Michael and Seth

4 posters

Go down

Michael and Seth Empty Michael and Seth

Post by Stapleraindrop 13.09.14 13:19

So I know that Seth seems to correlate with Saturn, death destruction and all that good stuff. The other day I was reading some Kabalistic thoughts and apparently the archangel Michael resides in Binah, the domain of saturn. Being the head of the angels, I had always assumed he would either reside in Geburah, the first of the 7 lower Sephirot, or Kether, as the crown.

Any thoughts on the relationship between Michael and Seth?
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Michael and Seth Empty Re: Michael and Seth

Post by Stapleraindrop 13.09.14 13:25

Sorry I meant the one for Jupiter instead of Geburah. I think it's Chesed
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 20.09.14 12:06

Em Hotep,

I have no ideia why you assimilate Seth with Saturn. In my point of view doesn't make sense. It's true that in long past, Saturn is seen as malefic, but, nowadays this version is forgotten. There is a new version of Saturn, he is seen as Organizer giving objectivity and meanings to human Evolution. I can give you a detail from the Tree of Life. Saturn is the planet that domain Binah, but, he is too represented by the letter XXI - The Universe. In others words, throught Saturn we make the first step in our Spiritual Evolution go to Yesod. Below the abyss he walks in the middle path, responsable for the connection between Malkuth to Yesod. Above the abyss he living in Binah. Binah number's is 3, the letter number of universe is 21(2ยด+1=3). So, I believe that the energy of Saturn is about Equilibrium, rules and meanings.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 20.09.14 13:50

In Crowley's Tarot, the devil and death are both associated with Binah also, though in different ways. Scorpio is associated w/ saturn, and the devil is below the rings of saturn.

Death, chaos and trickery are all aspects of Seth as an adversary. Though the modern connotation may have changed with the cycles described by the heirophant, the wheel is ever turning.
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Widdershins 06.03.15 21:50

Interesting topic Stapleraindrop. I've thought about that too.

Is it possible that some "angels" that esoteric paths work with, are not just the divine function/threshold of reality... but are really spirits under Seth?

Seth has to have helper spirits helping him run his kingdom. Agreed? Wouldn't it make sense as the "God of Confusion" to have the spirits be bright white shinny angels? Wink
Widdershins
Widdershins
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2015-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 07.03.15 9:17

most any "spirit" as you mention can choose their form so as to relate to the person they are dealing with in this dimension. They are coming from a higher dimension so dropping into the lower is no big issue.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down