The two sides of Aset

5 posters

Go down

The two sides of Aset Empty The two sides of Aset

Post by Troublemaker 17.08.14 22:25

I have heard that Aset, while sacred and loved by many people (including myself), also had a very harsh side. Can someone explain the Egyptology behind what happened? I haven't been able to find specific instances or examples that explain what she has done to have what many people describe as a malevolent side.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1611
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

The two sides of Aset Empty Re: The two sides of Aset

Post by Divine 277 18.08.14 7:04

Well, you have the classical story, when Aset tricked Ra Smile She is also connected to the goddess Hathor, who is depicted in the story about sekhmet , the story says that Sekhmet came down to bleed the desert dry, and punish man, however they could not stop her, so RA tricked her to drink a beverage, that made her become Hathor … ( if i remember correctly, this story was found in Greece, do not remember, when it was dated, but posting the article for wikipedia ). Hathor is in close relation to isis, as isis and Hathor is both depicted with the sun disk and horns…http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isishttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hathor

I must add, that i still think that the Egyptian Pantheon, is very complex, and also it differs for arias and timeline, I have not set archeological dating as priority in this question, but to get real answers about the time line, one should really look in to it Smile
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 18.08.14 10:06

The lady of a thousand faces is an interesting figure in any mythos in which she appears.
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 19.08.14 20:01

On a completely off topic note, I was watching game of thrones, and love the symbolism in this show. Especially with Rob Stark's wedding scene, he and his wife swear by the 7; the smith, father, mother, maiden, warrior, crone, and stranger. There is constant mention of the 7 in this show, which I equate with the 7 lower aspects of Qabbalah.

Anyone else find cool stuff within this show? I remember there wa a thread about it a while back.
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 19.08.14 23:22

Thank you all for the responses.
Stapleraindrop, I hope you find answers of your own. I unfortunately have no idea about the game of thrones... I have no time to watch television as I am usually too busy wrangling the lazy teenagers that I work with. lol
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Tehom 26.08.14 17:23

The Mother has many acts for her children, many of which are to protect them.

You are correct in assuming the pantheon is complex, and does indeed differ often. Aset will always remain primordial, however.. her beauty is eternal and pure. This remains true, and always will.

This is all I will say on this matter.. I do hope I haven't spoken too little, or disappointed your searching for this knowledge, but I would not want to test my tongue, so to speak. I would rather say little that may carry enough meaning and purpose for one to understand further individually, than say too much, and wither the flame of inspiration.

Perhaps another will soon give unto you a greater amount of information to work with.
Tehom
Tehom
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 237

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 26.08.14 23:58

Thank you for your response.
I actually think it was a perfect one. I think people should be able to understand Aset through their own soul-searching. I already know what she means to me, personally, and the feeling gets stronger every day. I could go on and on about what I've found, but none of it would be "official"... I guess I understand now that the "official" knowledge about her doesn't matter as much as what my soul tells me.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 27.08.14 15:58

Official everything doesn't matter. As you go farther on your path, the wake of the tower gets ever more prevalent. You notice little things about human society/culture/conditioning that may have floated across your mind before, but being detached from such things, makes them easier to view objectively.
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 28.08.14 20:47

Oh definitely...

For example, reading people's spam-like, incessant posts on Facebook about their infallible Christian faith makes me want to vomit when it never did before. It makes a lot of sense now, that the Red Order of Seth would be involved in that. I see the blindness, the lack of thought... everyone is just following without thinking for themselves, afraid they will burn for eternity if they don't obey.

Sometimes I wonder how I didn't see it all before... how conditioned I was to normal society. It's weird how what APPEARS to be a simple book can change EVERYTHING.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 29.08.14 0:12

Rhea Kaye wrote:Oh definitely...

For example, reading people's spam-like, incessant posts on Facebook about their infallible Christian faith makes me want to vomit when it never did before.  It makes a lot of sense now, that the Red Order of Seth would be involved in that.  I see the blindness, the lack of thought... everyone is just following without thinking for themselves, afraid they will burn for eternity if they don't obey.

Sometimes I wonder how I didn't see it all before... how conditioned I was to normal society. It's weird how what APPEARS to be a simple book can change EVERYTHING.

I Agree
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 03.09.14 19:34

It's difficult for me to learn more about other goddesses, as well. I was trying to learn more about Hecate and was scratching my head the whole time. From what I've read so far, she seems like just another facet of Aset, not a separate entity. Because the Egyptian pantheon was first, how do you discern between the deities? Or is it open to interpretation? I want to have a clear understanding before I officially try to work with them, so that my chances of success increase.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 04.09.14 0:08

I do agree that Hecate can be seen as one of the facets of Aset. I would say one of her many dark ones actually. Now this is my own interpretation but you should seek your own as there is nothing quite like experience and many answers you can find within yourself and by interacting with the different energies and entities.

Now when it comes to working with entities I would like to add that I find it important to keep in mind that we are often dealing with the energy and influence of an entity and not with the entity itself. This is not true for minor entities and astral entities but it's certainly true when it comes to working with higher deities such as Aset, Hecate, Seth or whatever. It's egotistical to simply accept we are interacting directly with such powerful universal force. In fact, such deities can't even be invoked or summoned, contrary to popular belief and popular occultism where everyone seems to claim to invoke all sorts of deities. What is actually happening is that we are working with the energy of said deity and that shouldn't be seen as small as those energies can achieve great magickal feats. It's only important to keep our head in place and not get deceived by the many desires of our ego.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Stapleraindrop 04.09.14 5:56

Unless you're climbing the tree, that is.
I always enjoyed the Celtic rendition of The Morrigan tbh, there's something almost soothing about the Celtic energy versus what the Greeks had to say, so to speak.
Stapleraindrop
Stapleraindrop
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down