Dream Attacks?

+2
Stapleraindrop
Troublemaker
6 posters

Go down

Dream Attacks? Empty Dream Attacks?

Post by Troublemaker 05.05.14 21:54

I have noticed that for the past week, I've been having recurring dreams about being demonically possessed. I know that this has several possible interpretations, many of which have nothing to do with the occult, but the dreams feel almost real. There is always a small fraction of time where I feel almost malevolent in the dream, I feel something come into me and I know for certain that it isn't me, it's some other presence.

I'm also a completely grown woman, and I'd like to think I'm mentally sane (well, as mentally sane as possible. lol) Smile So, it isn't normal for me to fear the dark. I like to sit in dark rooms and just... relax. But as I have posted before, I often sense something watching me. It feels as though a presence is hanging around behind me...constantly. So I am always looking over my shoulder. Things move in the corner of my eye sometimes and when I look- nothing is there.
And sometimes I get a thought or two flitting through my head that completely clashes with my personality. One night, I looked at myself in the mirror and chills erupted over my entire body... there was something in my eyes that scared me, something that wasn't ME. I can normally ground myself very easily but due to some draining experiences I've had lately, my spirit feels a bit damaged. My entire energy body feels extremely weakened and I feel like I'm slogging through daily life in wet sand.
These things almost feel a bit silly to type. I'm a logical person, and I take any opportunity I can to debunk things (I don't like being led astray). But this feels very real and very frightening.

The whole point of this long post is that I think something has taken the opportunity of my weakened state to attach itself to me. The problem is that I don't understand what it is or how to get rid of it, or even if I should try. I don't have a problem with demons, as they are a necessary part of the universe. I'm just getting a little bit freaked out by these odd experiences. I was hoping someone might have already had a similar experience, and can offer advice on what I should do from here.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Dream Attacks? Empty Re: Dream Attacks?

Post by Stapleraindrop 05.05.14 22:18

If you tried to meditate and enter the inner plane, and possibly the astral you could attempt to check your energy body and remove any obstructions and/or attatchments.
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 05.05.14 22:21

I am not sure how to do this... the most I've been able to achieve so far is enter a deep meditative state that comes with a feeling of weightlessness...
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 05.05.14 22:27

Em Hotep,

It's just a dream, and for being a dream you have the opportunity to control him and ask himself what this dream represents. Sometimes, our fears are represented in dreams, and sometimes the dreams are trying to tell us something important, sometimes it's even our mind doing hallucinations. It all depends on some details. The truth is that we have the ability to control everything in the world of dreams. By facing our fears and expanding our limiting visions or beliefs we grow up.
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 05.05.14 22:29

You have good points, I will have to practice controlling my dreams more. That would be a productive way to move forward... although it might take me a while Smile
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Kyles 12.08.15 19:23

So I am wondering, I've had the same type of experience. What if those types of dreams create fear? I'm usually not a fearful person but when I have dreams like those, I can't seem to level out my fear and it creates a block from important things I'm supposed to receive when I meditate. Any suggestions? Music tends to help but I've recently experienced nightmares from having too much interpretation from the lyrics. I have really good intuition and interpretation which can sometimes become a problem for me when it comes to meditation and sleeping. I've also had mental attacks before which could also be a part of the problem.
Raven Kyles
Raven Kyles
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2015-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Nature 13.08.15 23:48

Raven Kyles wrote:So I am wondering, I've had the same type of experience. What if those types of dreams create fear? I'm usually not a fearful person but when I have dreams like those, I can't seem to level out my fear and it creates a block from important things I'm supposed to receive when I meditate. Any suggestions? Music tends to help but I've recently experienced nightmares from having too much interpretation from the lyrics. I have really good intuition and interpretation which can sometimes become a problem for me when it comes to meditation and sleeping. I've also had mental attacks before which could also be a part of the problem.
Do you retain your consciousness in your dreams?
Nature
Nature
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 14.08.15 1:00

Raven, what do you mean by mental attacks? Do you know who the attacker is? Also, would you mind describing the attack in detail?
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Kyles 14.08.15 6:14

You might think I'm crazy if I tell you but there are few who practice shadow work. My cousin can and I know a lady who can do this too who is very good at shadow travel. She said that there are rights to those who shadow travel. They would often latch themselves onto people depending on the situation.

