liturature

2 posters

Go down

liturature Empty liturature

Post by schitzophobic 19.06.12 15:32

I have seen a recuring theme in some of the threads which has inspired a question. The accuracy and factuality of various texts and authers has been questioned or outright disproven in several instances. Thus I would like to know in all of your opinions what texts besides the AB are reliable and which works you would recomend to someone in the infancy stage of their research? Which texts should one avoid? I would also like to keep in mind the progression process. Some texts may require a more expierinced audience whereas some are purposefully geared towards the initiate.

Thank you and with all respect
Skitz
schitzophobic
schitzophobic
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-06-05

Back to top Go down

liturature Empty Re: liturature

Post by Jonathan 19.06.12 15:44

I find it hard to answer to your question. The occult is such a broad field, there are so many great books as well as really bad ones. It all comes up to what you wish to learn and what occult subjects you're interested in. There's much to learn!
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 19.06.12 15:46

Also people like Victor, Maxx and Maktub would probably point you to books that are not really public so those are hard to get unless you have access to private libraries within occult orders, making it hard for us to get a hang of such little gems. study
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by schitzophobic 19.06.12 16:24

Unfortunately that is some of the issue I've run into. Most texts I've read fail under slight scrutiny and almost always amounts to nothing more than speculation, some falling into pure and blatent fantasy. I have limited access to liturature and although my internet access isn't restricted. Most ebooks tend to fall into the fantasy side I find.
schitzophobic
schitzophobic
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by schitzophobic 19.06.12 22:50

I'm at the moment most interested in historical references. I know that the spiritual side will take time to learn. However a history af vampirism would be of interest to me. Also I know more of ancient times in southeast asia and northeast europe than I do about egypt. A sourcebook that would help me understand more of the AB when my copy arrives would be wonderful.

Thank you jonathan. I am very bad at formulating my thoughts into words and can sometimes be excessively vague or come across confusingly or seemingly off topic.

I think a simple list of your top two or three most favorite reads and a single one to avoid would be a helpful and appealing direction to take this thread to make it a more interesting discussion for others as well...
schitzophobic
schitzophobic
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: