Good and Evil, Light and Dark

3 posters

Go down

Good and Evil, Light and Dark Empty Good and Evil, Light and Dark

Post by Charby 21.12.17 11:41

What is good? How do you define what it good and what is not? Are good and light in the spiritual sense the same thing or, is it possible for evil to be light and good to be dark?

Is there true good and evil in this world or, only right and wrong and, if it is only right and wrong, by who's moral compass are we to decide what is right and wrong?

Do we rely on only our own, internal morals? Do we accept the general morals of society? Both seem good ideas but, all of us here on this earth are flawed, imperfect beings so, we each and all might be wrong. So God, some deity but, aren't such deities merely human perception and ideas to explain the Source so, might those perceptions and ideas be as flawed as each of us are?

Just food for though, something to discuss and debate for a while.
Charby
Charby
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2017-12-15

Back to top Go down

Good and Evil, Light and Dark Empty Re: Good and Evil, Light and Dark

Post by Jonathan 21.12.17 13:26

I think we’ve discussed this in different unrelated threads. Most here, myself included, don’t believe in good and evil. Those are social constructs and they change according to culture and their views in different societies. Similar to the concepts of white and black magick that are flawed since magick just like nature has no color, it merely changes according to the intent and design of the practitioner. When approaching the occult some people mistakenly assume that darkness is a path of evil when the duality of light and darkness have nothing to do with good and evil but represent entirely different concepts.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 30.12.17 19:06

I believe good and evil is a subjective barometer of apperceiving that which is desirable from that which is undesirable as concerns cause and effect, or things that might either be beneficient or harmful. An evil deed will register itself invariably as your karma and will give an evil effect; an evil deed is merely something that is disharmonious, causing disharmony and disruption in the field of energy or manifested world, which substratum would be a balanced and just equilibrium which, itself, retaliates accordingly. The whole fabric of the universe bends and warps itself around you according to your karma so as to influence and shape your life's circumstances in various ways, but that I believe is a slightly different thing although yet very interlinked. The karma is not registered in some book, but according to some very subtle registration, storing itself in you or in the akashic records but I am not myself certain. It could be akin to memory, and then that memory might have an additional layer of attribute in regards to attraction or repulsion of things in your life. This is so far as I have figured out the law of karma but I have heard that even the gods struggle with understanding it, as it is quite incomprehensible but to its implementor, whom I assume to be an all wise Creator. Just law of karma is more or less inescapable, and cannot be circumvented, unless you appeal to higher powers which might lessen it and meanwhile, quite necessarily, change your course of action into a more positive, unifying, integrating, approach, rather than a negative, dissonant, and displacing one. As within, so without; whatever your state within reflects your state without and vice versa, however not meaning that if you live in a bad environment that you become necessarily bad on the inside, if you develop spiritual resistance and inner strength, but that what you do on the outside will be like throwing stones causing ripples of effects on the inside; and if you are good on the inside, you will also find a better environment and circumstances on the outside. In some way there is a necessary correlation, in regards to your actions, but not only actions - also words and thoughts play into the chain of cause and effect. I believe a similar concept there is, like this described, in Egyptian mythology, called Ma'at.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down