This I think is what the attacker is, a shadow traveler. Call it what you will, but I know what is real and what isn't. Also it comes hand in hand with Astral travel. That is why they tell you to develop a shield before you travel and to strengthen your chord.
Raven Kyles
Raven Kyles
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Kyles 14.08.15 6:15

You would have to pm me for details as this is a rather personal problem I am dealing with. Not many are willing to help and I'm not even sure I can deal with this. Sad
Raven Kyles
Raven Kyles
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Kyles 14.08.15 6:22

To answer Nature, I had indeed been somewhat lucid dreaming when I was listening to an old form of 3 days grace, I don't remember the song, but when I woke up I felt like I was controlled, but I was awake once in a while when the song reached a soft point, just not all the way. The dream I had was weird too.
Raven Kyles
Raven Kyles
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Nature 14.08.15 23:08

Raven Kyles wrote:To answer Nature, I had indeed been somewhat lucid dreaming when I was listening to an old form of 3 days grace, I don't remember the song, but when I woke up I felt like I was controlled, but I was awake once in a while when the song reached a soft point, just not all the way. The dream I had was weird too.

I am not sure of a remedy for the situation other than trying to force said invader out, if that is even the issue at hand. I am not sure a shield would work at this point. Do you feel you could re-project and try to force it out at the same time?

The reason I was asking about maintaining dream consciousness is that not a lot of individuals can effectively shield while asleep... in fact most can't without being in some way "conscious" of the fact that they are dreaming/astrally projecting etc. I think of it as walking down a dark alley in a bad neighborhood but being unable to defend yourself.
Nature
Nature
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Kyles 15.08.15 16:29

hmm...I can try that, but you are right most can't. I'm not sure I can be successful though cause last time I did that I was in another entirely different place. It's hard to explain because I don't remember and I only caught a flash of it. I'm not really sure if that's a good thing or not. I have tried to build my shield but it's hard for me to concentrate. I don't often meditate due to being in school. I will try to do that though and thanks again for your advice. :-)
Raven Kyles
Raven Kyles
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Nature 15.08.15 22:41

Raven Kyles wrote:hmm...I can try that, but you are right most can't. I'm not sure I can be successful though cause last time I did that I was in another entirely different place. It's hard to explain because I don't remember and I only caught a flash of it. I'm not really sure if that's a good thing or not. I have tried to build my shield but it's hard for me to concentrate. I don't often meditate due to being in school. I will try to do that though and thanks again for your advice. :-)

No problem!
Nature
Nature
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 21.08.15 19:01

If forcing the thing out doesn't work, you could always attack it, as in try to sense its chakras and energetic pathways and shut them down. Sometimes things don't want to leave, even when asked nicely, and it must come to violence. Granted, the attack route is a very serious situation and shouldn't be taken lightly, and it can also go badly if the being is extremely strong.

Also, meditation is extremely important for a multitude of reasons. Regular meditation might help you arrive at solutions to your spiritual issues in a more timely manner.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Kyles 22.08.15 10:29

I understand Rhea Kaye. Thanks for your advice. I noticed that sometimes when I do that, it does help. Although the environment that I'm in now is full of negativity and hard to maintain a positive outlook. Sadly I do not have good music to help with this as my phone will not charge anymore. :-(
Raven Kyles
Raven Kyles
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 22.08.15 13:32

All you need do is know what the brand your phone is such as manufacturer and model, then do a search on the net to buy a battery for that brand and type. Then it is sent to you in your mail...and charge it and you are back in business. Need a debit card or some card to charge over the net. Very easy.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Kyles 22.08.15 13:36

Thanks Maxx. I will look into it when I can. :-)
Raven Kyles
Raven Kyles
Outsider
Outsider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down