[Intro] Everyone starts somewhere

2 posters

Go down

[Intro] Everyone starts somewhere Empty [Intro] Everyone starts somewhere

Post by Alexiel 22.06.21 10:53

Alright official introduction time. Let's see, where to start...

I'm glad to finally be here, I suppose. I've been lurking for a good couple years, though not because I felt intimidated or unwelcome. You all seem pretty chill and respectful. I just think I needed to wait for when I felt ready to dive into a subject that seemed to have so many layers. I can be quite obsessive when it comes to occult research since I have a very distinct hunger for knowledge, and I knew that when I joined I'd likely be swallowed up by the amount of books I'd no doubt get.

I was right, too. I already have a few digital ones in my kindle library, and it hasn't even been a few hours. Ah well, I suppose enthusiasm counts for something. As far as the meat of the forum goes, I should probably make it apparent that I am what you might call a bystander...for now. I don't really like to talk about things I don't know, or claim to be something I'm not sure of, so my answer to things like, "Are you a vampire?" and "Do you know about Asetianism?" will likely be rather boring compared to some other more experienced individuals.

In the future, we'll see if that changes.
If not, I'm still honored to be able to learn of it.

There are a few terms that I vaguely know about. For example I've seen the good and bad of modern vampirism groups; I've even dated a few cringe-worthy wannabe ones, so at the very least I know what a vampire is not. Which is always a pleasant distinction. I was also apart of some modern otherkin groups (at first for the purpose of research, then identity) but slipped away from them due to what I considered "lost direction" within those communities. It wound up just not being my cup of tea after awhile and still left me feeling like something didn't quite add up. Both of those ventures only happened due to a 10+ year background in Wicca, which later evolved to just eclectic witchcraft with a chaotic twist.

It's funny how researching one thing leads to twelve others.

When not exploring the occult side of things I work as a Real Time Analyst.
I live in the grand land of alligators and find great joy in anything macabre.
I'm also a nerd with hyperactive tendencies. So if I talk too much, or get too blunt, feel free to tell me to hush or just distract me with something shiny.

Hopefully this introduction will do for now.
I'd be happy to answer questions if the above doesn't cut it.
Alexiel
Alexiel
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2018-03-31

Back to top Go down

[Intro] Everyone starts somewhere Empty Re: [Intro] Everyone starts somewhere

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 22.06.21 11:59

Welcome! A pleasant introduction.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexiel 22.06.21 12:23

MysticLightShinethForth wrote:Welcome! A pleasant introduction.

[Intro] Everyone starts somewhere Tenor
Alexiel
Alexiel
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2018-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down