Ramla-Meryt
Naoom
Maxx
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A new topic to discuss Empty A new topic to discuss

Post by Maxx 09.05.20 7:51

Since this forum is built upon the concept of the Aset Ka and,really, no one seems to know much about them other than their publications. Also, there are none here that are known to be from the group and not even the Red Order of Set, what if we begin to do a study based on the information published in the Violet Throne? Granted, all we can use is mainly that book but we could go through it a small section at a time and discuss it and have viewers and readers ask questions or make statements for the group to try and learn more about it all, all based off the reading and study of that book. Those that cannot afford the book, or say they cannot, would at least benefit from looking at the comments here of others and maybe even ask questions regarding some statements made here.

This is something like book clubs that meet in areas across the world to study and learn from various books discussed. The only difference here would be we would use only that one book. We could take a week or two to allow those that want to, to purchase the book, and then get into it. The book is over 900 pages so there is enough material to go into some subjects that would never be discussed unless we used an outline and the book would be useful enough to structure the process on.

I also have just the person in mind to put this together and be in charge of it.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

A new topic to discuss Empty Re: A new topic to discuss

Post by Maxx 09.05.20 7:56

Also, those that come to this site to enter and never read anything about the Aset Ka and are only looking for others to join with them in agreement they are the latest vampire on the street, might find it beneficial to join a study about what this is dealing with in regard to how the Aset Ka views the vampire.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoom 09.05.20 8:45

That sounds like an excellent idea. I would love to participate as well. I was actually planning to do a more thorough reading of all the books after I finish my lectures in some weeks, and organize my notes better.  It would be interesting to see how everyone approaches it as it is designed to be personal like you mentioned before. These different perspectives can offer a lot, and it shows how a lot of us have very similar experiences under a different light. The only issue I see is that I feel we shouldn't share a lot of the material online as it is in the books directly, to the degree we are able to. Since a lot of us already own a copy, we can just reference the name and page of a paragraph to make sure we avoid that. There is a lot to discuss on each topic, so this would be a deeper study combined as a whole Smile
Naoom
Naoom
Banned

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2016-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoom 09.05.20 8:54

I was studying the books from primal craft a while ago, and I noticed how Mark has published a trilogy of books that are different gateways, and have different energies embedded. I thought how that is the way the AK books are designed as well, except the addition of the Violet Throne being a unison or combination of all these different energies. I wonder if people have been working with the books as gateways in that sense. I can see how a lot of what they have to give is based on that, and the Violet Throne is a very powerful talisman as it is described by the author. I am interested in that aspect of the book a lot, since like you said it pertains most of our access to genuine Asetian wisdom.
Naoom
Naoom
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 09.05.20 9:01

Great thoughts on the topic. We can see how others feel about the written material being shown here and feel about it but I see the publication of the book out in the open for purchase by anyone means not a big issue of posting that material up here during the discussions.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramla-Meryt 09.05.20 9:10

Definitely a thread / idea that I am going to follow along with, and hopefully contribute to once matters align regarding the Violet Throne book itself and me procuring it.

Are non-Asetianists welcome to contribute once they have read/studied the book and wisdom offered therein?
Ramla-Meryt
Ramla-Meryt
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2018-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 09.05.20 9:24

I would hope so..... as I fall into that category.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 09.05.20 11:01

Ramla-Meryt wrote:
Are non-Asetianists welcome to contribute once they have read/studied the book and wisdom offered therein?

We don't tend to separate Asetianists from non-Asetianists. We are all occultists here, or at least for the most part.

Also, if one studies the teachings of the Aset Ka in serious way and adopts some of its spiritual foundations, doesn't that make one an Asetianist by definition?

Asetianist tens to be a much more loosely defined label than Asetian.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 09.05.20 11:13

what is your view of this study?
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoom 09.05.20 13:31

Jonathan wrote:
Ramla-Meryt wrote:

We don't tend to separate Asetianists from non-Asetianists. We are all occultists here, or at least for the most part.

Also, if one studies the teachings of the Aset Ka in serious way and adopts some of its spiritual foundations, doesn't that make one an Asetianist by definition?

I agree with this statement. There is no definite point in the path where one stops and claims to be an Asetianist from that point and onwards, at least not from my experience. I believe part of it is that it has more to do with how you feel towards the path and towards Aset Herself, as well as the actions which become more aligned to be in more accordance to the path itself. This is a process that is perpetual and not stagnated. We all have times where we might stray away from the path, but the feelings remain the same, if not stronger after those experiences. So there is also no definite point where one simply stops being an Asetianist either. Some have even said that being an Asetianist could very well be described as a condition of the soul. This doesn't seem far from the truth considering how the links forged in ancient Egypt with their human friends could very well be alive to this day, and for lifetimes to come. This is the literal sense of living the tradition and path to me, how it is a cognizant state of awareness, and something that requires to be rekindled through pure Will alone. To conclude, I believe that this label has a much different but also more profound meaning in this path, than what labels are supposed to represent within others. It doesn't have to do with recognition or a sense of entitlement, but more of a personal desire to feel related to and closer to what we feel is home, and a sense of family, in addition to reminding us of our values and devotion.
Naoom
Naoom
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 09.05.20 13:47

Those seem to be excellent words that should elicit an emotional response from most....but myself, I have no family that I can overwhelmingly feel, except for Spirit.

So how do you see this interaction?  By breaking it down to a group overview and connecting your thought to it that way, or allowing it to meander through singular individuals and seeing the emotional connection that way?  Or do you begin applying it from a starting point centering yourself and then letting it move out in your vision like a wave encompassing everything?

The big spotlight, as I can see, is that one cannot make choices for any others but one's self.  In that light, one can only offer something and let it go out to the universe and when it leaves, you have no big responsibility after that.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoom 09.05.20 14:04

I see it as something intrinsic, not dependent on anything external, and something that everyone should first develop within themselves, and only then choose to share it with others who share the same emotions. I can definitely see where you are coming from, and I see a valuable lesson in that the only love we should depend on is our own Spirit, the love of the higher self as a fire that burns within, and not outside of ourselves. It is intangible, and elusive, but then again Love in general is. True love is always found within, so in terms of Asetianism it should originate from your own feelings towards the path. So it would work in the same way as any true form of love, at least in how I perceive it. I hope I didn't get into a tangent here, but this seemed like a good opportunity to discuss this.
Naoom
Naoom
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 09.05.20 14:12

excellent thoughts and good views.  

Myself, I cannot experience love, Love, etc.  so that is something I only share with the animal world.  lol.  But other than you or myself, we should look for others to experience this book and adapt the experience of learning something about it by sharing their ideas and concepts and how they react to it.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 10.05.20 2:55

Jonathan wrote:
Ramla-Meryt wrote:

Whilst I can agree with it not being an exclusionary title, entitlement or status of any kind, as it pertains to a sincere relation of inner resonance of Ib (spiritual heart) as the gateway to many other pillars (in so far as I see it), I think it does carry greater significances as that stated by Naoom, such as inner devotion, which I can understand in the light of the profound nature of the path. I don't think it is a loose label by any means, even though that wasn't necessarily implicated in what you said, but just not being as strongly defined as the nature of an Asetian as per their nature of the soul. Still it carries deep implications. I'm personally cautious, as a relative "novitiate", with calling myself an Asetianist if I do not feel a very strong loyalty and genuine devotion for the path. I don't think it's a label that is to be lightly adopted, since it is a very sincere or serious path requiring of deep honesty to Self. That's my view.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 10.05.20 10:00

It appears there is not enough interest in this at all if only 5 individuals are showing any interest. That is not enough interest for a forum this size.

Unless more people indicate they will join in we will just cancel this project.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by PLM 10.05.20 10:50

Maxx, I do not think that canceling this project is a good idea. I think that those that are reading on this very thread find that some good might come of such a discussion. I have come on here daily just to read here.

I do agree that honest intent without hidden agendas does reap benefits to an individual on any path that they are trying to travel. If one starts a path with a curious nature and find results, which can be of any nature....then emotion and devotion normally does grow out of that.

I do not know much about Aset Ka. I read the bible years ago. With that said, I am always open to learn about any path as knowledge only enhances one.

Perhaps you could bring about a topic out of the material in which others might be able to comment on. I however will perhaps be on the reading side of things rather than the commenting area as I do not own a copy of The Violet Throne.

PLM
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2020-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 10.05.20 11:13

Maxx, what did/do you have in mind for the project specifically - in terms of what subjects or parts of the book we should go over, if you think it can be pulled off? Often I myself don't have many thoughts readily available without proper digestion and contemplation over time.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 10.05.20 11:21

I am interested in participating in this, Maxx.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1612
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 10.05.20 14:03

MysticLightShinethForth wrote:Maxx, what did/do you have in mind for the project specifically - in terms of what subjects or parts of the book we should go over, if you think it can be pulled off? Often I myself don't have many thoughts readily available without proper digestion and contemplation over time.  

q
Whhhhaaaaaaatttttt?????     How can that be?  YOU are the person I had in mind to corral this process and lead it.  lol.

