Syrianeh
Victor
Hioman
Talibah
9 posters

Go down

Meditation. Empty Meditation.

Post by Kalb 09.10.11 12:39

I want start to say you that last days here have been very quiet. Silence means meditation, meditation means awareness and awareness means realization. Not all are ready to accept silence nor are ready to put themselves in first plane. In every day we're constantly manipulated by advertising. No matter if we are manipulated by tv or newspapers or books or even internet. The point is... the distraction is around us. Some simply ignore all that things and go ahead without give any attention. Seems that world is ruled by deceit. Asetians believes that world live in an illusive mode and i definitely agree. Meditation is the practice of focusing our attention on a particular thing, our mind is processed by sensations, emotions and thoughts and meditation have the power to put our brain down and stop all process of our brain, ignoring all things of outside and open the door of our inner world, because our concentration is no longer to belong to the physical world but to ourself. This is the moment when we start to feel our spirituality, the searching of our dark side... There are people who had the courage to share with us great secrets. Mr. Mikao Usui was one of them. He was the founder of Reiki - a form of spiritual practice, a therapy practice of energy working to fix physical, emotion and mental diseases. He spent 21 days on the mountain of karuna meditating about the formula.. and he found it. In fact, nowadays many of Rekians people don't know what Respect means, they use Reiki in the name of money and forget the purpose of Mr. Mikao Usui when he decided to teach for humanity, in others words, they use the knowledge of Reiki for their own interests and purposes but before... they evolve, “feel” and make others believe that they are loyals and trusted and have some money to expend. This is when deceit ruled many times in the heart of many, this is when they lost time to talk and less time to feel, a time when they think that have everything controlled and believes that a good conversations keep things in right places... Until the silence comes and they begin to suffocate because they need attention and need to know that are important beings. Of course, there is a If's, if you don't give me attention i will leave to other place and find the right persons and right temples. But, there is.. They can meditate how ignore their own essence and give more attention to outside, It's their choices. The beauty of meditation is only revealed by whom definitely feel the silence and understand the concept of darkness. Darkness is the path of discovery not a path of selfish... Darknes is beauty and many destroy the beauty because they fear light. If you don't understand don't try explain something that you cannot living. Meditation is the part when we look to ourself and check that we are strong and loyal to Evolution. Meditation is not for all, just for a few.. Just like Asetianism. Not for all.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Meditation. Empty Re: Meditation.

Post by Talibah 09.10.11 14:41

Another excellent post Stalker, thank you for sharing.
It is true that for many, silence is a difficult concept to grasp, often they can take it very personally too, feeling it almost as a physical thing against their attention. It can indeed highlight how some have a selfish sense of expectation when they embark onto a spiritual path, many times feeling they are owed tutelage in return for their continued loyalty. And as Stalker rightly pointed out, many will feel insulted when those expectations are not met, and will inevitably end up making a lot of noise all by themselves just to compensate for what they feel is the unsettling lack of it!
This is counterproductive, in the long term. As it only serves to further alienate yourself, from your Self.
If we can learn to be more content dwelling in silence - instead of fearing it - we might find ourselves surprised at how much we ’hear’.
Talibah
Talibah
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Hioman 09.10.11 17:33

"The beauty of meditation is only revealed by whom definitely feel the
silence and understand the concept of darkness. Darkness is the path of
discovery not a path of selfish... Darknes is beauty and many destroy
the beauty because they fear light. If you don't understand don't try
explain something that you cannot living. Meditation is the part when we
look to ourself and check that we are strong and loyal to Evolution".

Meditating is, above all, explore the inner self. A dark interior that many claim to have fully explored, have already or are living in darkness. The Darkness and Its mysteries ... where the light does not touch, where the light is over when exposed to a vast Darkness. So meditation allows the being to progress in itself, an eternal quest for his own evolution. The Asetianism teaches to know ourselves before the whole world around us, teaches us to know and to seek to know who we are...to look inside... not in time or space, but within us, in our essence.

As was said by Stalker: "Meditation is not for all, just for a few.. Just like Asetianism. Not
for all". Truly said.

Good post, Stalker =)
Hioman
Hioman
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 10.10.11 7:08

Good post Stalker. I admire how even with the visible language barrier that you face when writing in English you usually find a way not only to express yourself coherently through complex subjects as your words bring feelings and emotion. We all have come across people that write native English and believe to express themselves so eloquently and beautifully but in fact their words are empty.

I find the subject of meditation to be very important not only in Asetianism, that explores the meditative realms and ancient techniques in such a complex way, but to every form of occult tradition and practice. With that said, meditation is not magick, but a door. A very interesting door.

From your post I found most interesting your approach to the subject of silence. You were straight to the point when you said that silence suffocates many people because they need attention. That makes silence very powerful. That also makes the need for attention a major weakness, once again one that we all see around us without the need to mention names. We have all noticed them.

With spiritual evolution silence becomes something precious, and then is when meditation proves to be most fruitful. Enlightenment manifests precisely in the lack of that need for attention. It means you are one and complete.
Exposure, ego and seeking for attention are clear signs of spiritual imbalance.

