Modern Psychology and Ancient Metaphysics

3 posters

Go down

Modern Psychology and Ancient Metaphysics Empty Modern Psychology and Ancient Metaphysics

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 12.07.18 16:21

Em Hotep. Here is a little paragraph that I wrote on the contrast between modern psychology and ancient metaphysics for anyone to read and share their insight, knowledge or understanding upon, although it might not be much but covering certain essential principles and being a potential opener of discussion:

"Western psychology is an off-shoot of the same philosophical trends originative of material science where everything is bound up and confined to the physical reality, as supposedly objective; a limiting notion upon the entirety of human potential, whereas true psychology is far deeper, far wider, and encompasses hidden realities of the human psyche and the magickal as well as spiritual potential inherent therein. Western psychology is bound, like the inquiring human intellect stumbling upon its own errant ways, to learn of its shortcomings and expand its views and horizons into the seemingly endless mystery that the ancients knew and had special and great insight into before us."

Any thoughts?
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Modern Psychology and Ancient Metaphysics Empty Re: Modern Psychology and Ancient Metaphysics

Post by Naoom 13.07.18 16:51

Em hotep, Mystic.
I agree completely. Psychology as a whole has become corrupted in order to fit the expectations of society and conform to its rules when true psychology should aim to free society of its ignorance. I have tried several types of therapy since I was a kid to and nothing seemed to worked and no psychologist adressed the problems directly but only helped me cope with the symptoms thereof. Many of them give medication without understanding its effects on the subtle body. These chemicals block the energy in certain parts which in turn litteraly blocks the abillity to feel certain emotions! Taking them can make you happy in the head but sad in the heart... Of course, this is not a way of living, nor the true path to Divinity. There is a field of science named Orgonomy , which studies the effects and properties of energy. This science has branches in every science- including psychology. I realize that orgonomy is still limited because there is no proof of orgone energy in the first place -energy is energy- but its effects are studied correctly. I believe it is important to take it in consideration because its applications can be found usefull in every other science and it considers the non-physical aspect. After all, energy is fundamental and characterizes all living beings. Orgone therapists shed light to hidden unconsious behaviors to help the patient express repressed emotions to reconnect them with their inner spiritual self. Orgone therapy is the only thing that worked for me, after trying all the conventional therapies.

Modern Psychology and Ancient Metaphysics Core-e11

When I started this therapy I stopped medication because it was no longer needed. I realized the defence-mechanisms I use to avoid facing trauma. I discovered spiritual layers of emotion that were built within me over the years and didn't allow me to feel my emotions deeply, until I expressed them. This therapy aims to unify the mind-spirit-body aspects of the client to allow for a greater consiousness to unfold. As you see in the picture above, there are layers that you need to 'peel' of, in order to connect deeper with your true self. These layers can be equivalent to the intensity of emotions (How deeply you feel them). There is the outter, middle, and inner shell of the core. The fears and terror of the person are kept beneath the middle layers (this is what religions call Hell). If a person doesn't express the emotions on the outer layers, he/she eventually loses contact with emotions. As I progressed with therapy, I connected with my Intuitive knowledge and understanding and the therapist explained the levels of consiousness that humans undertake. This type of therapy is very accepted in Australia and it has grown tremendously the last years. This is a quote from an article:

At the start of the session, the therapist connects with the Higher Self of the client.  The aim of the therapist is to penetrate the Mask, through which the Mask is identified and the pain of being false is acknowledged.  The second phase is to release the Lower Self, and in this phase the present is connected with the past and the integration of unresolved issues and ‘charge’ held in the Lower Self takes place.  In the third phase, to centre in the Higher Self, the individual is encouraged to reach for the creativity and love within themselves through greater connection with the Higher Self.  In the fourth phase, to uncover the Life Plan, the individual is taught how to act upon the Core’s impulse so as to actualize his/her life task.  The therapist works with the client on all five layers of his humanity i.e. body, emotion, cognition, will and spirit.  Closure simply means to find a way to transition the client from the work of the session to whatever he is returning.

Spirituality is the connection between the being and the essential true self: the Core. The therapist believes that the deeper this connection is, the deeper an individual’s contact is with his spirit, others, the world and the Cosmos.

I will end by saying that many methods of gaining self-awareness such as automatic writing, scrying (which is projecting images of the unconsious to gain consious knowledge of them), lucid dreaming and dream analysis are all great tools for growth yet have been blatanly rejected by society and in turn modern Psychology!  Rolling Eyes

Here is the link for the information I used http://energeticsinstitute.com.au/core-energetics-shamanic-practice/
Naoom
Naoom
Banned

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2016-11-17

Back to top Go down

Modern Psychology and Ancient Metaphysics Empty Re: Modern Psychology and Ancient Metaphysics

Post by A.Nightside 14.07.18 5:41

I have every intention to try and return to this at a later time.
A.Nightside
A.Nightside
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2017-06-07

http://reality-of-identity.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 14.07.18 9:00

Yes, that seems to be an interesting field of certain science. Glad it worked out for you.

Certainly there is some attempt by western psychology to keep itself limited and by its supposedly 'authoritative' knowledge, limit everybody else's understanding, even in a reductionistic sense where things are called just as "oh, that's just psychological". It becomes an underesetimation of deeper significances although they might have a certain valid point, but there are more profound implications of things labeled "just psychological", where it might be a matter of holistic, subtle health, as in the energy system or subtle body, and so on; things requiring far deeper attention than to dismiss in a reductionistic way... Even, as said, if at points it might hold a clue to the puzzle and might actually be just psychological, but then, again, to dismiss it as such only tries to repress the symptoms and not go to solving the original causes of those symptoms, the problems themselves, as is also a point you brought up. [...] But what does "psychological" mean? It carries deeper meaning as the word itself implies.

That's also a good chart, wortwhile to look into.

And yes, there is a lot to the esoteric or occult side of things that have been misappropriately judged, condemned and put aside by the society. Either it has been Christianity, or more particularly the Catholic Church, with its rampant hunting of witches and consequent repression of the occult that even echoes until today in contemporary world with a misjudged fear of the unknown and labeling the occult as the work of the devil. Or, on the other hand, it might be a so called 'sophisticated' and more 'enlightened' understanding of today that is simply "beyond superstition" and knows much better than our forefathers or ancestors ever did in an ignorant, blatant attempt at discreditng all seemingly lost, occult knowledge, due to thinking they know better, but such unexamined views speak loudly upon their own ignorance anyways and is not much worthy of consideration as focus should be placed upon an evolving paradigm, that can easily be influenced, being malleable as it is, variable and subject to change; yet evolving upon a certain solid scientific principle, inte purer and purer science, farther and farther away from dogmatism upon held notions and only philosophical views such as I mentioned about an objective reality, materialism, and so on, that begins to resemble even the occult in the higher spheres of say quantum physics, as well as neuroscience seeming to confirm various claims of spiritual practice; a re-stumbling upon a knowledge thought to be forgotten but is ever resurgent because its principles are perennial on a deeper level of inquiry.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down