and took in the whole panoramic display as I knew it was arranged just for me. I sat down and spent two to three hours there according to my watch. When I returned to self, the day had turned to night and I was left with a sorrowful filling of love for the granduer around me.......but its time had given way to the darkness. A special feeling or longing for what ever the energy was that filled that entire canyon that day, I carried with me for seven to ten days before it dissipated.........But it returns every so often at times when I can see it all before me. The beauty was indescribable. It keeps calling me back.....and I will return.

Maxxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by empress2k 30.06.09 17:41

That was a truly mystic experience that you had Maxx. Beautiful! Some say that this is one of the true ways of experiencing Divine while here on Earth.
empress2k
empress2k
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 30.06.09 18:49

It was a different reality.

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by empress2k 30.06.09 22:29

That's what mystic experience is... Smile when you transcend physical reality into a different realm.. But I am sure you knew that.
empress2k
empress2k
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Talibah 01.07.09 0:45

Maxx Wrote:
You also appear to live close to some of the most powerful ley lines........have you ever visted those sites during the approaching dawn. You can really become part of a new experience.

Actually, I have. The famous Rollright Stone Circle is only a matter of a few miles away, and is a wonderful place to sit and contemplate during the day, and especially at dawn and dusk. The energy within the circle differs quite significantly from that outside of it.

The Rollright Stone circle is the beginning of a 16 mile long ley line, which is intersected by many others criss-crossing this and neighbouring counties.

Aghrab Wrote:
I am more fond of sunsets than sunrises, due to the problem I recently mentioned about living in the city, with cars, sound of people...

Light and noise (and people) pollution, strips us of the most magical moments the days' cycle has to offer in these 'modern' times.
Imagine how wonderful it must have been before such interference became so abundant and widespread.
Talibah
Talibah
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: