Jonathan
MysticLightShinethForth
Void
SorcierRog
8 posters

Go down

Introduction - SorcierRog Empty Introduction - SorcierRog

Post by SorcierRog 26.08.20 15:28

Hello. My background includes shamanism, the esoteric sciences, parapsychology, traditional witchcraft. I’m a retired aerospace physicist and enjoy metaphysics and the occult. I have a copy of the Asetian Bible on the way and hope to receive it in a couple of weeks. In the mean time I will be enjoying the works of Andrew Chumbley and my usual practices. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions about my background or otherwise.
SorcierRog
SorcierRog
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2020-08-20

Back to top Go down

Introduction - SorcierRog Empty Re: Introduction - SorcierRog

Post by Void 27.08.20 3:54

Welcome Very Happy
Void
Void
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2020-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 27.08.20 4:18

Hello and welcome. Seems like you've got quite some interesting interests. Smile
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1319
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 27.08.20 4:44

Welcome to the community. Feel free to join us in the threads!
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by SorcierRog 02.09.20 14:21

Since the Asetian Bible is on back order, I was able to find, order and receive the Violet Throne. That will take a bit to get through! I’m also interleaving my readings with Andrew Chumbley’s Opuscula Magica (I and II).
SorcierRog
SorcierRog
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by SorcierRog 19.09.20 22:09

SorcierRog wrote:Since the Asetian Bible is on back order, I was able to find, order and receive the Violet Throne.  That will take a bit to get through!  I’m also interleaving my readings with Andrew Chumbley’s Opuscula Magica (I and II).

Ok...I’m exclusively on the VT......Yeah...It’s my focus.   Why couldn’t I’ve found it years ago???
SorcierRog
SorcierRog
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by SorcierRog 19.09.20 22:24

Introduction - SorcierRog 715c7710
SorcierRog
SorcierRog
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 20.09.20 4:51

SorcierRog wrote:
SorcierRog wrote:Since the Asetian Bible is on back order, I was able to find, order and receive the Violet Throne.  That will take a bit to get through!  I’m also interleaving my readings with Andrew Chumbley’s Opuscula Magica (I and II).

Ok...I’m exclusively on the VT......Yeah...It’s my focus.   Why couldn’t I’ve found it years ago???

That is great. It's never too late.

Let us know your experiences as you go through it.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SorcierRog 29.10.20 16:27

I've made it through the AB volume of the VT.  Many topics are familiar because of my background is the esoteric sciences, but I'm really enjoying the refreshing new perspective. I was in a fraternity in the lineage of the Golden Dawn and I know that many esoteric concepts that are in such groups derive their precepts from the Kemetic tradition - so no surprise there. I'm looking forward to the next volume which seems to be more on the practical side.  

As my dedication to this path grows, I find that I have occasional dreams with elements relating to the path.  For example, in a recent dream I was creating verse honoring this spiritual path. I'm also seeing what I have studied in the past as being derivative of the Kemetic tradition. I'm enjoying seeing the source from the front row instead of the balcony.

I'm also hoping I will see some suggestions regarding a suitable daily practice, for example meditation, contemplation, et. al.
SorcierRog
SorcierRog
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 30.10.20 15:33

Thanks for sharing your experiences so far. On the meditation I think consistency is probably most important. Maybe others will have more to add.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1613
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 30.10.20 15:58

I usually do a morning meditation of breathing exercises to fine tune my mind-breathing patterns, as they're inextricably linked to each other - mind and breath. It also helps me to wake up properly, to do an inward cleanse of purification and to gain mental clarity and focus for the day. It's also helpful to set intentions for the day when you wake up, to instruct your subconscious mind and organize it for the day. Everything else might issue forth like a river from the mountain cave opening of this simple procedure. It's more like taking full advantage of the first hour upon waking so that your whole day might blossom thereafter from the seeds that you have planted in the morning within the soil of your total daytime, springing up hours after. I usually do this before eating breakfast, so that more energy goes towards this, and less towards digesting the food.

