Vegetarian Diets

+2
Daniel09
Ankhhape
6 posters

Go down

Vegetarian Diets Empty Vegetarian Diets

Post by Daniel09 11.10.09 22:14

I have a question for the older members or even younger members who have experience in it. Do you know if living a vegetarian lifestyle is indeed healthier than living a lifestyle where one eats cooked meats on a daily basis? I am considering becoming a vegetarian for health purposes, and am curious for any information anyone can supply.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Vegetarian Diets Empty Re: Vegetarian Diets

Post by Ankhhape 12.10.09 6:15

Of course it is. Even better is a raw food diet. When I was younger I was a strict vegetarian, but these days I balance my diet with mostly fish and very very little red meat and try to adhere to the raw food diet some of the week. I fast before any spiritual events that are coming up, including shows I am playing (which will be more frequent).

All in all one should try to consume healthy and nutritious foods, there is a good book on Amazon about Egyptian diet
http://www.amazon.com/Kemetic-Diet-Holistic-Egyptian-Teachings/dp/1884564496/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3MK011BVFULXY&colid=2GSFK4DWB9BJR
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 17.10.09 22:51

Yeah, I've come to determine that I wish to follow a non-meat or pescetarian diet, in which red meats, poultry, and such are avoided. This is because I have found that seafood does not have any of the health problems land animals seem to, and it would seem to me that the human body is not any of the three basic classifications of animal we have come to know and love. It doesn't fit carnivore because we can't eat raw meat. It doesn't fit omnivore completely because, well, we can't eat raw meat. It does fit herbivore in a way because we can survive off plants only, but our bodies require proteins, which is not available in most plants, and would not be a natural survival requirement to only eat plants.

A fourth class, in which one eats fish and plants, seems to fit humans completely, as fish contain the necessary proteins and fats we need, and plants contain the nutrients. It's not truly omnivore, though it could technically fall under it if fish is considered meat. I think it should be it's own separate class of species.

Also, as with cats, I find that they are not carnivores either, but more like omnivores as well, because they eat plants out of instinct to fix their digestion, and are strongly attracted to seafood. They may not be totally healthy with just meaty cat-food, evidenced by the number of obese cats. I believe that really a new class of special diet needs to be established and applied.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Saylamine 24.10.09 22:14

I eat a vegetarian diet mostly because heavy meats do a number on my stomach. When I was younger, meats, especially beef and pork, seemed to make me really sick quite often. It runs in my family, I think. Also, being vegetarian makes me feel "lighter". I'm not sure if I can find a better way to describe it. I think meats cloud my energy somehow.
Saylamine
Saylamine
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix 24.10.09 23:14

I have cut down my intake of meat and fowl considerably. Not due to dietary reasons, though. I feel that I can evolve faster without the flesh and unnecessary deaths of higher creatures holding me down.
Phoenix
Phoenix
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by AnaInDark 24.10.09 23:35

Saylamine wrote:I eat a vegetarian diet mostly because heavy meats do a number on my stomach. When I was younger, meats, especially beef and pork, seemed to make me really sick quite often. It runs in my family, I think. Also, being vegetarian makes me feel "lighter". I'm not sure if I can find a better way to describe it. I think meats cloud my energy somehow.
I can clearly understand what you feel when you eat meat. I tend to feel less 'clean', energetically, when I eat meat, compared to days when I have nothing but soups and vegetables. I am unsure of the reason. And as you said, I can relate to feeling 'lighter'.
AnaInDark
AnaInDark
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-09-11

http://www.twitter.com/AnaInDark

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 24.10.09 23:39

It is probably related to the treatment of the meat. It is slaughtered and then sent through a very disgusting process which I'm certain leaves the meat basically lifeless. It feels heavy because there is no energy left in it at all to absorb. It is just matter your body is breaking down mixed with many chemicals your body doesn't understand.

Vegetables can have this problem, but it is not seen quite as often, especially with fresh produce. The energy of plants tends to stay with them much longer and stronger.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Kahina 27.10.09 16:16

I think that a vegetarian diet is a good option. We aren't so much affected energetically.

Some nutrients are more present in meat and fish, but we can replaced it by vitamins.

Unfortunately, for health reasons, I can't have a vegetarian diet.
Some components of vegetables reduces me the platelets in the blood. My blood turn too fluid if I'm not be careful with the quantities of vegetables. =x
Kahina
Kahina
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: