Hello's and Introductions

2 posters

Go down

Hello's and Introductions Empty Hello's and Introductions

Post by Markandeya 06.07.21 12:08

Hello everyone,

To the moderators of this site, if I have posted this in the wrong section, please move it and advise me for future posts. This is an introduction and I must admit, I have not been on any vampire forums or any forum for that matter, in almost 20 years. Your grace will be appreciated as I fumble through. For now, I simply wish to introduce myself and ask for any advice on navigating this site. Consider me as though I know nothing about forums and the like, I have no social media and do not enjoy being in the public eye. It took considerable resolve for me to join this site. As many of you understand, I appreciate and enjoy my privacy. Those things being said, I have begun research on something I have not heard about, or even thought about for a number of years and I thought this may be a good place to start looking. While I normally go to great lengths to keep my life private, I would like to reconnect a little and hopefully find a few answers. Feel free to message me and start a conversation. In the meantime, I will continue to read through the wonderful posts here.

M.

Markandeya
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2021-07-06

Back to top Go down

Hello's and Introductions Empty Re: Hello's and Introductions

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 06.07.21 12:12

Hello and welcome. Smile

What is that research you have begun, if I may ask?
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Markandeya 06.07.21 12:17

I am currently researching the legend of the Bloodstone and it's ties to the blood of Christ and the saints as well as other aberrant readings. It is an intellectual curiosity and while I have found a good bit of information over the years through many libraries, I believe there is more to the story. Professionally, I am a theologian. Anyone with insight into the legend will be met with gratitude and there is nothing specific that concerns me other than the origins of the legends themselves and the intellectual piques.

Markandeya
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 06.07.21 12:30

First time I hear of it, I think. It's connected to a certain crystal? How do you connect it to vampirism, though, if you do?
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Markandeya 06.07.21 12:48

The most basic rendering of the legend is that a stone of jasper at the foot of the Cross of Christ had the blood from his wounds dripped on it. From there the legend goes that this stone satiated the need for blood, yet the vampire maintained his or her strength as though they had just fed. One of the most well known of the aberrancies include that the stone was found by a Gypsy witch who placed a spell on it, set it in a ring and delivered it to Vlad Dracul, whom we know as Dracula in current renditions, such as Bram Stoker's fiction. This stone is said to be the ring he (Vlad, not Stoker's Dracula, though I believe the fictional character has a similar ring) wears in his portrait. Other aberrancies record that it continuously flows with the blood of the saints and a vampire may drink of it anytime they wish. There are many others but the common thread seems to be that the stone is green, as most jasper stones are, but with red oxidations giving it a blood spatter appearance and if a vampire possesses it, they never thirst, become weak, sick, tired, or die. There are many of these stones for sale online and it isn't the procurement of the stone that I am seeking, just the common threads of the legends themselves. However, I must admit, owning such an artifact, should it exist, would have a great appeal to me personally.

Markandeya
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Markandeya 06.07.21 13:57

If there are any witches available who know of the supposed spell that was placed on the ring in the second reading I would also like to know more about that, though I believe this side of the bloodstone is more fiction than legend due to it's ties to Vlad. However, I am open to discussing anything, whether it has been deemed fiction or not. It's all interesting.

Markandeya
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 06.07.21 15:06

Interesting! Hard to tell how much of that is fiction and how much is not. Legends can be quite interesting and entertaining. But it sounds nearly like a talisman of some kind. There are indeed great talismans, wands and things of that nature within the occult world, some that we hear even wars have been started over, such as the infamous Asetian wands and/or talismans with sometimes royal servitors tied to them or other ancient creatures or daemons that take on a life of its own tied to the command of its master capable of wielding it. Of course, I believe, however, the pursuits of such things, to even start wars over it, like Luis Marques says himself, is an unworthy approach of its own focus, to me clearly illustrating the handicap in being able to device these instruments of legend themselves and seeking the power outside that they could not manifest within themselves and so being a clear demonstration upon their own inner powerlessness and dishonorable greed at least as it comes off to me in theory of principle. Even if these wands and/or talismans are of such a high and excellent nature that it'd require a great and immortal being to create them in the first place with such magickal potency, like the Asetian Elders I believe. But a question that is raised to me then is why humans would even desire such a thing, power that is outside of their capability for control; they'd only mess themselves up trying to use it, or go mad... but I suppose its allure is very high for certain types of people...

Nevertheless owning such an item, like just the "Bloodstone", seems to be far too impossible as if it even ever existed it'd be lost in secrecy between elitist occult Orders who'd have control of it and never see the light of day to the public. If this Jesus figure ever existed to any extent and proportion like they make it out to have been which carries cosmic implications theologically if so. I don't believe in it personally but there might be something to the Christian mysteries that is valid due to how many report certain experiences in conjunction with it and I've had them myself, too, when I used to be a follower of Christianity. Just not my cup of tea any longer.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Markandeya 06.07.21 15:51

Well said, and among your list, don't forget the Spear of Destiny that Hitler sought in his hubris and quest for power. As a student of legend, theology, occultism, and other metaphysical aspects, my desire in ownership would be limited to the novelty of the item and not necessarily any metaphysical property it may imbibe on the owner. I am quite at peace with my station in the universe, though an actual purpose of my existence continues to allude me. However, I believe all legend has some aspect of truth, albeit the truth may be much skewed through the ages and I would submit that vampirism itself has been through such struggles. All legends are like threads of a tapestry that have been interwoven and reworked through the constant procession of time and oral tradition. I seek to unravel what I can, understand what I don't, and remember what I have forgotten. Personally, I have no qualm with God, gods, Jesus, Baal, or any others, only to understand those things which still allude me and keep my curiosity going for what has now been many years and much study. This brings me to why I have broken my solitude, through time, we begin to find a need, a reason to continue on, mine is to understand and grow in the knowledge that many have reduced to bedtime stories but that we know have a thread that begs to be pulled. I've had material possessions, they are a void that cannot be filled. Knowledge and understanding, what the ancients called wisdom, is the true treasure. I have enjoyed our conversation, Mystic, thank you for your insight. If others have more to add, I look forward to reading any leads you may have in my quest.

Sincerely,
M.

Markandeya
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down