Re-introduction

5 posters

Go down

Re-introduction Empty Re-introduction

Post by hikaze 04.04.20 16:32

Hello again everyone, I am back with a fresh mind after a couple of years. I do not claim to be a Vampire like my past of arrogance suggests and instead have been studying the occult intermittently. I hope to get reacquainted with the community and provide useful insight or opinion on any possible topics. Thank you all.
hikaze
hikaze
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2017-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re-introduction Empty Re: Re-introduction

Post by Naoom 04.04.20 16:33

Welcome back, it is always good to see people return with new perspectives.
Naoom
Naoom
Banned

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2016-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by hikaze 04.04.20 16:37

Naoom wrote:Welcome back, it is always good to see people return with new perspectives.
Glad to be back, I hope it hasn't turned into a ghost town in my absence.
hikaze
hikaze
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoom 04.04.20 16:41

Like Jonathan has explained perfectly in another thread before, this forum has always been like the ocean, and has times were it is more active and others not so much. By the way, if you don't mind me asking, which traditions or books have you been reading in regards to the occult? There is no right or wrong answer, but that would help us learn a little more on your background, plus don't forget that we all value our differences in here as we are all unique personalities.
Naoom
Naoom
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by hikaze 04.04.20 16:55

I've been studying the origin of the occult, differences and shared beliefs between practices like Hermeticism, Alchemy, Thelema and astrology, and anything that could be considered occult. Really trying to get the basics down like thought-form control and divination. I've still a long way to go and quite embarrassingly have not read any actual books (hard to get a hand on them personally), seeking anything I've not attained yet.
hikaze
hikaze
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 04.04.20 17:05

Welcome back, good to see you! Always nice when people return, as I second what Naoom said about that. We're trying as best as we can to repopulate the ghost-town, so to speak. Sadly, it did fall a little bit inactive for a while, but we're trying to create discussions now and then. For me, whenever something comes to mind, which doesn't always happen, though, sadly. I think some others think the same way as well. We just need more conversation starters! Smile
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoom 04.04.20 17:12

hikaze wrote:I've been studying the origin of the occult, differences and shared beliefs between practices like Hermeticism, Alchemy, Thelema and astrology, and anything that could be considered occult. Really trying to get the basics down like thought-form control and divination. I've still a long way to go and quite embarrassingly have not read any actual books (hard to get a hand on them personally), seeking anything I've not attained yet.

These are all really good subjects, and there is nothing to be embarrassed of. You seem like you are taking slow but cautious steps instead which is something really important, I wish I had someone explain the same to me when I had just started studying the occult, and that is something I always tell to people who are new to the occult, which is building that foundation before delving into deeper topics. This also allows you to connect to your own higher self and intuition first, so you can then have knowledge about different paths and are able to responsibly trace your own path out carefully, while knowing how it relates to what you need to learn, as well as other things which you may have already mastered, instead of learning things that might turn out to be irrelevant or even misleading towards your own growth and inner Will.

"Heavy is the root of light. Stillness is the ruler of haste. Therefore: Although he travels all day, The sage never loses sight of his luggage carts. Only when he rests securely inside the walls, He relaxes his attention." - Tao Te Ching

This is from a post I made in my blog about the importance of Singular Focus. Thought it connects well here.
Naoom
Naoom
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by hikaze 04.04.20 17:21

I can assure that if anything I have to talk about would be interesting for the community to discuss or have any questions about certain topics others would be more knowledgeable in, I will make haste to post them in the appropriate category.
hikaze
hikaze
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 05.04.20 0:24

Welcome back. Posts of scholarly, curious, and/or pure discussion intent are great and encouraged.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1612
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by A.Nightside 26.04.20 20:44

Welcome back.
I've also been pretty much "away" lately.
It's nice to at least see a familiar name that I can take seriously making new posts to lurk on. ^_^
A.Nightside
A.Nightside
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2017-06-07

http://reality-of-identity.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down