My way of working with spirits.

+2
Daniel09
Poorvamp
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My way of working with spirits. - Page 2 Empty Re: My way of working with spirits.

Post by Maxx 21.08.13 10:40

and you certainly want to get in touch with your immediate spirits that have been around you all your life.....find the easiest to reach as they are there to join in contact to work with you.  That would fall into the category you are seeking.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

My way of working with spirits. - Page 2 Empty Re: My way of working with spirits.

Post by Lilith's Nightchild 09.09.13 23:24

I'd agree that astral sex and invocation are two very different experiences, but astral sex (especially with succubi/incubi) can still result in obsession, which can snowball into full-blown possession if not dealt with quickly. But, as with invocation, that's not much of a risk if you know what you're doing (meaning, you're able to keep control of yourself).

As far as invocation goes, I'm sure it does have some safety issues. One thing to consider is that once you invoke an entity at a deep enough level, you will see things from their perspective, and this can permanently alter your consciousness to a slight or great degree, even after the spirit itself has left.

I was once (willingly) possessed temporarily after an invocation, which caused me to go into a dissociated, almost drunken state and start climbing all over things and running and jumping over fences. The spirit left peacefully and did no harm, but it was odd. (I was also under attack by possessive entity called a dybbuk for a while, and that was nothing short of nasty, but it has nothing to do with conscious invocation.)

Also, I'm sure that a circle, properly consecrated, could in theory be used to entrap some spirits and "protect" you from them, but I don't recommend it for the following reasons:

1. More powerful entities cannot be contained at all, especially by a novice.

2. It's rude and can make the spirit mad at you.

3. I once heard a magickian compare it to the astral version of a condom. It's true. You don't get the full experience, and it can defeat the point.

4. If you don't have the capability to banish a spirit or work with it respectfully, you have no business summoning it in the first place, in my opinion.

One thing I'd like to add to Maxx's post is that while I personally find Ford's version of the Goetia more appealing than the original in many ways, I always consult both, because some of Ford's reinterpretations of the Goetic spirits don't vibe with me as much as the originals.
Lilith's Nightchild
Lilith's Nightchild
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-09-07

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2