Demonia
Bella Donna
Jonathan
Daniel09
8 posters

Go down

Truth & Fiction About Vampires  Empty Truth & Fiction About Vampires

Post by uENVY91 07.06.12 8:19

Mainly I was just wondering about what y'all think are True & Fake about Real Vampires. This topic can be a very broad topic. For instance what y'all think about how todays' movies & world portrays Vampires. About how they can't go in the direct sunlight, or that now they have been immune to sunlight, can only be killed by a wooden stake or cutting their heads off, can only be damaged by holy objects, can't ever enter a house without being truly invited in 1st, love to party in underground nightclubs, are allergic to garlic, have to feed of energy or blood to live, etc. Thanks so much for read, blogging, & caring.
uENVY91
uENVY91
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-06-06

https://www.vampirismforum.com/t900-info-about-me-to-the-communit

Back to top Go down

Truth & Fiction About Vampires  Empty Re: Truth & Fiction About Vampires

Post by uENVY91 07.06.12 8:27

^^^ Type-O sorry guys, I always do that when I type too fast. I put "of" in the 2nd to last sentence instead of "off of" & read in the last sentence and I meant "reading".
uENVY91
uENVY91
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 07.06.12 10:24

Well, obviously most of it is simply made up by people over time. Superstition is one of the interesting ways that humans come up with reasons to fear or ritualize their daily life.

Almost all of the issues outlined there are purely genetic, not directly spiritual. I'd say that needing to supplement energy is one of the only ones that actually apply to true vampires, though even that might earn them a different connotation than the better-known mythical creatures.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonia 07.06.12 12:09

Todays movies and how they portray vampires... its cute, yet often annoying since close minded/uneducated people think that what's in the movies is what's in reality.
In my opinion, the media isn't portraying vampires at all, they've made up their own version of the vampire and sell it across the world for what it is, ignoring what a real vampire happens to actually be.

People always stereotype and make exaggerated generalizations of things... its just what people do, and did alot of back in the day especially. history is "his story" so to speak, so his story on vampires was this and that and so forth if u see where im going with this...

garlic, wooden steaks, sunlight, sleeping in coffins, the whole lot... its all stereotypical and unreal when it comes to true vampires (in the year 2012 atleast). maybe someone who is a vampire could be allergic to garlic? and not just vampires, but anything would physically die if a wooden steak were to be jammed through their heart Razz !

the whole sunlight deal... lots of people are sun-sensitive. i find myself being one of them. its probably due to vampirism. its the types of energy the sun gives off that doesnt agree with me. it doesnt mean vampires can't go outside and enjoy a sunny day, its just more comfortable when the sun isnt prominent and all in your face, draining you and giving you headaches even under the shade.

vampirism, in my view, is a condition of the soul. the soul extends to the physical body, causing some minor alterations and special needs that differ from a regular human soul and body. yet our bodies are human so to speak, so there isnt much difference that you can physically see, as portrayed in the movies... compared to humans, we just have some special abilities, a constant need for energy, a greater connection to nature and the astral plane, and being nocturnal of course.. Razz !
Demonia
Demonia
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2012-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by uENVY91 07.06.12 12:17

Yeah thanks for your response, I have noticed a lot of people talking a lot about supplement energy dealing w/ Vampires. Although I don't think I have quite get my head around that whole idea, it seems too out there for me. I thought energy/meditation was more of a Sikhism, Jainism, Hinduism, & a Buddhism thing. Sorry I'm not bashing your ideas or beliefs, it's just a little far fetched for me to believe Ancient Egyptians cared so much much about Energy. I thought they were more worried about wars/combat/hunting, music, family blood lines, the sun, wind, medical knowledge, work/farming, gold/taxes, & sex.
uENVY91
uENVY91
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by uENVY91 07.06.12 12:30

@Demonia - Thankz so much for the sarcasm & 4 the little bit that you told me that I already knew. I'm not saying that I believe all of those things in the movies, I just wanted to know y'alls views on the whole deal. Very Happy FYI: And no I not upset w/ what you said, just a little more sarcasm back at ya. But regarless of the whole deal if those things in the movie are real or fake/genetic or spiritual - Their is always a counter/reverse ritual to Genetics & Spiritual things this I know of for sure. And no I don't mean for all of these just some.
uENVY91
uENVY91
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by uENVY91 07.06.12 12:36

^^^ Uhg... Another type-o - just let it be know that I do that quite often, bad habit. And I kind of controdicted myself in the last tw sentence but you sould be able to understand that I meant. Their is "most of the time" a counter/reverse ritual to Genetics & Spiritual things this I know of for sure.
uENVY91
uENVY91
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonia 07.06.12 12:49

http://www.asetka.org/vampirism.shtml

this can answer most or hopefully all of your questions in regards to vampirism and energy.

uENVY91 wrote:I thought energy/meditation was more of a Sikhism, Jainism, Hinduism, & a Buddhism thing. Sorry I'm not bashing your ideas or beliefs, it's just a little far fetched for me to believe Ancient Egyptians cared so much much about Energy. I thought they were more worried about wars/combat/hunting, music, family blood lines, the sun, wind, medical knowledge, work/farming, gold/taxes, & sex.

no offense taken. combat, hunting, war, the sun, wind, sex... all of those have to deal with energy. energy is life. without energy there is no life. the ancient egyptians were very big on this...

