Is anyone here a Shifter?

+2
RudraShiva
ElizabethBathory
6 posters

Go down

Is anyone here a Shifter? Empty Is anyone here a Shifter?

Post by manwolf15 16.12.09 9:42

Shifting, in general, means times when animalistic aspects become, dominant over human aspects of the person's personality or spiritual form. This may include, but not be limited to, feelings of "phantom limbs" or fur, keener senses, desires to bite or hunt, feelings of instincts not usual to humans, etc. This is distinct from invocation of a totem entity, or from any state induced by drugs or guided trances, as it is natural to the individual in question and can generally be easily called upon through simple concentration or will. Occasionally it is involuntary, but generally not to extremes (making it distinct, in the case of m-shifting, from psychological lycanthropy). M-shifting may be minor (animalistic aspects come to the forefront, but only in small ways, and the human persona remains dominant) or major (the therian can no longer speak, may have trouble walking upright, and can no longer behave in a human fashion).
manwolf15
manwolf15
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-06-17

http://innerbeast.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Is anyone here a Shifter? Empty Re: Is anyone here a Shifter?

Post by ElizabethBathory 16.12.09 9:52

I saw you on another forum--a forum where
they somehow got little old me who hates internet drama into some big
thing. And they were so nasty to me that I took it as them volunteering
for me to practice some techniques on them. Anyway, the point I am
getting to is that one of them did turn out to be a shifter in the
astral. I sensed very animalistic and wolf-like qualities, like
growling. So no, I am not, but I can now say I have experience with such beings.
ElizabethBathory
ElizabethBathory
Banned

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RudraShiva 16.12.09 12:30

Hello manwolf15

What you describe on your post is very similar to the "atavistic resurgence" theory of Austin Osman Spare. If you are interested, Michael Ford deals with this topic on his Book of the Witchmoon.

Although not maybe what you describe, I have experience similar phenomena on the astral, where I have changed my appearance into that of a werewolf and have roamed those planes in search for life-force and sexual energy.
RudraShiva
RudraShiva
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 17.12.09 14:59

I occasionally have aspects of animosity. I don't ever feel phantom limbs, but I do become far... quicker and a bit more cat-like. I love tigers, and once in a while I like to become one in the astral, but it's not often anymore. Hehe, I have had some fun times when I feel like a tiger. But I don't think I'm a therian. That is just something I have learned to do, because I'm very good at mimicry. I'm sure if I studied, say, a wolf, or a dragon as much as I study tigers, I would begin randomly exhibiting traits of them, just because I absorb things like that, and put them to use for increased agility, strength ect. Just use an animal's techniques, and it can be quite beneficial, kind of like a martial artist does, and which brings to mind my mimicry of monkeys as well, for quickness in acrobatics.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by manwolf15 18.12.09 8:08

Thanks all for your reply's,the reason i ask is because I am one but I don't consider myself therian I just call myself a shifter I can do all the Different shifts.Well again thanks all and if anyone is more interested you can check out my website at
http://moviesmine.yolasite.com LOL thats more of a cover name but if you wont let me know what you think about the web site.
manwolf15
manwolf15
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by manwolf15 18.12.09 8:12

Oh and ElizabethBathory I'm sorry they where so mean to you they tend to do that,they also do it to each other as well.
manwolf15
manwolf15
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by lucienvonwolfe 16.01.10 11:03

A "shifter" in the non-physical sense, yes. I am very much the Wolf. I am pack oriented, loyal and protective. While I have a predatory nature as Vampire also, I feel a deep connection with Wolf.
lucienvonwolfe
lucienvonwolfe
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-01-11

http://lvonwolfe.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 16.01.10 16:57

lucienvonwolfe wrote:A "shifter" in the non-physical sense, yes. I am very much the Wolf. I am pack oriented, loyal and protective. While I have a predatory nature as Vampire also, I feel a deep connection with Wolf.
I believe that the archetypical side of the wolf, like you said the sense of loyalty and protection, the kin senses and predatory nature, are all characteristics of the living vampire, no? At least the vampire in the sense that the Asetians describe it.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3046
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 16.01.10 17:00

Also the non-physical aspect of shifting, forgot to comment on it. In the Asetian Bible, Luis Marques explains how vampires easily shift their appearance and shape in another planes, like the astral realm. Being natural shape-shifters of the subtle reality.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3046
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by lucienvonwolfe 16.01.10 20:07

Jonathan wrote:
I believe that the archetypical side of the wolf, like you said the sense of loyalty and protection, the kin senses and predatory nature, are all characteristics of the living vampire, no? At least the vampire in the sense that the Asetians describe it.

Yes, absolutely. I am Vampire with a connection to Wolf. I see many parallels between the two and while I have spend many years delving into vampirism, I am now also exploring other aspects of myself. It is another extension of my predatory nature.
lucienvonwolfe
lucienvonwolfe
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-01-11

http://lvonwolfe.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down