After all, you never see an ancient soul seeking attention and exposure. That's not random.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 10.10.11 12:46

Victor wrote:Good post Stalker. I admire how even with the visible language barrier that you face when writing in English you usually find a way not only to express yourself coherently through complex subjects as your words bring feelings and emotion. We all have come across people that write native English and believe to express themselves so eloquently and beautifully but in fact their words are empty.

I completely agree.

As to meditation, I have very similar views to all of you. Well, this post is not contributing anything, is it? Smile I will find the time to elaborate, soon.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 10.10.11 14:02

Thank you for your words, very appreciated. Talibah, HioEne, Victor and Syrianeh.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 10.10.11 14:31

Victor wrote:
After all, you never see an ancient soul seeking attention and exposure. That's not random.

I Agree Clap
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hierophant 11.10.11 1:04

Victor wrote:

Yeah, I have to agree. This statement resonates with me.

There are a lot of people in the wider New Age/Metaphysical community that are nothing more than hucksters seeking fame and fortune. But then again everything is 'for sale' these days.

Hierophant
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 11.10.11 3:16

This is a very good thread.

I find that meditation is crucial for any type of spiritual growth, and on a more superficial plane to promote mental health and a greater connection with the Self. Quietness and Silence are the realms of the higher vibratory energies, and it is only there that certain realms can be accessed.

It's important to learn from our Masters and to share our experiences in communion with others; it's important to communicate and listen to the voices in the community. But it's just as important - and some time, it's vital - to listen to ourselves, to the essence and inner voice that is waiting to speak inside each of us.

Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 11.10.11 7:31

Nice thread with great answers. I agree with what everyone has been saying, especially with what Stalker and Victor explained on how silence frustrates people. Most people can't stand silence, which to me means that most people can't stand themselves. Only in silence you can find your true self. Smile
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalia 11.10.11 14:38

The need for attention you're all speaking about and its associated suffocation from silence are connected with the desperate need some people have to feel special. Truth is, they don't find themselves to be special, so they draw attention from others to make them feel more special. This is also connected with the need for exposure Victor mentioned earlier, a common reaction observed these days more than ever in the past. In analytical terms, this is tied up to inner frustrations and it's not a good indicator to where modern society is heading.

If they would truly feel unique, they wouldn't be so desperate to have others telling them that. It also goes down to independence and self-esteem. If you're independent and accomplished, you're not submissive to appearances and exposure. Reaction to silence plays a major role in analyzing people.
People must understand that they can't search in others for the beauty they want to see in them. To be special you must look inside, facing the real you, otherwise you're living a life it's not even yours and who wants to live a lie right? Sadly, many prefer to live a lie than to face reality and the real self. They dislike who and what they are, and express such frustrations against others. Another expression of frustration is to diminish others in order to make yourself seem or feel something better.

Yes, I know, I'm back to psychology. Can't help it. Smile

'Natalia'
Natalia
Natalia
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 13.10.11 13:13

That's fine by me Natalia. Razz Your contributions are always thought provoking.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellen 13.10.11 14:41

Both silence and words are powerful , though neither silence nor words alone are the sign of enlightenment .
Both can hide all sorts of fears , both can be ego controlled and both when abused or misunderstood can harm the true flow of individual's will and not attending it's true course .

If one is at peace ,free and attuned , one  follows his will and he would be silent when he feels to and express himself when he wills to without other thoughts  , in this case silence or words would ,  in fact,  cease to be an issue .

Hellen
Hellen
Hellen
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Hierophant 13.10.11 21:47

Zazen (the sitting meditation) and the practice of 'mindfulness' really helped develop my character in my early 20s. It helped me reign in my anger and emotions.

http://www.mro.org/zmm/teachings/meditation.php

Hierophant
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 14.10.11 15:42

Hierophant wrote:Zazen (the sitting meditation) and the practice of 'mindfulness' really helped develop my character in my early 20s. It helped me reign in my anger and emotions.

http://www.mro.org/zmm/teachings/meditation.php

Interesting point, Hierophant... But in fact, i think this part of Zen is the "last" part of meditation perhaps the less important when we talk about Meditation. There is a tale of a group of blind men that touch an elephant to learn what it is like. Each one touch in a different part, but only one part, such as the side. They then compare notes and learn that they are in complete disagreement. The story is about how the elephant's body parts are described, how they can be very conflicts beings and how the conflict among the men and their perspectives is resolved. They die in the final of story and as we know the story we can call them fools. This is to say that they believed in their sense. I think we are like them. We do not have the main map to obtain all vision of the globe, but we have a little of the map. Meditation is a door of Ancient time, part of pure knowledge. The thing is... Meditation do not mean use techniques of buddhism or something else to progress or discovery something new, if some of you seem meditation like that, than meditation is bored and hated. When i talk about meditation i am not talking about on breathing techniques (its important too), but, mainly in Inner Wisdom and how we get things.

Meditation changes the person, there are nights that are simply magnificent .. Of course, that i have been a loyal friend to me ...The Tarot. It's amazing, in silence the things i can learn with he. The method to comunicate with Tarot is simple... I only need be honest with myself and respect him. Seems that the unique thing we need is be honest with ourself.. Only this. To me, it's more important to receive the mysteries of Tarot for example than just pratice some exercices of meditation like bhuddist apply in their lives. The point is not only about peace in heart, mind and body... Peace do not means evolution, peace it's a state of moment.

Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down