How does the Asetian Bible compare to Violet Throne?

3 posters

Go down

How does the Asetian Bible compare to Violet Throne? Empty How does the Asetian Bible compare to Violet Throne?

Post by ForestScholar 20.10.21 15:05

I'm thinking of buying both both the Asetian Bible and the Violet Throne. How does the the Asetian Bible compare to Violet Throne? There are very few reviews for Violet Throne and I haven't been able to preview the table of contents or read a sample.

I'm assuming the Asetian Bible is more introductory, and Violet Throne is more intermediate.

ForestScholar
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2021-09-30

Back to top Go down

How does the Asetian Bible compare to Violet Throne? Empty Re: How does the Asetian Bible compare to Violet Throne?

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 20.10.21 16:47

The Violet Throne contains the Asetian Bible (as well as the Liber Aeternus: Book of Orion and Liber Silentis: Words in Silence), but in a much more updated form, revised and augmented. However the magick contained in the Violet Throne I would call very strong, much more powerful than the Asetian Bible which might indeed serve as an introduction to the current. I wouldn't call it intermediary, necessarily, as it's a tool for advanced practitioners and it's the most powerful grimoire released by the Aset Ka to the public as of yet, the Violet Throne, reflecting a very strong sense of the current in its real legacy, being of quite the strong foundational essence of Asetianism - it is way more than just a book and I believe it wasn't originally intended to be released to the public. However I like to compare differences in the original Asetian Bible to the updated version in the Violet Throne which might reveal certain subtler details and initiatory locks behind the curtain of its design, I believe. There's quite some differences.

For myself, I only own a copy of the Violet Throne, Asetian Bible and Kemet: The Year of Revelation. However I've heard that the stand alone copies of the Book of Orion and Words in Silence might serve as certain gateways on their own that aren't precisely included in the Violet Throne, due to the lack of the cover of the books and bindings, even if the same exact text is there.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

How does the Asetian Bible compare to Violet Throne? Empty Re: How does the Asetian Bible compare to Violet Throne?

Post by Jonathan 20.10.21 18:16

You can find the full table of contents for the Violet Throne on the official website of the Order of Aset Ka. As well as the entire first chapter freely available for reading.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestScholar 21.10.21 8:52

Jonathan wrote:You can find the full table of contents for the Violet Throne on the official website of the Order of Aset Ka. As well as the entire first chapter freely available for reading.

I took another look and saw the button to preview! Very Happy

ForestScholar
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by ForestScholar 21.10.21 8:56

MysticLightShinethForth wrote:For myself, I only own a copy of the Violet Throne, Asetian Bible and Kemet: The Year of Revelation. However I've heard that the stand alone copies of the Book of Orion and Words in Silence might serve as certain gateways on their own that aren't precisely included in the Violet Throne, due to the lack of the cover of the books and bindings, even if the same exact text is there.

Wow, thank you for the in depth review! I'll get a copy of Violet Throne first, since I like it when info is up to date.

ForestScholar
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 21.10.21 9:54

Aye, just keep in mind it's a very advanced grimoire and can be dangerous so approach it with respect and caution and take appropriate time to read through it with care... Actually my own Asetianist studies started off with the Violet Throne, but I was somewhat familiar with the works of Luis Marques and the Order of Aset Ka for many years prior (mostly by reading the initiatory Heka on the tweets of Luis Marques' Twitter profile and also having this forum for reference on many topics and drawing much inspiration from certain discussions). However I also had to take certain pauses at times from study. I personally don't think it's the most recommended order to take it, but one never knows... it's just a recommendation, and the natural responsibility is always our own.

However I'd link this thread for good reference too (Jonathan left a very good reply there as well): https://www.vampirismforum.com/t2365-in-what-order-should-someone-read-the-asetian-books
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down