Black Genesis

2 posters

Go down

Black Genesis Empty Black Genesis

Post by Maxx 02.07.13 19:03

I wonder if anyone can give a summary of their thoughts regarding the Book by Bauval and Brodey titled Black Genesis.....Have not made up my mind to purchase or not so am asking thoughts that the book produced for you after reading it based on your connection with the study of ancient Kemet....Thanks.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Black Genesis Empty Re: Black Genesis

Post by Jonathan 03.07.13 8:03

Hello Maxx,

I haven't read Black Genesis yet but I have read other works by Bauval before. I have enjoyed his books although haven't found them to be something too great to mention but still decent readings with theories based off some scientific evidence. Never read the works by Thomas Brophy but he seems to have a few scientific articles published, but that being good or bad can depend on a lot of factors.

If you get to read Black Genesis let me know your thoughts and if it's worth a reading.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3046
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 03.07.13 8:19

The description of the book is what caught my eye....He says that the people that probably were responsible for the building in Egypt were the people from Africa called the cattle people that came up from the Sahara area....so the present Egyptians were not responsible......which I have seen in other accounts that pure Egyptians are hard to find as they are a mix of many things...so the book talks about the pre pharaoh times and kemet being populated from the south by black Africans......so you can imagine the screaming and yelling by people like Hawass.[/justify]
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 03.07.13 9:44

lol Yes. Hawass constantly gets pissed off at any kind of new emergent theory concerning Ancient Egypt. I think he's afraid of change and evolution, being stuck at every theory of the past. Like most "scholar experts" he's afraid of being wrong. A very common thing among scientific communities and people who grew dependent on their titles and ranks.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3046
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 03.07.13 12:40

I was impressed with his research of a prior book called The Master Game...Bauval was born in Egypt and lived there 19 years and knows the background of the country....But what I was impressed with was his research on groups trying to justify the teachings of Christianity.  Bauval was raised a Catholic....but after reading all his research about how the different beliefs were constructed by each group...there is no way in hell one could follow a Christian or church based group....as well as some other religions he writes about and gives research....it appears he does not just throw a concept out on the street without first researching it and then listing that info given for his conclusion....
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down