Aghrab
Talibah
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A couple of Q's about the AB - Page 2 Empty Re: A couple of Q's about the AB

Post by RudraShiva 26.09.09 3:39

Hi Phoenix.

If I understood Daniel09 correctly, we both have the same opinion or views on this subject. And well, we never said that Aset is of secondary importance to Asetians. Actually Daniel09 said quite the oppositte. The problem here is "the how": how to understand the gods in general and, more specifically, how to understand Aset.

Reading the Asetian Bible I still don´t know how the Aset Ka understand their goddess. Is Aset a symbol, a metaphor for some kind of "cosmic reality"? Or is she a divine being with a personality ? Well, it seems to be the second option, however we don´t know the nature of such a divine personality. Do the gods and goddesses need worship? If so, why?

The 90% of people in this "Aeon" tend to view the gods as beings that may have supernatural powers whose existence is in a different "plane of reality". But they also view these "beings" as having a human personality. That is, they assume that the gods may have thoughts, emotions, feelings, memories, passions etc.

Well....personally, I don´t have that perspective. To me the gods are beyond the human definition of life and therefore can not be viewed under a human perspective. This is the reason behind invocation in my opinion: to bring the divine forces to your own consciousness and to became a part of them. YOU became the gods, therefore there is not need of "worship", at least not in that human and personal way. You don´t worship an ego, a personality, you worship something beyond that.

But again, this depends on the how. If you view the different gods and goddesses as cosmic forces then your approach will be very different to an approach based on the divine as having a human personality.

I think these two perspectives, when taking to an extreme, result in two different realities:

1) The materialistic: because the gods represent "cosmic forces", they are just symbols and metaphors for natural phenomenon. Ancient civilization used this model because they couldn´t understand the physical world.

2) The fantastic: the gods are living beings with a personality. They exist in a different plane and have supernatural powers. They are like humans, however more powerfull.

Explained under a "rational" perspective, the only system I have found that seems to reconciliate these two contradictory models is the Order of Nine Angles: the gods exist, and in fact they are alive. They exist in a different universe known as "the Acausal". Because the Acausal is beyond rationality, the gods are, therefore, beyond our human consciousness, which is rational. They manifest in us through words, form, symbols, images and personality because that is the way our consciousness understand reality. We could say that this personality is "real", however is just a very superficial stage on your spiritual development because, in the end, the gods are beyond all that.

(This is just a model that, obviously doesn´t give all the answers. It is an hypothesis that I particularly like and use. It was also a very brief explanation. The subject gets more complex since the ONA system is holistic and views the gods as "cosmic forces".)

The Asetians´souls are of Aset essence. However, because I don´t know what, in essence, Aset is, all I can do is to image what that sentence may mean.

I don´t believe, however, that Asetians worship Aset as an ego.
RudraShiva
RudraShiva
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by RudraShiva 26.09.09 4:01

Just one more thing: why is it common for the gods to have different and multiple manifestations? Aset is the goddess of 1000 names. This means 1000 different personalities.

For a god to have such an incredible amount of names/personalities, it must be an enormous "energy", an amazing and astonishing essence so big that it has manifested in 1000 different ways.

Using the model I explained before (the ONA model) we could say, however, that those manifestations are an illusion: they are not manifestation but "interpretations". They are the way by which our consciousness try to represent and understand such a force.

The real thing, however, is the force itself, not the representations.
RudraShiva
RudraShiva
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 26.09.09 11:11

Aset is the goddess of 1000 names. This means 1000 different personalities.
For me it would be more along the lines of 500 'names' because each name consists of a dualistic extreme, but that is nit picking!

. . . someone would definitively and with the full authority of the Aset Ka inform us what "Asetianism" truly is.
Although it may be definitive, what I have say is far from authorized by the AK.

"Asetianism is about loving Aset, unconditionally embracing life and honoring the divine within."

Asetianism is a 'tradition' based on balance. It is also called a religion in the AB. This whole system embraces the concept of duality as the yin yang symbolizes. This is best understand from the Hermetic Axiom "all truths are but half-truths". Opposites are really only two extremes of the same thing.

This principle is central to the Asetian tradition and through understanding, acknowledgment and mastery of this principle is the key to the balance sought in Asetianism.

Asetianism promotes the development of the Self, not in the sense that Satanism or Luciferianism does, for Asetianism is against futile cultivation of the ego and ego worship, it is the evolution and deep manifestation of the Self through spirituality and mind and body with tools, symbols and magick . . . the true science of alchemy.
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by JWG 26.09.09 13:33

Very well, Ankhhape. I concur.
JWG
JWG
Beginner