kameetrei
Ankhhape
Maxx
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Obstacles along the way - Page 2 Empty Re: Obstacles along the way

Post by Victor 21.07.11 5:08

Aurora, your changes in life are a good example. You broke out of your own chains and started living and seeking what truly matters: the soul. A lesson to the Will of many.

Talibah and Jonathan, honesty is among the qualities most valued by the Asetians and the great masters. A quality only found in those of courage and purity.

Dishonesty is a song of cowards. The catalysts are ego and fear, but the signs are for lack of evolution.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 21.07.11 14:29

You mentioned an important thing, Victor. We all talk about different ways but you touched on the spot.
"started living and seeking what truly matters: the soul. A lesson to the Will of many."
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 21.07.11 16:22

It was a very good idea to revive this post. I've been thinking about it for a couple of days now.

Talibah said two years ago that "... it is also my belief, that these obstacles evolve with time, to match the level of the individual, creating harder and harder barriers to navigate."

I would respond: yes, in retrospective that is how it's been for me. I have overcome the greater initial obstacles but now there are new ones in my way. Obstacles change, and perhaps as you advance in your path you are a bit more prepared to face and resolve them.

Initially, my greatest obstacles had to do with distance, time and the solitude of no personal contact to those who were akin to my quest. I have come to understand that those things are not as important as they seem. Distance is nothing in this realm, time can be used as an asset and solitude is also a great teacher. Also, I have found an excellent network and forged some hopefully long lasting relationships very ripe in the exchange of support and learning.

The other great obstacle, which we all fight against at one point or another, is Ego. As Nebibi very wisely says, it is a veil which, once lifted, can let you see more clearly. I am and will always be fighting it, to some degree, but the fight is different as it becomes much less of a foe and more of a shadow.

Good doses of honesty and humility have also served their purpose. I might not have resolved many of my downfalls, some of which are slowing down my progression, but I am much more aware of them than ever before. I no longer blame the world or other people for them, and having taken full responsibility I am much more prepared to be honest with myself and work on them.

And there's so much gained.

I have understood that the links that were established before will resurface eventually. Some already have.

I have left behind many fears, and done many things that I kept postponing.

I have traveled to Kemet. I have opened up and listened. I have felt.

I no longer question my Path nor my link to the Asetian tradition. It is as natural as the body I inhabit.

The new obstacles are more abstract, as they have to do with my view of the world and its forms, and of course getting at the core of my Self.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have helped along the way and still are. I only hope to be able to offer as much in return.

Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 21.07.11 16:25

Sungodaurora, I would like to express that I admire your courage. I hope your new life is as fulfilling as you expect it to be.

Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nebibi 21.07.11 16:51

That was a beautiful post Syrianeh, I am glad honesty is being valued here.
SungodAurora, it is good to see someone pursuing what they Will so that they can grow. It takes a lot of courage.
Nebibi
Nebibi
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 21.07.11 17:23

Syrianeh Smile ****
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by sungodaurora 21.07.11 18:03

Thank You, Victor.
Thank You, Syrianeh.
Thank You, Nebibi.
I never expect or assume...I can only try, with this I have accomplished many things...Smile

sungodaurora
sungodaurora
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2