Demonia
Demonia
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 07.06.12 13:46

Demonia wrote:
uENVY91 wrote:I thought energy/meditation was more of a Sikhism, Jainism, Hinduism, & a Buddhism thing. Sorry I'm not bashing your ideas or beliefs, it's just a little far fetched for me to believe Ancient Egyptians cared so much much about Energy. I thought they were more worried about wars/combat/hunting, music, family blood lines, the sun, wind, medical knowledge, work/farming, gold/taxes, & sex.

no offense taken. combat, hunting, war, the sun, wind, sex... all of those have to deal with energy. energy is life. without energy there is no life. the ancient egyptians were very big on this...
Well said. Energy is life.

Besides what Demonia said, I think it's quite clear how the Ancient Egyptians were dedicated to energy and magick. It was all around in every aspect of their culture. Their spirituality was everything to them and magick was a natural part of their daily life. It was part of their science, their religion, their sex, their everything...
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by uENVY91 07.06.12 15:39

O ok. That's very interesting. Thankz.
uENVY91
uENVY91
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by witchmark 08.06.12 21:17

Demonia and Jonathon, well said! Most forget that to employ magick one needs to be able to manipulate energy. Smile There is only one thing that uENVY91 forgot to ask so I will point it out and hope it gets a chuckle is: "Is it a virus?"

My only hope here is that uENVY91 sees my humor as well as my point.

witchmark
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2012-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Donna 08.06.12 23:46

Demonia wrote:Todays movies and how they portray vampires... its cute, yet often annoying since close minded/uneducated people think that what's in the movies is what's in reality.
In my opinion, the media isn't portraying vampires at all, they've made up their own version of the vampire and sell it across the world for what it is, ignoring what a real vampire happens to actually be.

I personally think that this Hollywood Picture we have about Vampires actually serves my needs very well. I am personally Psychic and to me it is great tool that most of the human kind denials me being truth.

For that reason I would never start to correct humans with false opinions, cause less they know, more I success.. Wink
Bella Donna
Bella Donna
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by uENVY91 09.06.12 12:55

^^^ Nice.. Bella Donna
uENVY91
uENVY91
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Truth & Fiction About Vampires  Empty Truth & Fiction About Vampires

Post by uENVY91 05.07.12 4:44

[quote="Bella Donna"]
Demonia wrote: I personally think that this Hollywood Picture we have about Vampires actually serves my needs very well. I am personally Psychic and to me it is great tool that most of the human kind denials me being truth. For that reason I would never start to correct humans with false opinions, cause less they know, more I success.. Wink

And yes witchmark, Jonathan, Demonia, & Daniel09 I get your points. But not quite sure what Bella Donna is talking about here ^. So in another words your a psychic that knows the truth but tells people lies. That kinda defeats the purpose. What if someone came to you for help & you thought they couldn't really handle the truth so you told them a lie & it later caused their death. Wouldn't that some what make you feel kind bad? Rolling Eyes J/w.
uENVY91
uENVY91
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by uENVY91 05.07.12 4:47

^^^^ Mad Wow don't know how that happened must have been some error. It says Demonia wrote: but it should say Bella Donna. --- The quote thing screw up some how. Sorry about this guys...
uENVY91
uENVY91
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonia 05.07.12 9:56

I believe Bella Donna meant that, the movies and fiction are a great facade... shielding the truths of herself and other vampires occultists otherkin and the like to the crowds that would cause headache and too many questions; hiding the truth from those who aren't worthy of its existence. just a guess, but i see her point here... i wish i could enlighten everyone on the real existence of vampires, so the movies do bother me when discussion of real vampires arise. But im assuming Bella Donna is in the mindset of, those who seek will find the knowledge for themselves, and as for the later, close minded humans, let them not bother us with their pettiness.
Demonia
Demonia
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by witchmark 05.07.12 17:55

No apologies needed. I figured it out as I read it. Smile

witchmark
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2012-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by uENVY91 05.07.12 20:14

O ok. I gotcha.
uENVY91
uENVY91
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by schitzophobic 06.07.12 7:38

I find the hollywood rendition of the metaphysical to be somewhat usefull... it helps me weed out the roleplayers and playgans... when in certain settings one doesnt even need to directly engage them in order to know its just a game to them... unfortunately the large number of unenlightened individuals makes finding venues of quality very difficult...
schitzophobic
schitzophobic
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Lafaeyette 11.08.12 5:39

I think vampire fact and fiction is so muddled from centuries of myth and legend and writers and poets trying to romanticise what already exists that we will never really know the whole truth. I, however, appreciate this, as it means I am not disillusioned of what I already believe and feel... The things that made me fall in love with vampires Smile

Lafaeyette
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-08-06

http://www.vampirebibliographica.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down