In the introduction to the Violet Throne, around page 50 at the top of the page,  Mr. Marques says regarding the realization that to teach also means to learn and such can be a definitive lesson in humility.  He states he finds that the words of the book imbue magic in itself.

We are not capable to teach this in his fashion or his manner, but possibly through a study of his words, they might convey in spirit some of what he intended in structuring this book for us.

I have wondered for a while now why someone has not come forward to form a study of this material here on the Aset Ka site?  It only makes for good common sense.  It will possibly dispel some common misconceptions about the Aset Ka if done correctly as most people have not even read the material about the Vampire from the viewpoint of the Aset Ka. People mix in the movie and media fantasy with it without even seeing what Mr. Marques has to say about it.

So to directly answer your question Mr. Mystic, With an important sentence or two written and posted, then many comments about it and how that sentence pulls from the individual's mind and what it associates with their thoughts as to how they think it would affect them is maybe one way to approach it.  I am assuming that what one reads and sees in the comments will be different than what another sees.  That is what would make this interesting.  The different views discussed in bringing a concept forward and then letting that magical thought from the pages flow forth and into each person....not to make blind followers, but to open the possibility of enlightened thought that will form a strong basis of continuing study and discovery as one marches forward into their other occult line of studies.

Also, instead of skipping around in sections, it might advantageous to follow the author's layout and views by beginning at the start and going all the way through it that way.  I am sure he had a reason for how he structured the chapters the way he did.

But I had in mind at least 10 different individuals from here in the forum to exchange thoughts on these pages.  At least 10 that would stick with it and not fall out after one or a few pages.  lol. Less than that number would probably not reflect a good cross range of concepts about the study.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 10.05.20 14:18

10? Are there even that many active members on this forum?

How'd you think I would be able to lead this study group?

Otherwise, I agree, you've got a sound thought about the layout, the intentions, as well as the method or approach, for the study.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Vu Deja 10.05.20 15:15

I think this is a fantastic idea, Maxx. Whether someone is new or experienced with the material of Aset Ka something like this is needed. It would be interesting to see how others interpret the material and how they apply the material to their lives. I think it also has the ability to clarify to a degree any initial misconceptions that people might have initially about the Aset Ka. We all learn differently and in varied ways. An introduction into each person's mindset around this material is paramount to the conscious evolution and maturation of the initiate. I would love to participate in this project.
Vu Deja
Vu Deja
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2020-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 10.05.20 15:19

There are always 20 people that are poking around here at any time.  I know they are not all the same ones all the time.  Then, when something of interest shows up you get 35 to 40 suddenly appear out of no place.  There are many that have signed up and have never made any post at all.  Some are shy while others find this site does not line up with what they think it is when they walk in the door because they read nothing other than the word vampire.

So even that type of person is welcome to enter into the conversation with no ridicule at all unless they are belligerent. lol. All that is required is a noncombative attitude.  Lol. They can just say they do not agree with what Mr. Marques has set forth in the book.  There is no law set in stone that one has to agree with everything he has written.  No one would even believe that to be the case.  Even the village idiot would not even think that.  lol.

so far, we see Ramia-Meryt, PLM, Mystic, Naoom, Rhea Kay, Maxx that have shown interest.  I would hope that the investigator (Seeker) would show up sooner than later and find an interest in joining.  Also, Jon never answered my question to him so we have no idea what he thinks about it.  Then those that do not have the book are more than welcome to join in as the passage we speak about will be typed in to enable comments.  

What I am expecting is that those without the book may find they have a strong interest after being a part of this, it may push them to find a way to obtain one.  There is such a thing as creative Magic.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 10.05.20 15:21

Good VuDeja, I was not aware of your post until we came in at the same time. So you can be an addition to the group.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 10.05.20 15:24

Maxx wrote:what is your view of this study?

I think this is a good idea. It can be valuable to those less familiar with the Asetian culture or their magick.

It might be hard to accomplish if people don't have the Violet Throne though.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 10.05.20 15:27

Also, I think it would be great to put a call out into the spiritual void for Maktub to make an appearance in this and offer insight or some input every so often. Or even Victor, as he hardly shows up anymore except on just short entries.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next