Sigil of the Dragon and Bindrune of Ice and Fire

+2
Nightshade
Selene Skotia
6 posters

Go down

Sigil of the Dragon and Bindrune of Ice and Fire Empty Sigil of the Dragon and Bindrune of Ice and Fire

Post by Selene Skotia 17.09.23 8:05

To those working with the hardships of initiation and sorcerous magic of the Tradition of the Primordial Dragon, has any of you considered making the Bindrune of Ice and Fire from the deck (Arcana) or the sacred sigil also included with it (embossed on the certificate of authenticity) either drawn or burned on wood to place at their Primordial Dragon altar? Similar to the ritual use of the wooden pentacle in witchcraft, although in this case it would have a theurgical function.
Selene Skotia
Selene Skotia
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2020-08-22

Back to top Go down

Sigil of the Dragon and Bindrune of Ice and Fire Empty Re: Sigil of the Dragon and Bindrune of Ice and Fire

Post by Nightshade 17.09.23 8:13

That is an excellent idea. I imagine that for practicality it could be drawn on paper or parchment but given the nature of this specific tradition I would highly recommend wood, then either the sigil or the bindrune burned, engraved or painted. All by hand. It would make for a potent magical tool for your devotional altars.
Nightshade
Nightshade
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Sigil of the Dragon and Bindrune of Ice and Fire Empty Re: Sigil of the Dragon and Bindrune of Ice and Fire

Post by Jonathan 17.09.23 10:54

Also keep in mind that the Sigil and the Bindrune are different symbols and should not be confused as they hold rather distinctive magical functions. Otherwise I agree that it’s a powerful application of said sorcery.

Be very cautious when using those sigils though, this can’t be overstated!
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 18.09.23 5:26

Wood. Definitely wood. Either Oak or Yew for these workings.

Restating the disclaimer from above, approach these symbols and their hidden mysteries with the utmost care, respect and honor. They wield Higher Magic and are literally manifested gateways to such realms.

Primordial Dragon is sorcery at its most raw and untamed wilderness. It touches upon the most primeval powers from the void as it transcends existence and all that is. Some have described it as the Primordial Path of Magic, the Original Art.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Selene Skotia 18.09.23 8:52

Thanks everyone for your valuable feedback.
All quality and wise extensions to my post.

Victor wrote:Wood. Definitely wood. Either Oak or Yew for these workings.

Restating the disclaimer from above, approach these symbols and their hidden mysteries with the utmost care, respect and honor. They wield Higher Magic and are literally manifested gateways to such realms.

Primordial Dragon is sorcery at its most raw and untamed wilderness. It touches upon the most primeval powers from the void as it transcends existence and all that is. Some have described it as the Primordial Path of Magic, the Original Art.

Victor’s post in particular was striking in content and delivery.

I wanted to further add to my post a suggestion derivative from my own workings with the Current, which is to encourage everyone to openly explore your local fauna and flora in order to establish a relationship with the local spirits of the land and nature. The very Earth we walk is the living body of the Great Dragons so honoring nature is devotional to the Draconian powers, making your praxis local helps establish this connection so that your theurgical relationships may emerge from that into the beyond, transcending nature and our planet to the very Abyss.
This should make it clear why any form of animal sacrifice would be detrimental to being accepted in honor by the primordial powers, and in fact animal sacrifice is a distinctive token of magical ways that have been tainted by the human hand, a corrupted form of the Arte Magical. In the Primordial Dragon tradition we go both back and beyond, reaching to the purest and most ancestral form of magic, where defacing nature is an insult to the sacred body of Dragons and an affront to the truest Arts of Sorcery.
Selene Skotia
Selene Skotia
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2020-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 18.09.23 10:18

Selene Skotia wrote:
I wanted to further add to my post a suggestion derivative from my own workings with the Current, which is to encourage everyone to openly explore your local fauna and flora in order to establish a relationship with the local spirits of the land and nature. The very Earth we walk is the living body of the Great Dragons so honoring nature is devotional to the Draconian powers, making your praxis local helps establish this connection so that your theurgical relationships may emerge from that into the beyond, transcending nature and our planet to the very Abyss.
This should make it clear why any form of animal sacrifice would be detrimental to being accepted in honor by the primordial powers, and in fact animal sacrifice is a distinctive token of magical ways that have been tainted by the human hand, a corrupted form of the Arte Magical. In the Primordial Dragon tradition we go both back and beyond, reaching to the purest and most ancestral form of magic, where defacing nature is an insult to the sacred body of Dragons and an affront to the truest Arts of Sorcery.

That is excellent advice and beautifully put. No doubt you show a deeper understanding of the mysteries and sorcery.

We need more of your contributions in here!
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynskha 19.09.23 12:13

A piece of wood carved or marked with fire, it would be very beautiful.
Lynskha
Lynskha
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2017-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade 19.09.23 17:59

Jonathan wrote:
Selene Skotia wrote:

That is excellent advice and beautifully put. No doubt you show a deeper understanding of the mysteries and sorcery.

We need more of your contributions in here!

I agree, this is a valuable perspective imbued with important teachings to those pursuing the arts of theurgical magic. Not a branch of the occult for the faint of heart I might add. Well said Selene Skotia.
Nightshade
Nightshade
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Morell 27.09.23 11:27

Selene Skotia wrote:To those working with the hardships of initiation and sorcerous magic of the Tradition of the Primordial Dragon, has any of you considered making the Bindrune of Ice and Fire from the deck (Arcana) or the sacred sigil also included with it (embossed on the certificate of authenticity) either drawn or burned on wood to place at their Primordial Dragon altar? Similar to the ritual use of the wooden pentacle in witchcraft, although in this case it would have a theurgical function.

I did think about working more closely with the bindrune. I'll wait though till I know futhark well, so that I can understand better the runes it consists of.
You make me wonder, whether it would be better to carve the bindrune into piece of wood, or to take a piece of wood and carve the bindrune out of it.
Morell
Morell
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2022-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down