Well, that's unspecific and for a general purpose, though... something anyone can do with just a regular routine; then what you fill it with during the whole day is a whole other matter. I can't really tell any more specific practices, because they'd be highly individual and for their tastes and whatever systems or paradigms they are working under.

Anything specific you're looking for, SorcierRog? I enjoy your posts so far. Smile
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by SorcierRog 30.10.20 16:41

MysticLightShinethForth wrote:
...Anything specific you're looking for, SorcierRog? I enjoy your posts so far. Smile

Thank you for your response above.  I do meditate on a regular basis and I would like to orient my practice towards an approach of an Asetianist practice.  I recoginise that each may have a unique approach, of course, but are there basic common practices or exercises?

I ask because of my previous esoteric experiences.  In one system, there are daily salutations and meditations (e.g. circulation of light). In another system, there are both monthly and seasonal practices.   I was wondering if there are equivalent practices in Asetianism and what they may be. Perhaps, these are individual preferences?
SorcierRog
SorcierRog
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 31.10.20 5:13

I think so, much more individual, since the public books don't offer us any predefined set of practices in such a manner, apart from descriptions of certain methods but they don't fit under the same umbrella necessarily. Thinking of basic energy work insights and more advanced metaphysical techniques as well as vampire manipulations. They can be used but not in the way you had meant it, I suppose, with a more ritualistic approach of a daily practice, unless you incorporate it into it of course. Then you may always find different practices on your own through creative exploration and venturing down the path. I'm aware of people who plan different rituals for Samhain for instance, devoted to Aset.

Maybe there's a reason, though, why the Aset Ka hasn't released any such kind of practice to the public, because in my theory it might have to do with being a different system altogether and not a predefined structural set of reference that would guide every initiate along the same path of exploration, where the approaches might be more diverse and also each undergoing and carving their own path of initiation. That's just my general impression of it.

But that said I don't think it's at all impossible to find what you're looking for, if you're indeed looking for it, given that you can figure out those details on your own. Just that it requires a certain ingenuity, feeling of experience and creativity.

Maybe someone else had anything to add about this in particular, too. Would be a good discussion with much food for insightful thought.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by SorcierRog 29.11.20 14:30

I have been away from the forum for about a month.  Sad to say that my wife of 18 years passed on Nov. 1.  She was 54 years old.  I'm getting my life back together and slowly dealing with it.  She was the love of my life.
SorcierRog
SorcierRog
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 29.11.20 15:26

I'm so sorry about your loss. Sad

Please take care of yourself and I hope to hear more from you.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 29.11.20 15:46

It's heartbreaking to hear that, SorcierRog... you must be going through a lot of pain now... I'm really sorry to hear that. Losing a loved one is never that easy...

Hope you stay strong and keep well, and likewise, what Jonathan said, hope to hear more from you.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 29.11.20 17:22

I am sorry for your loss. Like others said, please take care of yourself and we hope to hear more from you.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by SorcierRog 29.11.20 19:42

Thank you.  It's mind boggling.....  I know the metaphysics better than the human psychological Way...  it's all so real....   I can feel it... souls torn apart.......I wonder what does it mean....? She has her destiny in the other world and I, mine in this....
SorcierRog
SorcierRog
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 29.11.20 20:29

Although very little consolation in a situation like this when things are so fresh... you will meet her again someday.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade 30.11.20 5:57

In those moments of anguish and despair I have found that connecting myself to Asetianism through my pain helped. In that darkness of the soul is when the face of Aset becomes more clear.
Nightshade
Nightshade
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynskha 30.11.20 10:12

Sorry about your loss.
Lynskha
Lynskha
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2017-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Leelahel 09.12.20 19:19

Welcome to the forum!
Leelahel
Leelahel
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2015-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by SorcierRog 03.01.21 15:03

Leelahel wrote:Welcome to the forum!
Thank you.

I'm about half way through the VT and have found the chapters on the Kabbalah very interesting and a very good refresher for me.  I can easily see why this spelling is preferred over Cabala or Qabala of course.  So the first two syllables are easy to translate, but how about the third?
SorcierRog
SorcierRog
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down