Defining Asetianism

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Defining Asetianism

Post by Primus Erebus Magnus on 24.07.14 10:56

How do you define Asetianism?

A philosophy? Spiritual path? Magic? Religion?

I've read a lot about this tradition, but I really don't get it.

Ok, I don't own an Asetian Bible (and I don't intend to buy it, yet), but I've seen many articles (and topics on this forum) about it.
Still, I'm curious how Asetians define their path.

What I really ask is: What is Asetianism for YOU?
avatar
Primus Erebus Magnus
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 33
Location : Europe
Registration date : 2014-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Defining Asetianism

Post by Tehom on 25.07.14 2:34

To me, Asetianism is a way of life, rather than some ancient taboo religion as some have made it out to be. It is to walk freely, but focused, on the path of Aset, and to appreciate life for it's divine beauty and essence in all forms. I do not speak of encouraging one's own ignorance of it's faults, of course, but I am indeed suggesting the literal love of life. Asetianism teaches one to grasp the knowledge of an Ancient.. to learn and understand the essence of metaphysics and the Universe itself. To feel and know the divinity in purity.. and witness beauty in all there is to be seen. To be unbound of previous shackles and restraints, and to be rekindled to the primordial spirituality of existence completely, with respect and honour of knowledge being of upmost importance. It is both philosophy and spiritual path.. both magic and religion, but unbound by Abrahamic principles that prevent enlightenment and spiritual entrapment.

It holds too much beauty for my words to truly describe to you.. for what I have typed here does not come close to fully defining just what Asetianism is to me. It must be discovered by your Self, which is why reading the Asetian Bible is greatly encouraged. You will have a greater understanding of Asetianism after your reading of it.
avatar
Tehom
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 60
Location : Where all else is.
Registration date : 2014-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Defining Asetianism

Post by Primus Erebus Magnus on 25.07.14 8:08

Interesting.

And how do people find out that they are Asetians?
I mean: I saw on the forum that there are different houses / chapters, and every "incarnated" Asetian has a house-based soul.

How do you know which type of soul you are / have?
avatar
Primus Erebus Magnus
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 33
Location : Europe
Registration date : 2014-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Defining Asetianism

Post by Stapleraindrop on 25.07.14 8:37

There's a bit about that in the bible, which is why it so so often recommended here, as many people see it as a foundation of modern Asetian teachings.

As for finding your soul... I hear there's this little library just kind of chilling in the center of an empyrean world of fire and life. Through the flame, the phoenix will be reborn unto his true self.
avatar
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 540
Location : Canada
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Defining Asetianism

Post by Kalb on 25.07.14 9:46

Well said, Tehom. Nice read yours words.
avatar
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1253
Location : Some part of infinite universe...
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Re: Defining Asetianism

Post by Primus Erebus Magnus on 25.07.14 9:47

Stapleraindrop wrote:As for finding your soul... I hear there's this little library just kind of chilling in the center of an empyrean world of fire and life. Through the flame, the phoenix will be reborn unto his true self.

Could you explain this, please?
avatar
Primus Erebus Magnus
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 33
Location : Europe
Registration date : 2014-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Defining Asetianism

Post by Tehom on 25.07.14 13:46

Tehom wrote:but unbound by Abrahamic principles that prevent enlightenment and spiritual entrapment.




I had meant to say "and encourages spiritual entrapment". I am in no way suggesting that Asetianism does NOT prevent spiritual entrapment, for it does exactly this. Encouragement of freedom is found, even in the most subtle of Asetian teachings. I apologise for my error.. I had meant no disrespect.


Primus, I believe Staple may indeed be referring to the Akashic Records.. if not, I have misunderstood. Pursuing the Akashic Records can be a lengthly task.. it is where the memories of time immemorial are stored.. the unwritten scriptures, crafted silently by the soul as time progresses. A place where plentiful spiritual knowledge can be sought.. the grand library of archaic truths. It can only be found on the spiritual planes, the "Astral" or what name you may attribute it to.
avatar
Tehom
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 60
Location : Where all else is.
Registration date : 2014-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Defining Asetianism

Post by Primus Erebus Magnus on 25.07.14 14:12

Thanks, Tehom, I know what the Akashic Records are.

It's just I don't know what was Stapleraindrop suggesting with this "I hear there's this little library just kind of chilling in the center of an empyrean world of fire and life. Through the flame, the phoenix will be reborn unto his true self." part. Smile
avatar
Primus Erebus Magnus
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 33
Location : Europe
Registration date : 2014-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Defining Asetianism

Post by Tehom on 25.07.14 14:14

Yes. I'm saying that I believe that is what he is referring to, although I may be mistaken.
avatar
Tehom
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 60
Location : Where all else is.
Registration date : 2014-07-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Defining Asetianism

Post by Jonathan on 26.07.14 5:39

Tehom wrote:To me, Asetianism is a way of life, rather than some ancient taboo religion as some have made it out to be. It is to walk freely, but focused, on the path of Aset, and to appreciate life for it's divine beauty and essence in all forms. I do not speak of encouraging one's own ignorance of it's faults, of course, but I am indeed suggesting the literal love of life. Asetianism teaches one to grasp the knowledge of an Ancient.. to learn and understand the essence of metaphysics and the Universe itself. To feel and know the divinity in purity.. and witness beauty in all there is to be seen. To be unbound of previous shackles and restraints, and to be rekindled to the primordial spirituality of existence completely, with respect and honour of knowledge being of upmost importance. It is both philosophy and spiritual path.. both magic and religion, but unbound by Abrahamic principles that prevent enlightenment and spiritual entrapment.

It holds too much beauty for my words to truly describe to you.. for what I have typed here does not come close to fully defining just what Asetianism is to me. It must be discovered by your Self, which is why reading the Asetian Bible is greatly encouraged. You will have a greater understanding of Asetianism after your reading of it.

That was an interesting post Tehom. Thanks for sharing your views with us.
avatar
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 2220
Location : United States
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Defining Asetianism

Post by Tehom on 26.07.14 11:59

I am glad to have shared my views on this subject. I thank you both, Kalb and Jonathan, for reading.
avatar
Tehom
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 60
Location : Where all else is.
Registration date : 2014-07-13

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum